Status: Slowly Active.

Traitor in a Second

How long have you been in your bedroom?

After The arcade and fun we all decided to call it a night. As we were leaving out the door realization hit me and I remember I hadn’t driven here. I would need a ride from someone. My first option of course was Jonathan but after a quick glance at the parking lot that wouldn’t be happening for he hadn’t driven either.

I let out a quick puff of air as I turned o face the 3 people who were dawdling behind me. I didn’t want to ride with Caleb. I know exactly how that would end up and I’m not sure I could handle much more of that all in one day.

“What’s wrong?” Jonathan asked more then likely seeing my discomfort.

“Hum, nothing” I cleared my throat. “Kyle, can I have a ride?”

“Sure! Come on and get in the car, Caleb is taking Jonathan back.” Kyle and I walked away from the group after bidding our goodbyes and giving everyone a large hug. I always linger a bit when I go to hug Jonathan, he gives the best hugs.

I sat in Kyle’s car quickly buckling my seat belt and settling myself in for the awkwardness that was about to come. I was pretty well at putting myself in embarrassing situations and with Kyle it’s weird because he is a friend that I don’t know very well. We hang out all the time but never really alone. We’ve made small talk but never go into major details and don't know that much about each other.

Out of all the years I’ve known him I can still count on my fingers the number of times we’ve been alone together.

The silence fell immediately and I was already starting to fidget in my seat. After about then minutes of the thirty minutes it took to get to my house I could feel Kyle’s eyes on me and I looked over to him only to have him look away quickly. As the fighting increased I could feel a knot forming in my stomach.

Then a hand reached over and grabbed mine. The person, which of course was Kyle, intertwined our fingers.

“Please quit fidgeting, it’s making me nervous, and I’m about to get in a wreck.”

“Sorry,” I told him as we continued our journey back to our houses. I was hyper aware of his hand still holding mine and the surprising calmness it made me feel.

-------------------------------

The only other conversation was Kyle asking me where to turn and which house was mine. When we pulled up to my house Kyle cut off the engine causing me to Raise one eyebrow and look at the driver’s seat that was presently vacant. Before I could open my mouth to say what the hell my door was pulled open and Kyle was helping me out of the cab of his car.

Kyle grabbed my hand causing my confusion to deepen and led the way up my long drive way to my house.

Stopping in front of my door Kyle quickly grabbed my other hand in his as I went to look for my door key. Both my hands clasped firmly in his I looked up at him.

We both began to say something at the same time causing an awkward clause

“Sorry, go ahead.”

Instead of continuing on Kyle started leaning towards me. I though in my head quickly what I should do, he seemed to be leaning in for a kiss but instead of closing my eyes and mirroring his ways of leaning in my eyes stayed wide; Why would this be happening?

Before I could make a complete fool of myself his words quickly cleared up the conversation.

“The clasp of your necklace is in the front.” He said straightening out my necklace as it should be worn.

“Oh, okay, thank you.” I said mildly deflated as I went back to looking for my keys. As I found them, Kyle lightly chuckled.

“I need to be off”

“Okay thank you for the ride.”

“Anytime” he said as he leaned in to kiss my cheek on the very corner of my mouth.

He started to retreat and I dashed into my house closing the door and leaning against it sighing largely while internally swooning.

I pulled out my phone and opened a new text.

“Eff My Life” was sent to my twitter quickly before I ran up the stairs to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took a while. i repel technology