Lost in Memories

A Car Crash

Gerard's POV:

I stayed in my mom's hug for a long time all in tears saying:
"Don't go!"

and not letting her go, pulling her hand back and screaming. She only looked at me sadly saying:
"I will be back."

These words made me sink down to floor and cry even harder. I knew it will be the longest month of being alone. I would do anything just to not see her leaving and waving good-bye. It was 8pm and I knew my favourite show was on the TV but I just couldn't move, sitting on the kitchen floor. A big puddle of my tears was covering the rug and I realized I stayed alone, waiting for my brother.

He was at his friend's house like always, and he was the only one I could hug and talk with. But he was no longer spending time with me. I was all in hope that Mikey will come home soon to hug him. The phone ringed once, twice but I couldn't move. Later my cell phone ringed once, twice and I answered, but my voice was shaking and I heard my brother's voice on the other side. He was saying somethng but didn't understand him well. But when I heard him talking about how he will sleep at Bob's, I just hung up and dashed the phone and nailed it to the corner of the room. I went out and parked behind our house, starring at half moon and praying. After long minutes I fell asleep under the tree.

Mikey's POV:

Gerard is my older brother but sometimes I feel like I have to take care of him cuz he was so upset all the time with no reason. When I called him in the evening and letting him know of me sleeping at Bob's he just hung up. Yea, I know he is so depressed cuz of mother and I know I made a big mistake that I left him alone home this evening in this shape.

In the morning I visited him just to say hello but I didn't find him in the house. I was worried where did he go cuz I know he doesn't have any friends to hang out with. And I'm afraid he is depressed. I opened the fridge just to get some fresh water and I noticed vodka on the rug half empty and a glass broken. I figured that this is the start and that I have to help him before it's too late. I found his cell phone broken in the corner and when I saw him lying outside from the balcony I thought he jumped off it and killed himself. I shouted and ran to him but he just woke up and hugged me. I asked him what happened and he answered that he just fell asleep outside during sitting and watching the moon. I warned him about drinking and he was sorrry.

In the evening I talked to him and he was in better mood we played video games but someone knocked on our door. I opened and there were two police officers wanting me to talk. I was never emotional like Gerard but they told me that mum had a car crash and she is in coma. No matter what I started to cry and they said that they really needed to tell me. I was still in hope that she will survive but I was worried about Gerard. I signed papers of knowing she's in the hospital. I decided that I won't tell Gerard cuz he will be more than depressed. We continued with our job.

Gerard's POV:

Mikey cheered me up. I will just skip that vodka yesterday. We were playing games and stuff and it was fun. I got a calendar and I was marking and counting days to mum's arrival.

Mikey promised me that he will be with me for the whole month. Well this morning I didn't sleep well and I woke Mikey up. We went to shop and Bob stopped me and said his sorry and then Mikey pulled him away and insulted him. I asked him what was that and he wanted me to forget. Whatever.

Mikey's POV:

Bob screwed up today. But okay, let's forget this. I told everybody to not telling anything about this. I was so shocked when I saw Gerard's calendar. He was counting days to mum's arrival, he wants saturday, the day of mum's comeback. He's waiting for something that he will never meet. And know what that means. It's awful I know.

Right after my thinking tears just blowed down my face, I sank down to floor and realized I was in the same position as Gerard. A half of vodka next to me and another puddle of tears. Gerard heard me crying so he joined me and I told him about mum. He cried even harder and he started smashing around. TV, closets, tables, everything.

I said:"Stop!"
He said:" I can't!"
And we were both scraming and Gerard cut the calendar and said:" God don't let that happen, don't let my mummy die!" I actually didn't know in what kind of living mood was mum but I knew it's not good. I drank the rest of vodka and we both fell asleep.