Status: Complete.

This Truth In Cliche

Let The Flames Begin

Cookie dough or chocolate ice cream. My life used to be as simple as that. As I stood in front of the freezer section I thought about my life, well more of my love life. My current boyfriend, Blake Dawson, has been so sweet but he tends to only love me when it’s convenient for him. Will I ever find any love; all I’ve ever known was pain and heartbreak. I haven’t been able to keep a boyfriend for more than two weeks for the past year and a half and Blake is becoming an exception.

“Excuse me.” The woman next to me said.

“Sorry.” I apologized as I stepped aside to let her get some ice cream. Once she left I decided on the cookie dough and ran into someone on my way to my cart. “Sorry.” I said quickly and stepped around them.

“Charlotte? Is that you?” The person that I ran into said.

I turned around slowly and came face to face with my ex boyfriend, Ronnie Radke. Ronnie and I started dating one year five months three weeks and two days before he was convicted of battery. Sure we had something and I hated to see him go but I couldn’t wait for him whether I loved him or not. I had a life and I didn’t want to spend eighteen to twenty-eight months alone crying any time I thought about him and I know it’s selfish but at the time I had a choice, Ronnie leaving just made it easier. So I told him that when he was released to not look for me and that I couldn’t see him anymore. Then I walked away not even turning around to glance at him one more time. I still regret doing that to this day.

“Ronnie?” I said as took one step back.

“Oh Charlotte, I’ve missed you so much.”

He took a step forward as I said, “I thought I told you not to look for me.”

“I didn’t.” He said easily and reached out to the locket around my neck. “Looks like you haven’t completely forgotten about me.”

I stepped away from his outstretched hand and under my breath said, “How could I?” I reached up to twist the chain to the locket Ronnie had given me on our one year dating anniversary then I let my hand drop to my side. That locket meant the world to me and it was the only thing I had left of Ronnie to remember him by. I sighed and said, “Ronnie, I have a boyfriend.” He didn’t look hurt or surprised, but then again how did I want him to react? Jealous and begging me to come back? No he’s stronger than that or is it possible he’s not? That could be why he is here, begging me to crawl back to him just so he could fuck with my feelings and leave me broken hearted in the end.

“Well that’s great. I’m sure he’s a wonderful guy.” He said sincerely.

“Yeah he’s wonderful alright.” I almost said sarcastically but decided against it because I didn’t want questions to start about why I said it that way. My relationship was personal and I have right of keeping it that way. “Ronnie I was serious about not wanting to see you and I mean it. Please next time you see me don’t even bother talking to me.” I sighed heavily and glanced at my watch. “Ugh, Blake is probably wandering where I am. Bye Ronnie.” I lied, truth is he probably didn’t even care and I walked away from him for the second time but this time I didn’t think twice. I knew better.

“Blake, I’m back!” I shouted as I navigated my way to the kitchen. I started to put groceries away but got distracted when the T.V. started playing Pay-Per-View. “Blake! What did I tell you about watching that in my house!” I said as I marched up to him and grabbed the remote. I absolutely hate it when anyone in my house doesn’t respect my rules. I mean come on how hard is it to follow a few rules.

“Aww come on baby.”

“Blake! Ugh. And what have I told you about all of your stuff you leave lying around. Really Blake who has shirts in their hallway? Or—what are your shoes doing on my couch!?” I ranted as I went around picking up all his stuff and dumping it on him. “Blake I have had it up to here with you. Either clean up your act or get out.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lame first chapter, it'll get better.
comment it.
subscribe.
Title credit: Paramore