Status: Complete.

This Truth In Cliche

Run To You

I got home feeling like I did extremely well on my test and opened my front door to find Ronnie sitting on my counter reading a sheet of paper intently.

“Ronnie? What are you still doing here?” I asked as I put my purse down on the counter next to him.

“Oh I was just finishing up on making this and look,” He said as he opened the refrigerator and pulled out two Chinese take out boxes, “I got your favorite—Charlotte, you’re still wearing the necklace I gave you.” He said like it was the most exciting news ever.

“Uh, yeah.” I said and my hand instantly went up to twist the chain. “I wear it a lot. It’s like a good luck charm to me.” I muttered and dropped my hand to my side.

Ronnie’s whole face lit up like a kid in a candy store. “I’m glad you like it.” He said as he handed me a Chinese take out.

We watched a movie and ate our food but when I got up to go to my room Ronnie stopped me and told me to stay. He came back a couple minutes later with my all time favorite dessert, strawberry cheese cake.

“Oh Ronnie you didn’t have to do all this for me.”

“But I did.”

When I finished I went to my room to change and Ronnie cleaned up to go home. I stood in front of the mirror and assessed myself. My blonde hair was somewhat straight, my makeup looked alright, but my outfit looked perfect. My three inch black pumps had a chrome like bottom, my skintight strapless dress was black and white, and my necklace was beautiful. I took one last glance in the mirror then reached for the zipper on the back of the dress. I gave it a tug then a second and a third but it wasn’t budging.

“Ronnie? Ronnie! You still out there?” I yelled out the doorway.

“Yeah. Why?”

“I need help. Can you come here?”

He walked in and asked me what I needed so I told him what happened and asked him if he could help me. He pulled on the zipper a couple of times then zipped it up and yanked the zipper down hard. I heard a few loose strands pop and my dress fell to my ankles. Ronnie just stared at the floor trying not to look at me.

“Thanks.”

“No problem.” He mumbled toward the ground.

“Ronnie, look at me.” He continued to stare at the floor like he’d never heard me. “Ronnie.” I said a little louder this time. He still wouldn’t look at me so I closed the gap between us and hooked a finger under his chin to bring his face equal to mine. “What’s wrong?”

“I am.” He said as he backed away from my hand. “I’m so sorry I did that to you. I’m sorry.”

I glanced at my back and saw the pinkish scar raised and stretched across my left side. It was the night before the fight that got Ronnie jail time and he decided to take me clubbing. We drove home wasted. “And how many more times am I going to have to say its okay it was just an accident.”

“I shouldn’t have been driving. I’m sorry.” He said softly.

“Oh Ronnie, please, just stop.” I said as I stepped forward to hug him and kiss his jaw. “I’d never blame you. No matter what.” We hit a car head on causing our car to spin.

He relaxed a bit then stepped away from my embrace, turning to leave. A shear pain ripped through my left side. I watched him walk through my bedroom door and heard him walk across my living room. Before I lost consciousness Ronnie told me he love me. Then it’s like something clicked in me, I couldn’t let him leave. The doctors told me I had been in a coma and will have forgotten things; one was what had really happened with Ronnie. So I bolted for the front door and slammed the few inches he’d opened the door shut, planting myself in front of him. My eyes were threatening to spill tears. I’m not totally sure why but they were.

“Ronnie, I love you too.” I choked out. My body let out a small shiver and the tears fell. I began shaking and doubled over crying.

Ronnie covered me with his jacket and knelt down beside me. I buried me face in his chest, I instantly felt calmer and the tears stopped. I took a shuddered breath and took in his sent. “I’ve always loved you and I still do.” He smiled then kissed me, just his mouth on mine and before he pulled away I felt his tongue graze my lower lip.

“I know.” I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End
Well tell me what you think about it and maybe go read She Likes. (:
Title Credit: The Rocket Summer