Status: Complete.

This Truth In Cliche

Now You’re Gone

When I got inside Blake was watching TV. “Hey. What are you watching?” I asked as I set my purse down.

“Oh, just MTV. So how was your night with Max?”

“Good.”

“Oh really. Well mind telling me why you go with him to a club and don’t even ask me.” He said as he turned off the TV and turned to face me.

“Well I figured you hang out with your friends so why can’t I.”

“That’s it, I can’t take this. It’s so clear he loves you and you spend more time with him than you do with me. Well it was nice knowing you and by the way you’re extremely anal about all those rules.” He said as he got up to leave. He flipped open his phone and said, “Hey Babe.”

I slammed the door in his face and slumped to the floor crying. I didn’t think he’d actually leave and on top of that he was cheating on me. I got up and changed into something more comfortable I could sulk in. Then I grabbed a carton of cookie dough ice cream and sat down to watch I Love Lucy series re-runs. I got a good ways through multiple episodes before I decided to call Ronnie. I don’t know why maybe just a past habit that I can’t seem to shake. The phone rang one…two…three times before someone picked up. No one said anything but I heard breathing ensuring that someone was there.

“Ronnie? I know what I said and I didn’t mean it but please can you come over. I—I need someone to talk to.” I managed to choke out.

“Okay. I’ll be there in a few.” He said and hung up.

I hugged my knees and started bawling. Within minutes I felt Ronnie’s arms wrap around me and his voice filling my ears reassuring that everything will be okay. I couldn’t help but think back to the time when we were going out,I wouldn’t mind going out again, and times like this didn’t happen often but when they did Ronnie was always there for me telling me everything was going to be okay.

“Ronnie. He left me and he cheated on me.”

“Well he didn’t deserve you. Any guy that does that is a self conceded jerk.”

“Thanks Ronnie.” I said as I took a shuddered breath.

“But it’s the truth.” He said squeezing me and kissing the top of my head.

“So you don’t hate me?”

He smiled and said, “No, I never could. I hated myself for doing what I did to you.”

We sat in silence with the T.V. muted and just enjoying the company of each other. I smiled because this is the first time in months that I’ve actually and truly felt happy. I guess our friendship is inevitable but I will not let this go any further than that, that would just be weird. My head was rested on Ronnie’s chest and as I listened to the steady beat of his heart I found myself slowly drifting to sleep.

I bolted up and glanced at the clock fearing I’d be late for my last day of college but luckily I still had an hour and a half before I had to leave. So I walked into the kitchen and found Ronnie almost already done making breakfast. He split the breakfast onto two plates and poured two glasses of orange juice, placing them on the table.

“Morning sleepy head, I made breakfast.”

“Ronnie, you didn’t have to. I could’ve.” I said yawning.

“But you’ve been through so much. It’s the least I could do.”

“Thanks Ronnie.” I said and hugged him. “Oh, I’ve got my last day of classes today, it’s just testing but still don’t wait up for me.”

He smiled at me and said, “Don’t worry.”

We ate our breakfast then I went to my room to change. I pulled on a tight strapless dress and my favorite pumps. I straightened my hair, applied my makeup and grabbed my purse. I looked like I was ready for a huge job interview but this test meant everything to me, it was what my future was riding on and after I did a quick once over making sure everything was perfect I left to go to class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I updated.
Blake finally left and Ronnie is now her friend again.
What do you think of this??

About to post the frist chapter of FTSK sometime this week.
So watch for that one.

Oh and thanks Caty Crisis for commenting. (:
Title Credit: Basshunter