Hum Hallelujah

Words

If my parents could only see me now. I come from such a Jewish family, but here I am inside a Catholic confessional booth, waiting for the bishop. Hey, everyone needs a little advice and forgiveness sometimes, right? As I sit here, someone goes into the booth across mine.
Before I can start explaining my situation, the voice from the other room starts her "forgive me father" spiel. The voice catches my attention, but I can't quite place the figure without her face. She goes on:
"I'm not exactly Catholic; in fact I haven’t set foot in a church in… a while. But I need some guidance, even though you aren't who I would usually turn to. I just don’t know what else I should do. Pathetic, isn’t it? Oh, I’m rambling again! To the point, then. See, there's this guy where I work. We haven' known each other for very long, but every time I see him I get this feeling... a kind of queasy feeling, but in a good way. Anyway, he asked me out a few days ago, and I couldn't say anything. I just completely froze up. I had no idea he actually liked me back. He took my silence as a rejection and the next day everyone at work had somehow found out all about it. The jerks wouldn't stop teasing us both, but he took it so badly... And it's entirely my fault."
During the story, I had realized who the woman was. Too bad she had no clue I wasn't who she thought I was. I could have fun with this. "Go to this boy. Perhaps an explanation from both of you to each other can solve this problem.” I said in my best impression of a Mr. Holy-ness.
"How will I find him? I've got almost no idea about his life outside of work." She doubted me.
"I have a feeling he's closer to you than you think. Seek and ye shall find, you know. Go in Peace, my child." I almost cracked up saying that last bit, but held my composure as much as I could. I heard her leave her booth soon after this and almost immediately I stepped out of mine. What a priceless face when she saw who she had just confessed to!
"Jobe?" I smiled and nodded.
"So you heard all of that...about you?" Again I nodded.
"You jerk! I just spilled my heart out in a confessional and you impersonate a fucking Catholic priest to tell me to ask you out!"
"I never told you to ask me out, just to overcome our little… misunderstanding." I had caught her slip. She couldn’t avoid what she had already told me.
"Oh, shut your face, Mr. Smarty-Pants! I'm still mad at you for, for... for...."
"For?" I said, closing the distance between us slowly.
"For not having the courage to kiss me before." and she closed the gap between us.
As we walked out of the church together a short time later, I couldn't help getting the last word.
"So you really can talk!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Hailey turned into Gimpy the Limpy Jew! She's got gross neon splatter around her knee :/