Memory Lane

Their Memory Lane

Love is impossible to figure out. It comes from the most unpredictable places. It wasn’t hard to figure out these two were in love. In fact, it was pretty damn obvious. They were just oblivious to knowing it. Let’s just say they the two most stubbornness people who ever lived. That’s probably what made them so perfect for each other.

”I’m turning seven, I’m turning seven,” Haley Morin, a six year old about to turn seven, sang loudly as she danced around in her lavender colored room. Her blonde, tight curls bounced behind her and her chocolate brown eyes glistened with happiness.

“Honey,” Haley’s mom’s voice echoed from downstairs. “Time to go to bed, I don’t want you to be tired for tomorrow.”

“Okay Mommy!” yelled Haley, in delight. She was ecstatic about her birthday party tomorrow and she couldn’t wait until then. She immediately jumped into her bed, which was covered in stuffed animals, and pulled the covers tightly around her small body. Her mother came in just seconds later with a smile tugging at her lips.

“You’re ready, already?” her mother asked her. She walked towards her ‘sleeping’ daughter and sat on the side of her bed. She gently started rubbing her back, soothingly. Haley immediately dozed off in a peaceful sleep, thinking about the events that would occur the next day.

Today, August 28, 2005, was Haley Morin’s seventh birthday. She was clad in a baby blue dress with a single white bow tied around her waist. Her mother came into her room and a small smile graced her lips. She let out a low chuckle as she saw her daughter being silly.

Let’s do your hair, Haley,” her mother said, bringing Haley to her dresser. Haley was squirming around and giggling all over the place. She was ecstatic and wanted to go downstairs already. “Hold on, I’m almost done.” Haley’s mom grabbed half of her hair and put it in a clip while the bottom half was left loose. After Haley knew her mother was done, she scurried downstairs and through the backdoors to find that it was already crowded.

A large smile formed on the newly, seven year olds’ face. “Happy Birthday, Haley!” A chorus of laughter soon followed after that as everyone had yelled out the same thing. Haley giggled and covered her face with her two small hands. She was a shy girl in front of people no matter what the occasion was but she still loved having people over too.

“Haley,” her mother said, coming up from behind her. “I want you to meet my old friend from college.” She grabbed Haley’s shoulders and guided her along the crowd of people here for her birthday. Her mother put more pressure on her shoulders making her stop. “Miranda, here is the birthday girl.”

A lady with jet black hair but into a bob turned around and smiled. She had dark brown eyes that gleamed in the sunlight. “Oh, she’s gorgeous!” Miranda gushed. She crouched down to my level and gave me a bone crushing hug. “I haven’t seen you since you were in your mother’s stomach.” Haley blushed, feeling a bit awkward that she didn’t know the lady in front of her when she knew Haley.

“I can’t believe she’s already seven,” Haley’s mother sighed.

“My boy just turned eight,” Miranda told Haley’s mom. “Time flies when you’re just a kid. I miss those days.”

“Oh, where is little Max?” My mom asked Miranda. Haley looked between the two of them and noticed that they were going to be talking for a very long time. Haley quietly walked, backwards hoping that they wouldn’t notice her departure. She kept walking backwards until she felt herself bump into someone.

Haley gasped and turned around, expecting it to be an adult but surprised when it was a boy about her age, maybe a bit older. “I am so sorry!” Haley exclaimed as she saw the big red stain on the front of his white shirt.

“It’s okay. I never really liked this shirt anyway,” he said trying to rub the juice stain away with his hands. “My mom bought it for me.”

“I should help you,” Haley said. “Let’s get you a clean shirt.” She grabbed his small hand in her petite one and they ran into her house. They climbed the stairs and entered Haley’s room. “Sit here while I get some soap and water,” she said motioning him to sit on her made bed. He nodded his head and sat on her bed. Haley ran out of her room, across the hall into the bathroom and grabbed a bar a soap and a plastic container of water. She made it back into her room to see the boy looking around.

“I got the stuff,” she said, making him look at her. He got off her bed and sat on the floor. Haley grabbed a small towel that was on her dresser and sat across from the boy on the floor. “I’m Haley, by the way.” She stuck her hand out so he could shake it.

“I’m Max,” he replied, grabbing her hand and shaking it.

“Oh, you’re my mommy’s friend’s son then!” Haley exclaimed. “They are best friends you know.”

He let go of her hand and smiled wide. “That’s so cool! Maybe we could be best friends too.”

This time Haley was the one who had a big smile. “I’ve never had a best friend before. You’d be my first one,” Haley shyly admitted. Max laughed and Haley giggled. “Let’s try and clean you up.” Haley had no idea what she was doing. She grabbed the towel and dumped it into the container of water. She squeezed out some of the water and rubbed the bar of soap on it. After that, she reached forward and started rubbing the soapy towel all over his shirt. She scrubbed hard but it still would come off.

“Maybe you should dry it?” Max suggested. Haley nodded her head and left her room again. She went into her mother’s room and went into the connecting bathroom. She looked through the cabinets until she found what she was looking for.

She entered her room and plugged in the hair dryer to her wall. She signaled for him to come since the hair dryer wouldn’t reach. He walked to her and stood in front of her. Haley turned the hair dryer and put it in front of Max’s wet shirt. It took a couple of minutes for it to dry and it was, the red stain was still there. Haley groaned in frustration as she turned off the hair dryer and jumped on her bed.

Max also jumped on her bed and landed next to her. “Do you have another shirt?” he asked. Haley looked deep in thought and then nodded her head.

“My cousins sometimes sleepover and they leave some of their clothes in my room.” Haley got up from her bed and made her way towards her dresser. She opened up her bottom drawer and took out a white and blue striped pollo shirt. She closed the drawer and handed it to him. Max grabbed the clean shirt and took off his dirty one. Haley cheeks slightly turned into a pinkish color but it was gone before Max could see it. He pulled on the stain free shirt and looked at her.

“What do you think?” Max asked, turning around. Haley clapped and finally looked at his features. Max had brown hair that fell short at his ears with a slight wave. He had ocean blue eyes but at the edge of his iris there was a hint of yellow. He was a little tall for an eight year old. Maybe 4 inches taller than Haley herself.

“You should be a model,” Haley giggled. Max looked at her with curiosity in his eyes but then shrugged his shoulders. Haley kept laughing which made Max start to laugh. Pretty soon, both of them were laying on the floor, next to each other, laughing their heads off for no apparent reason.

It was a while later when Haley’s mother found them. She opened the door to see Haley and Max sitting on her bed talking enthusiastically. A smile played on her mother’s lips as she had a knowing look in her eyes. She closed the door to her daughter’s room and left them there to talk for a while longer.


“Honey, what are you doing?” an elderly woman, about 70 years old, asked her husband. She had just entered the living room where she saw her husband deep in thought looking at some sort of book. “Honey?” she questioned when he didn’t reply the first time.

“I was just looking at our old scrap book,” was his reply. His voice sounded deep in thought a not in reality at all. He let out a long sigh as he looked at all the pictures lined up decoratively on the page he was staring at.

“Let’s go, Haley,” Max said, frustrated at Haley. “We’re going to be late for the movie.” He grabbed his best friend’s hand and dragged her down the stairs of her house.

“Hey!” Haley shouted. “I wasn’t finished getting ready.” She pouted and crossed her arms looking away. Max rolled his eyes and let go of her hand.

“You’re only eleven years old,” Max said. “You’re too young to take that long getting ready.”

“How would you know?” Haley asked looking at him with her right eyebrow raised. “Are you suddenly a girl now?”

Max scoffed and looked at Haley. “You look pretty Haley. You don’t need to make yourself look pretty,” he genuinely said with a smile. Haley felt herself blush as she nodded.

“Let’s go kids,” Miranda’s voice said. It sound as if it came from the outside. They turned to the front door to see Max’s mom step through it. “Ashley is in the car waiting, we don’t want to be late for the movie.” Miranda ushered the kids out the door and closed it. Max, Haley, and Miranda walked to the car to see that Ashley, Haley’s mom, was in the driver’s seat.

“Are you kids ready?” Ashley said excitedly. Both Max and Haley rolled their eyes and looked at each other. They knew that their mother’s were more excited than they were at this point. They put their seat belts on and sat back, listening to their mom’s talk in the front.

They got to the movie theater and bought tickets to go see
The Innocent. Today, June 26, 2010, was Max’s thirteenth birthday and he insisted that they should see that movie. Max and Haley ran into the movie theater, with their ticket in hand, and made their way to the concessions. Ashley and Miranda followed them and bought them each a soda, small bag of popcorn and a box of candy. Max and Haley both left the concession stand satisfied and walked towards the theater number nine. They each showed the man their ticket and went through the black double doors.

Max and Haley looked in awe at the dark movie theater with the gigantic screen facing them. It was getting crowded very fast so they rushed to get the one of the seats in the middle of the theater. Max sat down and practically jumped in his seat. Haley sat next to him and giggled.

As soon as they all sat down, the theater became dark. The screen faded in to show the opening sequence. Haley knew it was going to be a long movie but the look on Max’s face was worth it.

Everyone filed out of the movie theater as soon as it was over, stretching and smiling. Max came out jumping up and down while Haley was laughing.

“Max,” Haley said. “I gotta go pee,” she mumbled as she crossed her legs, jumping up and down.

Max laughed this time and grabbed her hand. “Let’s go,” he said dragging her to the bathroom. He pushed her through the door making her stumble in the process. After Haley was finished doing her business she washed her hands and looked in the mirror. A slow smile crept to her lips as she thought about what she was going to get Max for his birthday. She dried off her hands and came out of the bathroom to see Max leaning against the wall next to the door. He turned to her and smiled.

Ashley and Miranda were already at the car waiting for them. Haley took a deep breath and smiled at him. She walked towards him timidly, her heart racing. She smiled again but it was a shaky smile. Max looked at her with concern in his eyes as she was now in front of him. Before Max could say ask her anything, Haley put a hand on his neck and leaned in. Max looked taken aback but let out a small grin. He leaned down, coming to her height, and captured her lips in his.

It was a sweet peck on the lips that lasted for a couple of seconds. When they pulled apart Haley looked up at him and beamed. “Happy Birthday, Maxie.”

“Come on,” Max smiled, hugging her and then grabbing her hand. “Our moms’ will start worrying about us.” He started running, making Haley run with him.

That day, Haley and Max found out they liked each other. That day, they found out they loved each other even. That day, they found out that they were the two most stubbornness people, ever.


The elderly man was awakened from his thoughts when he felt a shift in the couch. His still bright blue eyes stared at his spouse who was now looking at the book in his hands.

“Ah, I remember that day,” the woman said, pointing to a photograph of the two of them at the movie theater. “We had our first kiss there.” She looked at him and blushed, feeling her cheeks go red. Even after all these years, she could still blush because of him, the man sitting next her.

”Haley, admit it,” complained Heather, Hailey’s best girl friend. “You like him!”

A fifteen year old Haley groaned in frustration. She kept telling her friend that she had no feelings for Max, what so ever. “I do not like him!”

“Yes, you do,” Heather pointed out, making it seem like the most obvious thing in the world. “Why are you so stubborn?”

“One, I am not stubborn,” Haley said lifting a finger up. “Two, I. Do. Not. Like. Him.” Haley punctuated every word.

“Sure, you don’t” Heather said in a sing song voice. Haley groaned again and fell back on her bed. “Why do you say you don’t like him?”

“It’s because it’s the truth.” Her voice was muffled as she put a pillow over her face. Heather yanked the pillow out of her grasp and stared intently at her. “I don’t like him!” Haley exploded, making Heather jump back, off her bed.

“Damn, girl!” Heather exclaimed. “Don’t give me a heart attack now.” She put a hand over her heart to make it seem dramatic. Haley rolled her eyes and pressed another pillow to her face.

“Max,” Jacob said warningly. He gave Max a look and which resulted into him sighing.

“What do you want me to say, Jacob?” Max exasperatedly said, throwing his hands in the air. “I don’t like her, not even a little.”

“Dude, you’ve known her for nine years. Are you sure you’re not in love with her?” Jacob asked his friend.

“That’s exactly why I don’t like her.” Max put his hand in his hair.

Jacob smacked his forehead with his hand and made a small noise. “That’s the stupidest reason I’ve ever heard. Admit it.”

“There is nothing to admit. I don’t like her, end of story.” Max crossed his arms and looked at his bed.

Today was one of those days where Max and Haley didn’t hang out together. It was a blue moon when ever people saw them not together. They had decided that they should hang out with different people since they were so dependent of each other. Actually, their mother’s made them. It wasn’t their choice but the reluctantly agreed.

Now, here they were in different houses, being interrogated by their best friends, telling them to admit their feelings for each other. It wasn’t a fun time. In fact, it was far from fun. Max and Haley just wanted to spend time together like how they used to.

“Haley likes you though,” Jacob cried out in exasperation. Honestly, he was lying. But he knew they liked each other thanks to Heather.

Max’s face brightened up instantly as he sat straight up. “Really, you really think so?” He said trying to hold back a smile.

Jacob nodded his head. “Heather told me that Haley told her that she liked you.”

Max jumped up on his bed. “She likes me?” he asked in disbelief. “What the hell am I still doing here then?” With that, Max ran out of his room and out the front door. Jacob sat on Max’s bed, shaking his head with a smirk on his face.

“Please Haley,” Heather complained for about the billionth time that night. “Admit it and I swear I won’t talk about it ever again.”

Haley exhaled noisily and put head in between her hands. “I don’t like him, so you stop talking about it,” Haley said in a strained voice. Heather sighed and sat near the window sill. She looked out the window to see Max running up the steps. Haley gazed at him, looking at his beaming face. She must’ve known that Jacob told him already. At the rate they were going, they would probably admit to liking each other at the end of the century.

Both Haley and Heather heard her bedroom door open and looked up to see Max, breathing heavily, the smile still on his face.

Haley stood up and walked towards Max. “Max, are you okay?” She put a hand on his forehead, making sure he was feeling okay. He shook his and wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her tightly. Haley hesitantly wrapped her arms around his neck, looking quite confused. “Max?” she asked, unsurely.

Max let go of her and looked deep into her chocolate brown eyes. “I love you.” That was all he said which made Haley’s eyes grow wide. Before Haley got to say anything, Max slowly leaned in and his lips were now on hers. Haley had different emotions running through. But that one that stood out was love. She felt loved and loved him. Haley closed her eyes and kissed him back. Their lips moved simultaneously as Max pulled Haley closer to him. Haley ran her hands through his hair feeling the softness of it. Haley felt his tongue run along her bottom and lower lip. Her knees went weak as his tongue entered her mouth. It was a battle of dominance between them as their tongues battled with each other. Haley pulled away and looked into his eyes, her own eyes shining with happiness.

Max leaned his forehead against hers and showed his teeth, smiling. “Will you be my girlfriend?” Max asked, whispering against her lips.

Haley nodded her head. “Yeah,” she whispered. Max leaned in and gave her a soft kiss on her lips again. He hugged her tightly, spinning her around. She let out a low giggle as she heard Heather squeal in delight. Max looked at Haley making her blush. On this day, July 21, 2014, Max and Haley knew they loved each other.


“That was one of the best days of my life,” the elderly woman said, leaning her head against her husband’s shoulder. He nodded in response, still captivated by the scrap book filled with their memories. He turned the page to see more photographs filled with happiness in each of their faces.

“I miss the past,” the man sighed. He looked at his wife and stared into her chocolate brown eyes.

She nodded her head in agreement and also sighed. “It was fun, back then I mean.”

”Haley, I love you so much,” a nineteen year old Max said, caressing his girlfriend’s upper arm. He looked at her face to see her eyes start to slightly close. Haley wasn’t tired at all, she was just hypnotized by his touch and stare. She was thinking. She was thinking long and hard. She was thinking if it was right. It was hard, since they were currently under the covers of his bed.

“Max, I, I think I’m ready,” she said, not looking up at him. He stopped his actions and pulled her chin to look up at him. She complied and stared into his eyes. They were filled with happiness, lust but also love. Especially love. He leaned in and captured her lips in a heated kiss. Their tongues battled for dominance as the wrapped their arms around each other. They sat up and Max stroked Haley’s sides, earning a moan from the blonde haired beauty. Haley ran her hands from his neck to under his shirt. She started rubbing his stomach making him moan this time. She smiled into the kiss as Max started playing with the hem of her shirt.

“Take it off,” Haley whispered, breaking the kiss. Max nodded and started kissing her neck. She lifted her head to the side allowing him more access to it. He ravished her neck in small love bites increasing her moans. He lifted up her shirt and took it off and threw it somewhere, with the help from her. Haley pulled back and covered her breast. She felt nervous, heck, she was extremely nervous. This was their first time, together.

“Don’t,” Max breathed out. He grabbed her hands and she slowly uncovered herself. He kissed her neck and down the valley of her breast. She moaned in anticipation arching her back. She became a bit confident, but not so much. Haley let out a shaky breath as she felt his hand go to the back of her bra. Max played with the straps, kissing her stomach and chest, before unclasping her bra. Haley let out a low gasp as she felt him pull her down her straps. Ever so slowly, Max kissed her bare arms to her now naked breast. He took the bra off and threw it like he did with her shirt. He slowly laid her on the bed with him on top of her.

“You are beautiful,” Max whispered bringing his lips back to hers. He guided his hands from her hips up to her breast and started kneading them. Her moans became louder and frequent making Max turned on. Haley felt an unfamiliar wetness in her underwear and shivered.

That night, on November 21, 2016, clothes were shed. On November 21, 2016, Haley and Max lost their virginity to each other. On November 21, 2016, Haley and Max became one. On November 21, 2016, they knew that they were going to love each other for a very long time.


“That was the day your parents left the state to visit a sick relative,” the elderly man’s gruff voice said. The woman slightly nodded and looped her arm around his.

“You remembered,” the woman sighed in happiness. “I stayed with you for Thanksgiving.” She started playing with a loose string from her husband’s flannel shirt.

“I’ll never forget that day,” the husband stated. “The most remembered and best day of my life.”

The woman sat up straight. “What about our wedding day?” She asked, putting her hands on her hips and giving him a look.

He cleared his throat and lovingly kissed his wife’s cheek. “Okay,” he murmured. “The second best day of my life then.” She smiled a little and pecked his lips.

“Heather,” Haley whispered. Heather turned around to face her best friend. “I’m so nervous. I don’t think I could go through with this.”

Heather walked up to Haley and grabbed her shoulders. “Do you love him?”

Haley looked at her incredulously. “What kind of question is that? Of course I love him.”

“Then I see no point in backing out,” she said, letting go of Haley and shrugging her own shoulders. “You two were meant to be together.” Haley slightly blushed and looked down at the white dress that was currently on her. Her wedding dress to be exact. The dress looked more like a ball gown than anything. The white dress was strapless and had a small v-shape going down. It had a tight torso with an intricate design of silver flowers wrapping around one another. The bottom of the dress had the same design only going around the whole thing. She had a white rose bouquet in one hand while the other nervously patted down any loose strands of hair. She was careful not to touch the quaint tiara on her head as she also tried not to ruin her hair do. Half of her hair was up in a tight bun while the other half was down in loose curls. She swept her bangs to the left side of face which framed it perfectly.

“Are you ready?” Heather asked, looking at herself in the mirror. That girl always tried to look good, but she was already gorgeous. Haley also looked into the mirror and let out a shaky breath.

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” Haley replied, walking to the door. She put the veil over face and placed a hand on the cold doorknob.

“You know you have to turn the doorknob for it to open,” Heather said sarcastically. She followed Haley and put her own hand on the doorknob opening it. Haley gulped and stepped out of the room they were currently in. They walked the few steps it took to get from that room to the grand hall where the wedding was to be taken place. Haley immediately heard a slow song play on the piano. The two double doors, leading to the altar, opened and Heather walked in. The doors closed leaving Haley alone.

Everything came all of a sudden. She remembered the day they met. It was just like yesterday when she started feeling those butterflies in her stomach. Even though she was only seven, Haley was very smart for her age. She didn’t know how but she knew they would end up together. They just had to get past the stage of thinking that they didn’t like each other. Without Jacob and Heather interfering, Max and Haley probably would never end up together. Well, probably, but at least it happened sooner. Haley was happy. She was extremely happy and overjoyed. She knew in her heart that this wasn’t going to be a mistake. Haley loved Max and he loved her. There was no doubt in her mind.


‘Here Comes the Bride’ started playing and the double doors opened once again. Every head in the hall turned to her but she didn’t pay any attention to them. She only saw eyes for the man at the end of the aisle way. He looked up and his breath was taken away.

Max didn’t pay any attention to anything. With one glance at Haley, he was lost in a world with her and him together. She looked breathtaking and utterly beautiful in that white dress. Max was ecstatic that she was his, and his only.

On April 27, 2019, Max proposed to Haley in Paris under the Eifel Tower. On September 14, 2020, Max and Haley got married. Ever since they met, they’ve been happy. When they had their first kiss, they were happy. When they became girlfriend and boyfriend, they were happy. When they lost their virginity to each other, they were happy. When they got married, well, no words could describe euphoria they felt burst within their bodies. It was just an unexplainable feeling you get when you’re overly excited. It was the feeling of being in love.


“We had a good life,” 70 year old Haley said, sighing in contentment.

“Whoever said it was over?” 71 year old Max whispered in her ear. His breath tickled the skin of her ear as she blushed. She stood up and stuck out her hand. Max grabbed it and stood up in front of Haley. “I love you.”

“I love you too, sweetheart,” Haley replied kissing him on the cheek. She squeezed his hand and walked towards their room. Max put the book down on the couch and followed his wife.

The scrapbook that laid open on that couch fell to the floor in heap. A picture fell out and landed near the coffee table. It was a picture of the two at the age of 17 and 18. They had their arms wrapped around one another looking as happy as can be. Next to the picture was the scrapbook, now closed. It read ‘Haley’s and Max’s Book of Love’

The excitement with these two lovebirds never died. They kept each other grounded, yet had fun when they wanted to. No one could ever explain the connection between these two. Not even their parents. They knew they loved each other but never knew how strong it was. The only people who knew were themselves, Haley and Max. One without the other was unimaginable. Everyone saw them together and as the years went by they just fell more in love with each other.

FIN
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW.
That's all I have to say for this story. :D
This was an awkwards story to write, especially that one part. I am so sorry if it sound...well, um, awkward. Remeber, I am 13 year old girl who knows nothing about that kind of stuff.

Did you know that descrbing a wedding dress is extremely difficult? Well it is so I am sorry if it sounds like crap. Well I hope you liked this. I worked on it for five days straight. Well, exept when writing The Last Nyxen.

But I really do hope you like this. I would cry if you all hate it. hahaha, I am kidding. :P Comment this please!