Status: You guys were great! Thank you! Be on the look out for my new story, Bottom of the Bottle.

The Forbidden Fruit

Le Fin.

“We’re talking after school.” Derrick pulled me aside after the bell rang.

I quickly nodded and left the room. Rushing out into the hallway traffic, I zipped and zagged through-out the people talking with their friends. Shane caught my attention, and I waved, but ducked into my History class.

------------------

“I don’t think we can be together.”

“Uh, okay?” I asked, leaning against the wall in confusion.

“Well, I mean, I would love to be with you.” Derrick said, “But Shane knows.”

“He wont tell. I promise.”

“I just can’t risk it.”

“Okay.” I nodded.

“You’re not… hurt?” He asked.

“Uh, nope.” I shook my head.

“Can I ask why?”

“I knew this was coming. And yesterday I was going to say we shouldn’t be together.”

“Um?” His head jerked back, “This was unexpected.”

I pushed myself off of the wall and walked over to him, “I’ll call you when I graduate, okay?”

He stood still, as if in shock. I smiled and pushed myself up on my tip toes. I kissed his cheek, lingering there more a bit longer than necessary. When I pulled away, my eyes fluttered opened and I smiled.

“I’ll be waiting.” He said quietly, “See you Monday.”

“Bye Mr. Ward.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I know, it's short and sudden.
But, maybe POSSIBLY, there would be a sequel.
I wrote a one-shot, I'd love it if you'd read it.
I'll start a new story soon.