Status: Previously on an Indefinite Hiatus, trying to get it back up

They're Playing Our Song

Evening Phone Call

The high spirits I had acquired during art class quickly faded away as I remembered that I'd have to talk to Mary about what she saw. I knew she wasn't going to wait for me like she did yesterday, so I made sure I had all my things and booked it all the way down the hall and through the front doors. I leaned up against the bike rack and waited with my arms crossed. Patiently, I continued to wait. My side was growing cold from leaning up against the chilly metal, so I pushed off it and started pacing. When I realized that I had been there waiting for over fifteen minutes, I sighed and began walking home by myself.

As I got closer and closer to Cherry-broke road, I remembered that I had my cell phone with me. My eyes lit up, and I paused on the sidewalk to fish my phone out of my bag. I continued on while I feverishly pressed buttons on my phone and dialed Mary's number.

"Hello?" answered a glum female voice on the other line. I sighed.

"Mary," I said sadly. "Why do you think I lied to you?"

"Oh, um. Sorry. I have to go do homework. And stuff." she said awkwardly. I could tell she was just about to hit the 'end call' button.

"Wait. Before you hang up, I want to make something clear." I murmured into my phone. "I am so sorry you think there is something going on between Mr. Way and I. But there really isn't Mary. He's just a friend. This whole thing is new to me. The school, this street, this house. And even the people. I'm different than them Mary. And all I have right now is you, Mr. Way, and a Green Day concert in a couple weeks. Maybe not even that if my dad doesn't stop acting weird. Mr. Way is a friend. F-r-i-e-n-d. I know that's a little weird, because he's a teacher and all. But right now...he's all I've got."

I waited for her to reply as I finished my rant. One minute of silence passed between us and, defeated, I closed my phone and slowly made my way up the street and to the foot of my driveway. I looked up at my house as the sun started to set. My mom still wasn't home, and the dark house looked as pathetic as I felt. Before I even stepped onto the gravel of my drive, my phone buzzed loudly in my pocket. I quickly pulled it out, and my cold fingers fumbled with it for a minute before flipping it open.

"Hello?" I said breathlessly.

"I thought about what you said." Mary sighed. "And I guess you're right. I think I just have issues..."

"After what happened with you and Stella?" I said.

"Yeah..." she muttered.

"Hey, ask your mom if you can sleep over tonight." I smiled. "Looks like we've got a lot to talk about."

"Okay!" she said excitedly. I could hear her calling up to her mom and asking for permission. After a couple more minutes she said: "Be over in five!" I laughed.

"Okay. See you then." and then I hung up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know, I just wanted to put something out there for tonight.
Expect a better, longer update within the week.
And I just want to say I love love love ALL my commenters and subscribers.
Here's a shout out!

I LOVE YOU:
Remy LeBeau!
K_atie!
ashleeinwonderland!
Izlye!
When_They_Rifle_In!
Am I Broken!? !
Rachel Ramone!
JaxxMonster!
Esme.Ecstasy!
Razzel Dazzel :D !
TheThornInYourSide!
lalalaura!
RecklessLullaby!

Big tackle hugs are appropriate, I believe.