‹ Prequel: Blood Hunter

Shadow Of Doubt

Justice

Was I merely just another bloodsucker to Tristan? My negligence toward myself is what brought up the evenings unfortunate events. I almost killed a person for god’s sake! I spotted a large dear and pounced on it trying not to ruin my dress. I drained it of its contents and left its lifeless body lying in the middle of the forest. I found a nice little spot and sat down to think. Tristan was just angry that’s all, Carlos can make us all very angry with each other it’s his thing. He loves to cause trouble. There was a soft growl in the distance and I stood. I knew I still wasn’t strong enough to fight anything off, with the affects of my black out comes weakness afterward to teach you neglecting yourself can leave you vulnerable, defenceless. A rather large white haired wolf strode toward me. I stood my ground as it came and sniffed me a few times. Both I and the wolf both knew that he or she could interact with me. This werewolf wasn’t stupid. They could smell that I wasn’t what it was.
‘What are you doing here, you do realise you are standing on were turf.’ The voice was of a female. I nodded in response to her question. She growled at me again defending her land. I decided to explain myself to her before she tore me limb from limb.

‘I just needed somewhere to think. I’m not here to hunt I promise. I’m not even here to harm your pack. All I wish to do here is think.’ I smiled at her.
‘You smell like the alpha of another pack, if I recall right his name is Tristan.’ She told me. I smiled at her and at the mention of my boyfriend. Hearing that I smelt like Tristan was comforting in its own little way.
‘That would be because I’m his girlfriend.’ I smiled. This female let out a barking laugh. I frowned at her. ‘What is so funny?’ I asked genuinely curious. I didn’t find that funny at all.
‘Why in the world is that boy such an idiot, he can’t mate with you, you’re like stone! There’s no way your parts are working’ the female rolled on her back laughing. I glared at the wolf and walked away, I was way too annoyed to sit there and watch her laugh at me. Was she right? Could I really not ever have any offspring of my own? I was sure all my “parts” were working just fine. I want to one day have children with Tristan f we last that long.
Also if I had of stayed there I would have snapped at the next thing she said. I could feel it. ‘Hey I’m sorry if I upset you, my name is Justice, you must be Hope, yes?’ she knew me, that was a start.

We walked for a while just talking between each other casually. Well through our heads anyway. She seemed to be quite an okay girl when she wasn’t making fun of my relationship.
‘Hope, why were you all alone before, I mean you vampires usually don’t travel alone never have I seen a lone Vamp like I have you.’ She questioned sitting down.
‘I was at a ball as you can see and I hadn’t fed in days my energy was love, very low. I blacked out and Tristan got in an argument with Carlos. He called Carlos a bloodsucker and just to rub it in Carlos asked what I was to him, just another blood sucker? This upset me and when blood was finally in my system well I broke and almost killed a person. God how guilty I feel for even thinking of harming what I once was. I needed to get away from everyone. Think. I don’t even know if he truly loves me anymore.’ I couldn’t believe I was spilling my guts to a wolf I’d just met. Maybe I was way too comfortable around them. Or maybe I’ve always had a love for them even before I was this.

I felt like crying. So that’s exactly what I did. I cried. Justice nudged me with her nose.
‘I’m sure he didn’t mean that you were just a bloodsucker. I mean if you mean as much to him as you say he says you are. Go back to him and embrace him and tell him you love him then get your beautiful self home and away from jerks like this Carlos guy.’ She smiled at me and pushed me in the direction of Francior’s home. Something about her words made me want to go back there. Maybe they reminded me of how much I actually missed being near him. I felt like a part of me was missing. I ran quickly only to find Tristan all beaten up lying on the ground outside Francior’s, where I had once left him standing.

Tristan was slowly healing, it had to have been a vampire that caused him the damage or else he’d be fine. I growled and watched Francior rush out with a bucket of ice cold water and a damp towel.
“Hope! You’re here, oh you shouldn’t have left. Tristan wouldn’t defend himself. He swore he wouldn’t cause trouble so he stood and took the harsh fists from Carlos. Finally I got him to shift into wolf form and he pinned a helpless Carlos to the floor, but he was weak. This is what happened after he formed back. He needs tending to, I’m so sorry.” Francior patted the damp cloth to his injuries.
“Francior, seeing as Carlos went against your will, can I please rip his throat out?” I asked politely. He gave me a weak smile.
“If you change out of that wonderful dress, sure.” Finally he laughed. I smiled brightly and ran inside to change. This was going to be the best morning in my entire life, to wound and kill another for the damage of my loved one.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so this is kind of a filler. but the next chapter should be amazing :D

Love
KissAndSell & Lurking_shadow