Sequel: The Webs We Weave

A Part Of Me

Chapter 18

Brody POV

I felt my eyebrows pull together in anger when I saw the whore sitting on my brother’s lap; she was all over him.
“Brodes, this is… umm” Ronnie slurred; he didn’t even know her bloody name!
“I don’t care what her name is Ronnie. What the fuck is she doing all over you? Why are you letting her do that? Or have you forgotten about Alexis already?” I raised my voice at my brother; something that I don’t do often.
“Shh you” The whore giggled quickly turning her attention to me and then back to my brother.
“Oh, no you didn’t! Get the fuck off my brother you stupid whore” I shouted as I roughly grabbed her arm and with all my strength I yanked her off Ronnie; I smirked when she landed on the ground with a thump.
“You stupid little bitch!” The whore shrieked as she stood up and raised her hand; my eyes widen when I saw her arm start to swing down.
“Don’t even think about it” Max hissed as he grabbed the whore’s wrist
“Everyone off our bus now” Robert yelled while he helped Bryan push the people off the bus. I was too shocked to do anything; I couldn’t believe Max was the one to protect me, to save me. Ronnie was always the first person to defend me, to protect me, to save me.
“Brodes, princess are you…” Ronnie said but I cut him off.
“Don’t Ronnie, just don’t” I shook my head before walking back to the bunk area; I was planning on checking on Alexis but that idea vanished from my head when I heard someone following me.
“Brodes, wait up” Max said gently grabbing my wrist; he turned me around so I was facing him.
“I’m sure Ronnie would have stopped her but when he’s drunk or high he reacts slower” Max explained to me.
“And what, is that meant to make me feel better?” I asked looking into Max’s green eyes.
“No, I guess it wouldn’t. Look Brody, a part of me wanted Ronnie to stop her but the other part wanted me to stop her. I want to protect you, I want to hold you, and I want to be the one who you can turn to. We have feelings for each other, and I honestly don’t know why we haven’t acted on them” Max told me placing his hands on my waist and moving my body closer to his. My heart started to beat faster as I understood what Max was saying; my eyes fluttered shut as Max leaned down and pressed his warm soft lips gently on mine. My arms wrapped around his neck as Max tightened his grip around my waist; I tangled my fingers in his black hair as I deepened our kiss. I wanted to forget about my problems, I wanted to forget about how messed up my family is, I wanted to forget about everything; and Max was letting me to that.
“Will you be my girlfriend Brody?” Max asked as we parted for breathe.
“Yes” I smiled brightly as Max cupped my left cheek with his warm hand; he pulled me into another breath taking kiss.
“Can you check on Ronnie for me please?” I asked, well it was more like I begged; I should be the one to check on Ronnie. I should be the one to rub his back when he threw up, I should be the one to put him to bed, I should be the one who took his shoes off but right now I didn’t want to face him.
“Of coarse babe” Max said pecking my lips and walking back to the front of the bus.
“Oh. My. God” I heard Lex giggle as she poked her head out from behind her bunk curtain.
“Shut it you” I giggled smiling like an idiot but I didn’t care because I finally had Max; he was all mine.
“But it was so cute” Lex squealed smiling.
“I’m sorry about before” I whispered; I watched as Lex lowered her eyes and shrugged her shoulders. My attention was captured by the all too familiar groan of my big brother; I heard heavy footsteps coming towards us. Lex quickly shut her curtain before she saw Ronnie; I took a deep breathe and slowly let it out before I made my way towards my brother.
“I’ve got it” I told Max and Bryan who were helping Ronnie.
“Brody” Ronnie exclaimed happily.
“Are you sure?” Max asked completely ignoring the fact that Ronnie was now trying to get to me.
“I’ll be fine” I reassured him before placing my arms around Ronnie’s waist; Bryan and Robert slowly walked to their bunks while Max didn’t move.
“I love you Brodes” Ronnie slurred as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders; I knew he was trying not to put all his weight on me but he was still bloody heavy.
“I love you too Ronnie” I said as I tried to position him better in my arms; my struggle alarmed Max to help me.
“Max, I’m fine really. Go get some sleep” I reassured him; I smiled at him when he slowly walked to his bunk. I thought it was so cute how he kept looking back to see any reason that he should stay and help me.
“Brody, I think I’m…” Ronnie trailed off before I shoved him into the bathroom; he fell to his knees and bent his head over the toilet. I signed as I squatted next to him; I gently rubbed his back and kept his hair out of his face as he emptied his stomach.
“I’m so sorry Brodes” Ronnie said after he flushed the toilet; he sat back down on his butt.
“I know you are” I said as I wiped his forehead with a damp towel.
“I’m so fucked up” Ronnie whispered in shame.
“We all fuck up sometimes Ronnie” I said as I brushed his black hair from his face.
“I don’t deserve you” Ronnie told me; just hearing him talk like that made tears form in my eyes.
“Great, now I’m making you cry. I hate myself for the things I put you through” Ronnie said frowning at his lap.
“Don’t you dare say that Ronnie, you’re my big brother and I love you. Besides we’re Radke’s, we make it through everything” I chuckled at the end.
“Come one, let’s get you to bed” I said standing up; I grabbed Ronnie’s hands pulling him up slowly. We made it to our bunks safely; I made sure Ronnie was comfortable and tucked in before I kissed his forehead. I then climbed back into my bunk and let sleep overtake my body.