Colder Than My Heart

I Know Myself Pretty Well

Sarah stared out of the window beside her, feeling utterly humiliated at what had happened the day before. Within moments of arriving at the tour and she had found a way to cause a scene. She leaned into Nick’s side and as soon as he noticed the small gesture wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

“Are you feeling okay?” He muttered against her ear. She let out a frustrated sigh as she tried to count how many times she’d been asked that question since the event.

“I’m fine,” she muttered shaking his arm off and returning her eyes to the window. No one bothered to disrupt her and the entire van fell into silence. Jersey took his iPod from his pocket, plugging in the headphones and flicking through the songs. Nick and Thomas had decided sleep was what they needed to survive the long drive whereas Blake and Andrew kept a small conversation from the front seats.

On the All Time Low tour bus Lisa was fast asleep in Alex’s bunk whilst all the guys were in the front of the bus.

“Yeah, no I promise everything’s okay,” Alex mumbled into the receiver on his Blackberry. “Yes I’m sure,” he replied to the caller rolling his eyes. “Okay. I love you mom. Bye, tell Dad I’m doing good,” he smiled before hanging up the phone and throwing it down on the seat next to him. Glancing around he saw Zack and Rian deciding on a movie to watch whereas Jack was sat by himself on the laptop closer to the front of the bus. Alex tilted his head at one of his best friends before taking to his feet and making his way over to him.

Slumping in the seat next to Jack he glanced over his shoulder at the webpage displayed on the screen. Twitter was the website displayed on the screen. Jack was seemingly looking for something amongst the few updates his friends had posted on the page. He found what he had been looking for and scrolled back up, typing in the username and the reply he wanted to send. Alex furrowed his eyebrows at the username Jack had typed in, not even slightly recognising the name even though he was sure by the initials in the name that the person had to be in a band. Why hadn’t he heard of the band? Every musician Jack knew, Alex knew and vice versa. The same applied to Zack and Rian too so it confused Alex that he had an extra follower.

“Who’s that?” Alex asked tilting his head to the side and cutting Jack from the screen. The boy simply looked between him and the screen.

“Who?” He asked simply leaning back in his seat.

“That one,” Alex pointed at the username he’d typed in. Jack smiled lightly to himself and shrugged nonchalantly.

“That’s Nick, he was the one who came looking for help yesterday,” he nodded. “He’s in the band too,” he added. Alex nodded and looked intrigued, staring at the picture beside the name before taking to his feet and allowing Jack to get back to his conversation although, Alex was always poking his nose in other people’s business. As soon as he reached his Blackberry his curiosity got the better of him, bringing up a new page he silently watched both sides of the conversation.

Sarah shifted in her seat, Blake and Andrew’s conversation had long died and Blake’s fingers seemed to be travelling a mile a minute for god knows what reason across the screen of his iPhone. Hearing the volume of Jersey’s iPod from where he was sat behind her she could almost hear the words to the tunes perfectly. Blake touched a few buttons just in time for a new tune to start. As the familiar rhythms drifted to Sarah her ears instantly pricked up. She turned her head slightly, half glancing over her shoulder as she attempted to make out the tune. A small smile played on her lips but her eyebrows remained furrowed as she turned round and lay her arm across the back of the seat.

“Is that Kiss My Sass?” She asked tilting her head. The guitarist pulled back his lips in a tooth baring grin as he nodded as her face lit up.

“You know me and Gabe are Hispanic buds,” he teased before taking out an ear bud and offering it to her. She gladly took it and slipped it into her ear, both of them singing along softly, almost inaudibly, to the words leaking into their ears.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll make a sign for the person who can tell me the song the title is from without googling it.

-The Ripper.