Colder Than My Heart

Early Sunsets Aren't An Option in Arizona

“Wow. This place is huge,” Sarah commented as the van door slid open. She kicked her feet over the side of her seat and hopped down onto the grass. Shielding her eyes from the blinding midday sun she took a real look. Her eyes couldn’t see the edge of the seemingly endless space and a smile cast over her lips. All the guys filed out behind her, glancing over the space like the singer.

“Okay guys,” Andrew began pulling the keys from the ignition and dropping them on the driver’s seat before shutting the door and making his way round to their side of the van. “You’re gonna be playing on the Smart Punk stage. I know I’ve told you that but it’s really important you don’t forget that and you make sure your instruments are all back stage at least an hour before you go on so they can be tuned and put where they should be,” he explained to which the band nodded in understanding. “Be there about-” he cut off into a thoughtful pose. “Forty minutes or so before your set starts,” he finished. “And I know today’s an off day but we’re new at this so we’re gonna set up the merch tent and help with the stage,” he instructed.

“No problem,” Thomas answered on behalf of the group who just exchanged glances and nodded.

“That’s fair,” Sarah added looking back to Andrew.

“Good. Now get to work,” he teased brandishing a second set of keys from his pocket and threw them towards Jersey. Making their way to the back of the bus with the rest of their crew they opened the trailer with the key and began to load equipment from the back.

“Do you have to go?” Alex sighed as he clung to his girlfriend from behind.

“Yes, I do,” she answered bluntly before turning around in his grasp. “School starts soon and I need to do a ton of work. I’m sorry,” she apologised. He chewed the inside of his lip as he racked his brains for some sort of excuse. Drawing a total blank and looking at the apologetic ring of her eyes he let out a low sigh.

“At least let me kiss you,” he pouted childishly. Lisa rolled her eyes, letting an almost dark chuckle escape through her lips before she attached them to Alex’s.

“You’re such a dork,” she whispered as she pulled away and rolled her eyes.

“That’s not a nice thing to say before you leave,” he frowned playing with the edge of her shirt with his fingers.

“Yeah yeah whatever,” she grinned just as Alex spotted a yellow vehicle approaching over her shoulder. He let out a low sigh and turned back to his girlfriend who caught on and looked behind her. Seeing the cab she bit the inside of her lip and turned back to Alex. “I’ll see you in a month or something,” she shrugged in an attempt to lighten his mood. He simply sent her a warm smile before kissing the tip of her nose.

“Go on. Tell Sebastian I miss him,” he played making kissy faces as he mentioned his puppy. Lisa let out a laugh and slipped from his grasp. The driver got out, making sure she was the correct passenger and opening the trunk for her to put her luggage in. After this she slipped into the passenger side and slid her window down. Alex made his way over, leaning against the frame of the car and pecked her lips once more. He pushed himself away, with a small smile and no more words, he left. Lisa let out a sigh to herself and let the driver start the car as she watched him walk away, not once looking back.

Within a few hours the sun was setting, casting warm colours across the sky and the lesser known band had assembled their tent amongst the other merch tables. The tables were loaded from the van and sat near the rear. Sarah sat Indian style atop one of them picking up a box next to her on the table she scored the tape and opened it up. She sorted the shirts out into separate piles in the little room she had left. She realised this and tilted her head in thought.

“Nick gimme a hand,” she instructed more than asked as she hopped down and took a hold on one of the ends of the free table. Nick stopped unloading the boxes from the trailer and shrugged. He put the box in his hands next to the unopened one Sarah hadn’t gotten to yet. He grabbed the opposite end of the table Sarah had and helped her lift it. The moved towards the tent, backing up until it was in position right near the back of the tent and out of the way for the time being.

What Sarah didn’t realise is that in doing so she had managed to become stuck behind the table and when it was lowered she was stuck between the leg and the back of the tent.

“Hey!” She exclaimed realising her predicament and frowning in Nick’s direction. Nick laughed wholeheartedly at the girl and watched as she put one leg over the table. When trying to pull the other leg up her sneaker got caught in the small gap and the force she had to use to pull it out sent her toppling to the ground in a heap near Nick’s feet. He laughed more to himself. After Sarah realised the situation she had gotten herself into her laughter joined his and she took to her feet.

“I’ll help you set the tables,” Nick smiled taking off in the direction they’d just come from. Sarah jogged a bit to catch up but in reaching him the two instantly erupted into conversation. Maybe Warped tour wasn’t gonna be that bad after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
My ship went down in a sea of sound
When I woke up alone I had everything
A handful of moments I wished I could change
And a tongue like a nightmare that cut like a blade
In a city of fools I was careful and cool
But they tore me apart like a hurricane.
A handful of moments
I wish I could change but I was carried away.


It's more of a filler but I like this chapter. It shows a more human side to people and I think that's important in a fanfic. I have Therapy on repeat, it's a craving for some reason and I love it, so that was my inspiration behind the chapter. I'll be making signs for the people who guessed the name of the song and I agree with Highly Suspicious, Saw IV is weird.

-The Ripper