Colder Than My Heart

Your Next Target

Sarah was overjoyed. Her heart was pounding fast and her pulse rate was rocketing as she bid farewell to the teenagers screaming at her. The band made their way from the stage only to be met by stunned faces. She could feel her cheeks growing warm despite the large grin on her face. She had been introduced to the boys; she knew that they were members of Forever the Sickest Kids, but not much else. Close to an hour passed after Sarah and the guys had left the stage and helped themselves to beverages and she had found herself shifting on her aching feet. Whereas her friends chose to stick around and talk with other musicians her and Jersey chose to head back to the van.

“Leaving us?” Thomas asked slinging a towel over his shoulder.

“Yeah I’m gonna go cool off,” Sarah nodded placing her hands on her hips.

“Want any company?” A dark haired man she recognised to be Jonathan inquired. Sarah furrowed her eyebrows glancing at the small smirk threatening to tug at his lips and the look on the white haired boys face from next to the man.

“Uh, no thanks, I’ll be fine with Jersey,” she replied cautiously. Thomas rolled her eyes from her side as the white haired guy began laughing at Jonathan’s rejection.

“Suit yourself,” he muttered sipping on the bottle in his hand. Sarah simply shook her head as if nothing had happened and turned around, quickly flashing a smile at Jersey.

“Ready to go?” He asked to which she simply nodded and wrapped her arm around his side. His arm slumped over her shoulders as their feet carried them away from the backstage area. “Do you still doubt yourself?” He mumbled as they grew further from the chattering voices.

“You know what? I don’t think I am. Not much anyway,” she added to the end of her sentence.

“That’s my girl,” he grinned ruffling her hair to which she grunted and instantly began to sort it out.

“Jersey you honestly suck sometimes,” she complained as she shook up her bangs. Jersey began to laugh before stepping in front of her, swatting her hands away and sorting it out for himself.

After All Time Low had left the stage Alex was in a calmer, more relaxed mood, however panting slightly. Matt handed Alex a towel as he was the first from the stage, his hair was soaked with sweat and stuck to his face as he flung to towel lazily over his shoulder. He paid no attention to the rest of his band as he drug his feet to a table lined with refreshments. Grabbing a beverage he let his quiet breaths steady as he unscrewed the cap. One quick swig and he was done. He still hadn’t forgotten about that girl, and he was hoping they’d still be at their stage so he had a chance to talk to her or at least find out what band she was in.

He took off at a steady pace; strolling away from his stage and towards the one he’d recently visited. His eyes scanned the bodies he passed just in case she was amongst the moving people. He approached the very back of the stage and stopped near the edge before glancing around. From what he could see, no one was there. He frowned to himself, defeated once again. He turned, seeing if there was anyone in the small groups congregated at the entrance, only he didn’t see anything.

Alex refused to admit defeat. He paced around the stage a few times before he couldn’t stand it any longer. With a low groan he leaned against a fence separating the artists from the fans. He leaned his head back causing a small crashing sound to chorus along the mesh. He focused on the clouds for a long moment before catching sight of some movement in his peripheral vision. He didn’t think much of it, but as his eyes were programmed to, they zeroed in on the movement quite a way from where he was stood. The figures in front of him didn’t register for a moment but when they did a wave of intrigue washed over Alex. He pushed himself lightly from the fence and watched the scene unfold before him.

The male figure that he recognised to be in the same band as the girl who caught his eye had his arm around her, keeping her close to his side. Her around was around his back. Alex observed as the male ruffled her hair. She must have said something for the guy to suddenly start chuckling to himself. She proceeded to try and flatten her hair with her fingers which the guy slapped away and fixed for her. She rolled her eyes and tied her around back around his lower half. His arm lazily wrapped around her shoulder and they both strolled in the direction of a white van a small way away. Alex watched intently from where he was stood leaning forwards to make sure he didn’t lose sight of them. He didn’t take his eyes off the pair until the door on the side of the van was slid open and the pair disappeared inside.

Interesting.

“Excuse me?” Alex heard from behind him causing him to snap from his daze.

“Hm?” He asked spinning round with his eyebrows raised. Before him stood three reasonably attractive girls and an awkward looking boy. A smirk played on his lips as he glanced over the girls’ outfits. Sarah was suddenly wiped from his thoughts.

“Would it be okay if we got a picture with you or something?” The same voice asked which Alex noticed matched the peroxide blond. He took one last look between all three girls; the boy had his arms protectively around the girl with the auburn hair and a nose stud. Taken. However all girls were blatantly interested.

Well, they look eighteen.

“Sure,” Alex smirked walking a little way up the fence to a gate protected by bodyguards. Alex flashed his pass, explaining he was going to hang out with fans. Well it wasn’t a whole lie. He swaggered his way towards the group. After posing for photographs and signing the girl’s shirts the girls decided to move away.

“Hey guys do you mind if I catch up with you later?” The blond asked her friends. The auburn haired girls raised her eyebrows along with the brunette next to her.

“No sure, catch up later,” the brunette confirmed with a nod to which the blond smiled and turned back to Alex.

“I watched your set,” she began folding her arms underneath her obvious chest.

“Oh really?” Alex asked with a smile in his voice.

“Yeah, you did really well. Are you always that good?” She asked tilting her head and sending him unspoken messages via her blue eyes.

“I’m good at a few things,” he spoke almost absently. The blonde raised her brows, chuckling quietly to herself.

“Mind if I asked what those ‘things’ are?” She grinned. Alex smirked wickedly to himself at the suggestion in her tone. As always, he had the pretty girl wrapped around his finger. She knew just as well as he did nothing would come of what would inevitably happen.

“I could show you if you like.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for not updating sooner. I was at a show yesterday and mibba wasn't working when I wanted to update. Sorry! But yeah, I love you all so much and I'm listening to All Time Low on Loveline, that shit is hilarious.

-THE RIPPER