Denial Used to Feel So Good

Strip Poker

I wish I could sleep through everything. Honestly, can you imagine how easy life would be if you could sleep out all the bad and boring parts? I do nap occasionally, but that doesn't solve my problems like I wish it would....right now was one of those sleep out moments.

"Do you have any three's?"

"Sisky, you just asked that!" The Butcher groaned, rolling his eyes as he stared at the one card in his hand.

"SO? You could've picked one up on your last fishing endeavor." Sisky defended quickly, "Did you?"

"No. Go fish."

I stared blankly at the array of cards that were the Go Fish fishing pile and watched intently as Sisky picked a card off of the top. He shielded it with his hands very carefully and then stuck it strategically in his hand with his many other cards. It was obvious Sisky had no idea how to play and The Butcher was going to win the game...again.

"Do you have any king's?" The Butcher asked monotonously. He was bored as well as me.

"Damn!" Sisky cursed, throwing the king he had in his hand down forcefully on the table, "How do you do that?!"

"Mad guessing abilities." The Butcher chuckled, collecting Sisky Business' card and matching it with it's pair and delicately setting them both down on the table, "I win. And I'm not playing again."

"Come on! Just one more?!" Sisky pleaded, gathering the cards and shuffling them again. The Butcher shook his head and stood up; stretching.

"I'm going to sleep." I envied him as he made his way to the bunks and collapsed.

"Bill?" Sisky asked eagerly, turning to William, who was seated next to me on the couch with his arm draped carelessly around my shoulders.

"Sorry Biz. Not this time."

"Party pooper." Sisky scowled, sticking out his tongue. I knew I was the next victim when Sisky smirked evilly, "Kyle?" He wiggled an eyebrow at me.

"I will only play if it's strip poker." I muttered dully. I instantly felt four pairs of eyes on me (I'm sure five if the Butcher would have been present).

"Are you serious?" Mike gaped at me.

"Ugh, you guys are disgusting." I rolled my eyes, "Of course not. I was joking."

"Baby, you do not make those kinds of jokes around a crowd like this." William mused, chuckling to himself and shifting closer to me. I withheld my glare. Suddenly, I hate his stupid nicknames for me. Baby? I wasn't Sisky's cat. That and babe. God, did I hate being called babe...at least Gabe was creative.

After a minute of silence, Michael finally cleared his throat, "We've got a signing tonight? And a meet and greet or something?"

"We do? Or you do?" I clarified.

"All of us, I think." Mike frowned, wracking his mind, "Yeah..." he said with finality, "All of us."

"Good." I smiled. I liked signings and meet and greets. I loved the kids. They were awesome. My day was looking better. And I tried not to cloud my thoughts with my problems and thought about the show. I then immersed myself in conversation with the guys. Mostly Sisky, Michael and Mike though. There was nothing William could say that I would even find some remote interest in. Mainly because the only thing he talked about was himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
The concert was absolutely....there's no adjective to describe it. Just...AH!
I still love Bill with all my heart. AND I SAW TONY! He chucked a water bottle right over my head to the merch guys! HE was no more than ten feet from me! It...was....AWESOME!

So, I have a lot of writing to do tonight. A little encouragement? I know these last few chapters have big mega-ultra fillers, but I promise, it's getting good. I have this (semi) hefty list of things to come and so you should all be a little bit excited.

And I'm proud to say we've made it to 100 subscribers. 102 actually. I cried a little when I saw that.

And if you aren't aware Sisky has a cat named Baby and another one named Lil' Girl and he just got another one, Miss Lucy I think...well according to his blog. ANYWAY, I'm finished babbling.