Status: Finished

Going Under

12 of 14

Nickolas didn’t move from his spot in front of the fire. He didn’t speak to Rosemary either. It broke her heart. There was no way that she could make him talk, and she didn’t want to upset him. he just rocked back and forth a little, Nickolas the puppy in his lap.

"Nickolas... you can't sit there for the rest of your life..."
No answer. Rosemary just sighed, looking back down to her sewing.

"Nickolas...your mother is coming to see you...she won't like it if you stay in front of the fire the whole time..."
Again, he didn’t move. Except for his slight rocking back and forth. Rosemary could do nothing but hope that Carla could get him out of this.

"Nickolas!" Carla greeted happily. she ran up to him and put her arms around him, hugging him close. He went limp in her arms, letting her cuddle him. "What did you do to him...?" Carla raised an eyebrow, looking up at her mother.

"Well, since you decided to hide your secrets in his fire truck, he hasn’t been the same. So it isn’t me that did anything. Maybe you need to look in the mirror and then ask again, who did what to him." Rosemary spat at Carla. She couldn’t believe what she was still doing watching after Nickolas for her daughter. Maybe it wasn’t for Carla's sake, it was for Nickolas...

"I did nothing. What did you do to my little boy!?" Carla demanded.

Rosemary shook her head in disgust, "I cannot believe you."

"What? That I am worried about my little boy?! Look at him! where's his little boy smile?! The boy with not a care or a worry in this world?!"

"You destroyed him." Rosemary glared at her.

"I haven’t even been here! It's obviously something you did!"

"Exactly. You haven't been here. That's why he's like this!"

"Come on baby." She scooped him up. "We'll take you home and you can play with the new kitten Adam bought for you!" she said. He rested his head on her shoulder, closing his eyes.

"No, don't take him home. Not with the habits you have." Rosemary said coldly, moving to block the door.

"I am taking him home and you will not stop me. He is my son; I will do what I please." Carla pushed past her mother angrily, storming out of the house with him.

"And I will do what I feel is right." Rosemary muttered, pulling out the phone book and looking up Child Services.
♠ ♠ ♠
She wouldnt?!

....would she?
that's for me to know and you to find out!