Status: Completed!

My Greatest Fear Is I'll Be Just Like Him

It Was All For The Best… 8

{::Fast Forward – 1 Year::}

~ Kei’s POV ~

“Kei.”

I jumped slightly from the sudden sound. At first I thought it may have been her but no… it was just my girlfriend Uzumaki Koori.

I look over my shoulder at her. So damn beautiful. Bright sunny blonde hair with her mothers light whitish gray eyes. She was 2 ½ years younger than me but that didn’t mean a thing. I didn’t push her in anyway to do anything she wasn’t ready for. I’m not like that. Also the fact that her father the Hokage watches me like a hawk.

“Any change?” she asks stepping into the once plain white room.

I sigh and grab her hand in mine as she places it on my shoulder.

“No,” I say in regard to her question.

I turn back to the motionless body in the bed. My older sister, Junsei. It’s been one year since I woke from my coma and my sister’s body was found. When the Sand ninja’s found her, luckily one of them was a medical nin. They didn’t recognize her at first, if they did they would have let her die. She was an S-class criminal.

But by the time they found her I had awoken 2 hours before hand. I told the Hokage and everyone in a quick but detailed manner of the truth, of the plan. That Junsei would never betray the village. I told them they had to go find her. She was either dead or Itachi was because I had awoken. I prayed with all my heart and soul she’d be coming back to me alive. So when the Sand nin’s found her body, some Leaf nins had just made it to the Sand Village. The Sand nin made it back to their village with my sister hanging on by the smallest thread. The Leaf nins were talking to their leader Gaara when a Sand nin entered. He said they found the S-class criminal Uchiha Junsei and were waiting for orders. But the Kakage had already heard the truth from the Leaf nins, and ordered guards around my sisters room for protection.

2 months later when her body was safe enough to move, we returned her to the Leaf Village. Her home with her family.

Notices were sent out to all in each and every village in every land. Months were spent on investigating the two years Junsei was an S-class criminal. Because of the blood trait mother never told us about, it was easy to clear her name. She didn’t kill any innocents. In fact, she killed two very wanted men and hundreds of others corrupted with evil.

She completed her goal and then some.

My sister is amazing.

If any one had doubt in her power, they no longer do.

In fact, four months ago, Junsei was given the title sannin (I’m not sure I can do that but whatever!) I’m so damn proud of her. Now all she has to do is awake from her coma. 17-years-old and already a legendary ninja of Konoha. I’ll never be as strong as her but I can damn well try to be.

My noble strong older sister.

Please wake up.

“She will.”

I look up at Koori confused. Then I realized I must have said my last thought out loud.

“I know,” I murmur. “I just can’t wait any longer. I want to hold my sister. Tell her how proud I am of her. I miss her so much.”

Koori hugs me from behind. “Don’t stress over it. She’s a sannin. She won’t give up. She’s fighting to come back to us, to you. Now come on,” her arms moved away from me. “You need food.”

I didn’t bother to argue. This was nothing knew. I’d go to my sisters hospital room and stay for too long, lost in thought. I’d miss a meal or two and not do anything about it till someone came and got me.

I stand and move to the bed, kiss my sisters forehead, tell her I love her, and then leave the room with my girlfriend.

Just another day.

{::Fast Forward – 4 Days::}

~ Junsei’s POV ~

“Hmm,” I moaned and shifted a little.

I let so weak and sluggish. But… I was alive. I kept my eyes closed and made my tired mind remember all.

“I did it,” I murmur right before opening my eyes.

Hospital. I can tell by the smell. My room wasn’t that boring white. Colorful pictures covered the walls, the curtains and bed coverings were bright yellow in color, my favorite color. Slightly wilted flowers were in a vase on a stand by my bed and one more on a table in the corner. What the hell? What have I done to earn this?

Kei?

That can be the only reason. He must have told them all when he woke. But when was that? How much time has passed since my self-appointed mission was completed? I had no idea. I looked at my hands, they were still young with youth. Thank God for that. Would have sucked if I woke up 50-years-old.

I heard the footsteps coming, and closed my eyes. Making it seem like I hadn’t awoken. I don’t really know why. But it was too late, the door opened.

The person walked into the room and from the charka I knew who it was. Kei. Sweet loveable younger brother. Oh how I missed you. But yet, I still don’t open my eyes. I could have cried right then and there when I felt him kiss my forehead. Strong noble Kei, oh how I missed you.

“I brought you fresh flowers,” his voice spoke. It was so much more deeper and older. “I didn’t pick them,” he continued. “Koori likes to do it and I’m not going to argue. It makes her feel useful.”

Sweet little brother.

I heard him move a chair closer to me and then take a seat, grabbing my hand as he did so. I had to force it to remain limp and not squeeze his hand back.

“Yet another day,” he sighed. “Life’s going good. Isei (little brother) turned 12 yesterday. We threw a huge party. You should see him, he’s such a little shit now that he’s a ninja. Says he’s going to be as strong as his sannin sister.”

It took ever once of my will not to jump in shock or open my eyes at that little bit of info. No offense to Emi but I don’t think she’s the sister Kei was talking about. How much have I missed?

Kei continued, still not knowing I was finally awake. “Emi’s good too. Chunin exams are next month and she’s training like crazy. Mom and dad said they’d stop by later and visit you.”

Silence. A few minutes tick by.

“Damn it!” Kei suddenly shoats, dropping my hand and stand up. He moves and starts to pace at the end of my bed. “I’ve been patient Junsei but wake up already! I can’t take it anymore. I need my older sister back, not just your body in a bed. When I told you to return to me alive I didn’t think it’d be like this. It’s been a whole year damnit!” His hand was suddenly grasping mine again. “I need you to wake up. You need to return to me.”

“I’ll always return to you,” I suddenly spoke.

He had jumped away and I opened my eyes to his shocked face, his sapphire eyes wide as can be.

I smiled at him. “Hey little brother.”

“You- your… Junsei!”

He suddenly leaped at me, hugging me tightly to his body. I hugged back just as tight.

“I missed you so much,” he whispered in my ear, tears falling on my shoulder.

“I missed you too,” I whispered back. “It was all worth it. I did it.”

He pulled back looking me in the eye, like he couldn’t believe that I was really awake and talking to him. He held me like I’d disappear on him, but I wasn’t. I’m never staying 3 years away from my brother ever again.

“I’m so proud of you,” he spoke, tears still in his eyes.

Tears were in mine as well. “I’m nothing like him Kei. I know that now.”

“I’ve always known that,” he smiled a little wobbly. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too,” I repeated as we hugged again. “My life for yours.”

“Only if I can’t give you mine first,” he countered back, and laughed a little.

“You’ll never have to. I’m here to stay,” I smile.

“You better not leave me again,” he tells me a voice that will hear no arguments.

I chuckled a little. “I left because I had too. For me, mom, you, Uncle Sasuke… everyone.”

“I know,” he smiled and kissed my forehead. “It was all for the best.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope at least one of you liked it! :] :p