Status: Slowly active. Leave comments.

Back In Your Head

U Smile

"You can't be serious can you?" A voice came from my bedroom. Startled by the voice caused me to jump and lose grip of the back of my earring. I muttered out a curse word as I saw it slide down the drain of my sink. Sighing I decided to not wear these pair of earrings anymore seeing is that the other ear is missing a back piece. I took the other earring out of my ear and set it back in it's case. I'll try to get Kennedy or Garrett or even my dad to get it out some other time.

"Are you happy now?" I said as I walked back into my room with my hands on my hips.

"What?" He asked clueless.

"You just made me drop the back of my earring down the drain."

"I didn't make you do anything." He said grinning with his hands up.

"Whatever. What are you doing in here anyway?"

"I just wanted to see if you were really going to hang out with...Garrett." He said and also putting a hint of distaste in Garrett's name.

"Yes, I really am. So can you leave so I can finish getting ready."

"I don't know..." He said pretending to think about it.

"Look, John. You can't just come into my room like you used to okay. When Kennedy comes back here I don't even want to see your face."

"You're not going to introduce us to each other?"

"What? No. Why would I even? Kennedy probably thinks I'm already insane enough. Now, go!" I said pushing him out of my room and almost to the front door. He was actually a lot stronger than I realized as he managed to slip away from my grasp.

"Listen, Amy. I think we got off on the wrong start. Don't you think we should try to fix things-" John started as he stood in front of me now, but I cut him off.

"No, I don't think we should try to fix anything!" I shouted and just then there was a knock on the door. I forgot about John for a moment and went over to answer the door.

"Amy, is this a bad time?" It was Garrett and he looked concerned. He probably heard me shouting to John or myself, seeing is that I was the only person that could see him.

"No, no. Everything is alright." I assured him.

"Are you sure? I heard you yelling."

"Yelling?"

He nodded and gave me a puzzled look.

"I was just on the phone with my mom that's all."

"Oh, well I hope things are okay back at home then." He said loosening up.

"Thanks." I said with relief as he bought my excuse.

"So are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, just let me go grab my jacket upstairs."

"Okay, cool. I'll be waiting outside in the car."

I ran back up the stairs to my room and picked up Kennedy's hoodie he left off from my bed. Just as I leaned back up and turned around I stopped suddenly almost bumping into John.

"Shit!" I yelled silently stumbling backwards a bit then regaining my balance.

"I don't think you should go out with Garrett tonight."

"Too bad I don't care what you think." I said and walked around him quickly without giving him anytime to respond. I jogged down the stairs carefully, shoved my cell phone into my back pocket, and slammed the front door shut.

"So where are we going?" I asked Garrett as I made it into his yellow car and then clicking the seat belt on.

"Well, my friends and I are having a bonfire at the beach today and I wanted to introduce you to them." He explained as he backed up from my house and started down the road.

"Sounds like fun." I agreed and then I heard the sweet voice and tunes of Ryan Adams coming through his car speakers. "No fucking way! You listen to Ryan Adams?" I asked in astonishment as I turned in my seat to face him.

"Hell yeah!" He replied in the same tone.

-xxx-

The bonfire by the beach was really nice and relaxing. I was surrounded by unfamiliar faces. I didn't mind though. I texted with Kennedy when I felt out of place. I had his hoodie on already seeing is that it was getting dark and chilly so soon. Garrett had left a few minutes ago telling me that he'd be back soon.

"Amy!" I looked up at who called my name and it happened to be the only person who knew who I was at this moment, Garrett of course. He wasn't alone. He had his hand laced with a girl who looked around to be our age. She had this really gorgeous smile on her face and her hair was a mix of dark red and dark brown. I'm not sure, but she looked stunning.

I put aside my phone and looked up smiling up at Garrett and the girl he was with.

"Amy, this is Natalie. Natalie is my girlfriend. Natalie this is Amy." Garrett introduced us.

"Hi, there." Natalie said with a big smile and extended her hand toward me.

"Hi." I replied and accepted her hand to shake. She and Garrett took a seat next to me and began small talk.

"So how do you know Garrett?" She asked me.

"We met when we were like eight."

"Really? How come I'm just now meeting you?" She wondered.

"I moved that same year and I'm just here for the first time since then because my mom thought it'd be nice for me to spend at least two weeks with my dad."

"That's cool. We should hang out more while you're here."

"Definitely." I said genuinely. This girl was really sweet. She made me feel comfortable around here and as we talked about random things she was becoming like the best girlfriend that I never had. Other than Garrett or John for that matter, Kennedy was my only true friend. Sure his bandmates were there and always nice to me, but none of them were getting close to being as a real friend to me as Natalie was getting too. Her and Garrett were perfect. I found out they've been together just as long as I've been with Kennedy, but longer. Seeing them together made me miss Kennedy even more.

"Heads up!" I heard someone yell and then a shriek from Natalie as I quickly dodged an on-coming football.

"Holy crap! That was close." Natalie observed.

"Are you okay?" A skinny boy with long dark brown hair asked running to me to make sure.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said as my heartbeat slowed down.

"Hey, I don't think we've met before. I'm Pat." He introduced himself to me with a hand out.

"Amy." I said and shook his hand in return.

"Pat, what the fuck was that? That pass was no where near me!" I heard another voice coming closer. Pat looked over and shouted something in response. I looked past him and saw a guy who was about average with brighter color hair. I guessed it to be blond, but it almost looked ginger, I don't know.

"This is Jared by the way. It was his fault that the football almost knocked you unconscious." Pat explained blaming Jared.

"What? No. You were throwing it to no one!" Jared said shoving Pat playfully. "I'm Jared."

"Nice to meet you, Jared. I'm Amy."

"What brings you here, Amy." Jared asked as he popped a squat with Garrett, Natalie, and I.

"I'm just visiting my dad here for two weeks."

"Really? What part of Arizona are you from?"

"Originally here. I just moved to Scottsdale when I was eight."

"She's Kennedy Brock's girlfriend." Garrett added information about me.

"Kennedy? Last Call For Camden's Kennedy?" Jared asked.

"Yeah, the one and only." I clarified and just began chit-chatting with Garrett, his girlfriend, and friends. Jared was hilarious. He told me all these jokes and stuff he and Kennedy did while they had shows here like all the pranks they'd pull. Pat was almost safe to say insane. He was so upbeat and alive. What they called his alter ego, Ray boy, came out. It startled me for a moment, but in the end was just one of the highlights of my night. I found out they were in a band and still trying to look for a new lead singer. I met Pat's older brother Tim too, who happened to be the band's manager. Everyone was so welcoming it made me feel at ease and start to enjoy my time here away from home. I was smiling and enjoying myself and Kennedy wasn't even here. I was having fun on my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: "U Smile" - Justin Bieber

Just so you know, if you didn't, Amy is helpless sometimes and Kennedy is really her life support like her mom mentioned in a previous chapter. So it's a big thing when she wants to or does something on her own.

There was never a sixth commenter. I just wanted to update, but this time I mean it now. If I don't get 6 comments then I won't update willingly anymore. So, 6 comments. I gained a star too! One more from 10 stars. There was a few new subscribers for this and even for my other The Maine stories that haven't been touched in a long time. If you're one of those readers, I'm updating those next!