Status: Slowly active. Leave comments.

Back In Your Head

Finders Keepers

I woke up the next morning due to the sound of Kennedy talking into his cell phone. He was trying to keep his voice low trying to not disturb my slumber, but that obviously didn't work. He seemed to be frustrated and scared at the same time from what I can tell through his voice.

I peeped open one of my eyes, squinting from the bright rays that were seeping through the crack of the blinds, I saw Kennedy's back to my face. He was sitting on the side of the bed with one of his elbows resting on his knees and the other holding the cellular device to his ear.

I was too tired to move. I definitely could not fall back asleep again. I also didn't intend to eavesdrop, but the last few words that came out of Kennedy's mouth to the speaker of the phone caught my attention.

"Okay, fine. I'll come back." He said sighing then hanging up.

By now both my eyes were fully open although I was still bundled up lying on my stomach still in bed. He was going to leave? He just got here. I sensed Kennedy was rubbing his face wish his hands and was thinking for a few moments until he turned around. My eyes caught with his as he gave me a weak smile.

"Did you hear all of that?" He asked as he moved the strand of hair that was in my face.

"Just the part when you said you'll go back." I said through the blanket. He sighed and I propped up on an elbow. "Where are you going, Kenny?"

He leaned down and began explaining. "Back home, but listen to me. A couple of my relatives went into my room even when I specifically told my parents to not let them in there while I was gone because I know how much my little cousins can't keep their hands to themselves. Well anyway, one of them touched my guitars and started to mess with the amps as well and it caught on fire."

"Oh my gosh, is your family okay?" I interrupted. I didn't mean to pull a Kanye, but I really hoped their house didn't burn down or anyone had got caught on fire.

"Yeah, yeah. Amy, everyone is alright except my cousin who touched my amps. He is really young and he got burned a little, but I have to come back home and check to see if he's alright. He's family and plus I should probably put away the amps."

"I understand. He is family, you should go. Even though I really badly don't want you to leave me here again." I grumbled.

He chuckled at me, bringing his palm to my face, and leaning in to kiss me. When he pulled away I asked: "Are you coming back?"

"I am. They already spoke to your mom and said she was coming over tonight to pick me up and she said she would be able to bring me back."

"How long?"

"Two days."

I groaned and lied back down. Another two days without Kennedy. I seemed to go crazy and mental without him.

"It's just another two days, Amy." He said as he lied back down also.

"I'll go crazy." I admitted to him.

"No you won't." He smiled as he ran his hand up and down my back.

"That's what you think."

"Come on let's get up."

"I don't want to." I said stubbornly.

"Just please, Amy. Let's not waste anymore time before I leave."

"Fine, but I need to take you somewhere before you leave tonight."

"Oh I like surprises."

"If you want to call it that then go ahead."

He laughed as he slipped off his hoodie and dug through his suitcase for some fresh new clothes.

All day afternoon Kennedy and I walked around the town and had dinner. I was about to take him to where I wanted to the first night I arrived here.

We were now in front of my dad's home sitting on the hood of one of my dad's old trucks, Kennedy's left arm wrapped around me as we finished our ice cream cones. Once I was finished with my plain vanilla ice cream cone, like the ones you can get for a buck at McDonald's, I wiped my hands on my jeans, and hopped off the car. I turned around to see him stuffing his face with the last end of the cone. It was adorable I couldn't help but smile. He too wiped his hands on his jeans as I came closer. I took his hands in mine and said: "Let's get going." Walking backwards trying to get him off of the truck.

"Where are we going?" He asked after swallowing the last bit of his ice cream.

"You'll see." I answered going into the direction of the woods.

"Amy, no. We are not going in there."

"Why not?"

"It's the woods. It's almost dark out here. That can't be safe. I already told you there could be some crazy person in there. Plus, I don't want to end up cleaning another bloody arm of yours."

"But Kennedy, how am I going to show you what I wanted to show you?"

"Find another way, but we're not going in there."

I looked at him with a straight face and he gave me that look that meant that he had won this conversation. At least that's what he was thinking.

Why does he have to act so grown up? I thought for a moment and just decided for myself. To hell with it was my answer. I ran into the woods, but without seeing his face that showed me that he couldn't believe I just took off anyways, then followed me.

"Amy! Get back here!" I heard him yell from behind me. I was far up ahead of him and kept running to where I wanted us to go. "Amy!" He just kept calling out as if I was a little kid running away from their parent on purpose playfully.

"We're almost there, Kenny!" I yelled.

"This isn't safe, Amy!" He yelled back.

Once I made it to the spot I stopped and felt Kennedy's arm grasp mine.

"Don't do that again." He said trying to regain his breath. I didn't listen to him. I looked out into the horizon. I could faintly here him "scolding" me. "Amy, are you even listening to me?"

"Kennedy!" I said interrupted this time actually pulling that Kanye move on purpose. I grabbed his face in my hands and turned his head to the direction of what I was looking at.

He stayed quiet for a moment and then finally wrapped his arms around me. I snuggled into him and said: "It's really pretty isn't it?"

I took him to see the sunset. I know it's cliche and shit, but while I was wondering around I found this abandoned side of the forest that had an even better view. The first night I arrived here I said I had to take Kennedy out here before we left and I didn't mean for it to be this soon, but it was what I needed to take my mind off of him leaving for now. I needed this nice night alone with him.

He eventually forgot about getting mad at me for running off here and we began walking back to my dad's house. Kennedy didn't exactly need to pack his clothes since he was coming back and he was only going back home. So we waited in the living room for my mom to arrive. My dad had walked by and sat down on a one seat chair and tried to jump into our conversation.

"How has ya's day been?"

"It was good." I answered.

"Good. Did you do anything exciting?"

"I had to chase Amy in the woods." Kennedy said.

"Why were you in the woods?"

"She wanted to show me the view of the town."

"That sounded nice."

"It was." Kennedy confirmed. There was an uncomfortable amount of silence after that small talk until my dad began talking again.

"If it's okay with the two of you, when you come back Kennedy, we should try to get to know each other better. I mean you have been dating Amy for a while now and I don't know a thing about you..."

"Dad." I said pulling a Kanye yet once again.

"It's okay, Amy. I really do feel like I should get to know your dad."

"We can all go out for dinner one day." My dad suggested.

"Sounds like a plan." Kennedy said smiling.

I didn't smile or anything. I didn't like the sound of that. I know my dad couldn't be able to scare Kennedy, but I didn't want to have anything to do with him and I didn't want him to get to know Kennedy. He hasn't for years so why now? The door knocked and we all knew now my mom was finally here. She walked in and said hi to me giving me a hug then walking over to my dad to chat.

3rd P.O.V.

"How has it been going along?" Charlotte asked her ex-husband about their daughter.

"Not well, Charlotte. She is spending every waking second with the boy."

"You can't expect her not to."

"She is too attached to him." Everytime the mention of Kennedy as the boy or him came out of her ex-husbands mouth it dripped with a sense of disgust, but then again he didn't know why his only daughter was too into "the boy."

"Don't say that."

"She is."

"I told you if you can't try to accept Kennedy then you might as well let me take Amy along with us right now."

"No! Look, I already arranged a dinner with the two of them. I want to know why she is so into Kennedy."

"Kennedy has done a lot for her and I hope that by the end of these two weeks you realize why she is like this or else this whole thing was pointless and a waste of not only hers, but your time." Charlotte lastly said before walking over to the front door waiting on Kennedy to say goodbye to Amy.

End of P.O.V.

Kennedy hugged me one more time. "I'll be back in two days try to have fun." He said and kissed me lightly.

"I'll try." I said not making any promises, but that's what he wanted to hear.

"It's all I ask." He said shrugging and then waited for my mom to finish speaking with my dad. They quickly wrapped up their conversation and soon she was walking out of the house with Kennedy to the car and they were gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title credit: "Finders Keepers" - You Me At Six

Visual of Kennedy for this chapter.

The usual, it's been way too long, but I atctually don't have a lot of homework this weekend. I hope this makes up for it, even though it's a long ass filler type of chapter to me. I know this chapter doesn't even give you a hint of who that guy was in the woods, but I'm thinking he might just be in the next one.

I also have a Josh Franceschi story about to come out soon. I don't know if anyone is interested in that, but ya should check out anyways whenever I post it, yeah?

Leave comments please.