‹ Prequel: Love Story
Sequel: Second Chances

Love Bites

Chapter 7

Jacob and I instantly started to pull the red bike apart; Jacob did most of the talking which didn’t bother me or Bella, sometimes Jacob’s natural talkative nature was really good but it was something you had to get used to. Jacob was talking about our friends Quil and Embry; Bella mentioned that they were usual names then Jake explained that you shouldn’t say anything about their names because they will fight back. Suddenly we heard Quil yell Jake and my names from outside; Jake yelled back to let them know where we were. I introduced them to Bella; I nearly burst out laughing when Quil flexed when he shook Bells hand, Embry greeted Bella shyly like normal.

“So what are you guys doing?” Quil asked looking around at us.

“We’re just fixing these bikes up” Jake replied; Quil and Embry started asking questions so I went to stand beside Bella who was sitting in the rabbit’s front seat.

“Better let the boys be boys” I smiled watching my three favourite guys talking among themselves. After a while Bella slid out of the rabbit and started to walk outside.

“We’re boring you aren’t we?” Jake asked looking apologetic.

“No, I just have to cook dinner for Charlie” Bella explained.

“Ok well Jake and I will finish taking these apart tonight and then we’ll figure out what we need to rebuild them. When do you want to work on them again?” I asked Bella; I knew Jacob, Quil and Embry would be waiting for her answer too.

“I could come back tomorrow?” Bells offered looking from me to Jake and back to me.

“That would be great!” Jake said cheerfully.

“If you two make a list of parts then we can go shopping for them” Bella smiled a little; wow that’s a surprise but it very good surprise.

“I still don’t know if we should let you pay for everything” Jake said unsure.

“Don’t worry about it; if I’m getting you two to fix the bikes for free and giving me lessons then I’ll pay for the parts” Bella said sternly; we have to agree with her now.

“Fine” Jake and I signed at the same time. I heard Quil whisper something to Embry but I didn’t catch it; I looked over to see Jake hit Quil over the head.

“That’s it, you guys out!” Jake mumbled.

“No wait I really have to go so I’ll see you guys tomorrow” Bella said before giving me a hug and walking towards her truck.

“If you two even take one step on our property tomorrow I swear you will not be able to move for a very long time” Jacob threaten; I giggled when I saw Quil and Embry roll their eyes, but they stood up and left. After dinner Jacob and I went back out to the garage so we could finish the bikes; it didn’t really take us that long to pull them apart, then we started making a list of the parts we needed. I wrote the parts down while Jake figured out what we needed; I must say that it was very good team work but it’s always like that between us.

It was bucketing down with rain when I wake up this morning; I walked into the kitchen to see Jacob and Dad were already up, but that’s normal I’m normally the last one to wake up. I ate some breakfast and then went to get changed before Bella showed up; I was walking down the stairs just as I heard the rumble of the truck, Jacob was out the door in a flash.

“Hey Bella” I hugged her when she walked through the door.

“Hey Alex” She hugged me back; Jacob gave Bella of a tour of his room while we waited for Harry to take Billy to Charlie’s place. Once they were gone Jacob told Bella our plan for today; we were going to go to the dump first to see what we can find, these parts are going to get expensive if we just buy them all. We all climbed into Bella’s truck; I wasn’t about to take my nice clean car to the dump in this weather, not when the parts are going to be wet and muddy. I could tell the Bella was actually having a lot of fun with Jacob and I; even at the dump where it was all wet and muddy, it was great to see Bella like this again. I froze when Jacob mentioned the hole in the dashboard; I knew that the stereo Emmett, Rosalie and … Jasper had brought her for her last birthday used to be there, but Bells seemed fine talking about it. After we finished at the dump we headed for Checker Auto Parts in Hoquiam; but in Bells truck it took more then 2 hours, maybe we should have taken my car. Jacob and I were talking non-stop again; I had just finished telling Bella about the time Quil asked out a senior who had a boyfriend.

“Sorry Bella we’re doing all the talking again” Jacob apologized.

“No it’s fine I like hearing about your friends” Bells replied smiling over at us.

“Why don’t you take a turn? What been happening in Forks? I haven’t really been up there for a while” I said trying to get Bella talking more.

“Nothing much; I like hearing about your friends, their more exciting then my friends. I like Quil; he’s funny” Bella said.

“I think he likes you too” Jake mumbled.

“Quil likes most girls. Remember all those years that he liked me; thank god he got over that” I said looking at Jake.

“Anyways he’s a bit young for me” Bella told us.

“He’s not that much younger; only a year and a few months” Jake said and I got the feeling that he wasn’t talking about Quil anymore. That started them off on talking about how old they really were; it was funny to listen to and I would throw in a question every now and again. When we reached Checker we had to regain our focus; Jake and I found everything that was left on the list and that made us very excited, we couldn’t wait to start working on the bikes. When we returned back home we saw that Dad still wasn’t back so we didn’t have to sneak the parts into our garage; Jake and I spread all the parts on the ground in front of the bikes, we got to work instantly with us still talking and laughing. I faintly noticed that it was getting dark but then we all heard Dad calling for us; Jake and I started to quickly pack up some of the more important tools, Bella got up to help but she didn’t really know where to start.

“Don’t worry we’ll fix it up tonight” I assured her; she looked slightly grateful when she I said that.

“Don’t forgot about you’re homework or anything” Bella replied looking guilty.

“Bella?” I heard Charlie yell from outside; he sounded a lot closer to the garage then Dad it.

“Shoot!” Bella murmured.

“Coming!” She yelled out to her dad.

“Let’s go” Jacob said throwing his arm around my shoulders and grabbing Bella’s hand; we started making our way towards the house. It was normally easy for Jake and I to walk on the uneven ground but it got slightly harder when it was dark; all three of us were tripping which made us laugh harder. We saw Charlie standing on our back porch and Dad was sitting in the doorway behind him.

“Hey Dad” We all said at the same time; that caused us to stay laughing harder if that was even possible.

“Billy has invited us for dinner” Charlie said slowly taking in our smiles, laughs and Jake’s hand that was around Bella’s.

“My super secret recipe for spaghetti. Handed down for generations” Dad said cheerfully.

“I don’t think Ragu’s actually been around that long” Jacob snorted making Dad rolled his eyed playfully. Everyone walked into our house which was now crowded; the Clearwater’s were here! I greeted Harry and Sue with a hug; I waved to Leah who was on our phone and Seth tackled me in a bear hug. We couldn’t all fit at the table so we moved outside; everyone was talking non-stop while we ate, the men talked about the game, Charlie and Harry made fishing plans, Sue teased her husband about his health, Jake talked to Bella and Seth, and I talked to Leah and sometimes Seth. Overall it was a great night; I knew Bella was enjoying herself which was good, I was slightly disappointed when everyone left. Next day at school was slightly better then usual because Bella was slowly starting to get back to her normal self; I talked to her more now because she was actually talking back to me, I gave her a long and detailed update of the bikes which made her extremely pleased. I was talking to Jessica and Angela when Bella sat down near us but no one seems to take any notice; I was so glad when Jess got over not talking to me last summer, she wasn’t to happy when I left her to hang around with the Cullen’s.

“So where’s Ben today?” I asked Angela.

“He’s got a stomach flu; hopefully it’s just a 24 hour thing, he was really sick last night” Angela explained quietly.

“What did you two get up to this weekend?” Jess asked uninterested; but I was interested at least someone was in a good and happy relationship.

“We were going to have a picnic on Saturday actually… but we changed our minds” Angela told us; her voice was edgy.

“That’s too bad” Jess replied sounding bored.

“What happened?” I asked; all my attention was now focused on Angela.

“Well we drove up north, almost to the hot springs but we saw something” Angela said in her quiet voice.

“Saw what?” Jess asked now with interest.

“I don’t know. We think it was a bear; well it was black anyway but it seems too big” She told us; I froze in my seat, so Angela has seen it too. A few weeks ago I was looking out my window in my room before I went to bed; I looked towards the forest and I swear I saw this big dark animal staring at me, I blinked to make sure I wasn’t dreaming but when I opened my eyes again it was gone. I haven’t told anyone about it because I thought I was just seeing things but now I wasn’t so sure.

“Oh no don’t you too! Tyler told everyone that last week; besides no bears have ever gone that close to the resort” Jess snorted rolling her eyes.

“No, she’s right. We had a hiker in just this Saturday saying he saw a bear; right Mike?” Bella said which made everyone around us look shocked because Bells hasn’t been the most social person lately.

“Mike?” Bella asked again when no one said anything.

“Sure. Yeah I remember that guy; he said that he saw a huge black bear right at the trailhead but it was bigger then a grizzly” Mike explained still looking shocked that Bella was talking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments.