‹ Prequel: Love Story
Sequel: Second Chances

Love Bites

Chapter 9

Jacob and I agreed that we wouldn’t take Bella motorbike riding for a week or so; we didn’t want anymore trips to the ER, and we didn’t want her to pull her stitches out. So now that we weren’t riding the bikes; Jacob and I didn’t know what we could do with Bells, she did say that once she find a beautiful clearing in the forest that she would love to find again. I had a feeling that it was Edward who found it and then he took Bella there with him; Jacob tried begging me to come but we both know that I’m not the best hiker around, and it’s not my favourite pastime. So I just let them go; it’s not like I would miss anything because I knew Jacob would come home and tell me exactly everything that had happened; very little detail would be included.

So after I ate some lunch I decided to take a little walk through the La Push forest; I knew I would be fine because I know the forest like the back of my hand, I was always taking walks through them. I was walking along one of the many paths through the forest; I was taking my time and enjoying the peace and quiet, it felt good to have some alone time as well. Ever since last summer I haven’t really had that much alone time; Jacob has been constantly watching me, he goes wherever I go. I didn’t really realize where my feet were taking me until I found myself at the edge of the treaty line; I kept walking for a while until I needed to sit down on a fallen log for a little break. After a while of sitting there I had the strangest feeling that I was being watched; I looked around but all I could see as forest, I felt uncomfortable so I stood up and began walking back towards home.

I heard a twig snap behind me; I whipped my head around but saw nothing, I then started to walk faster but I tripped over a vine. I saw that my head was going to hit some rocks so I closed my eyes; but the impacted never came, I just felt two cold, hard, strong arms catch me. I froze and my body stiffed; I was pulled back up to my feet, and as soon as I was standing I ripped myself out of the arms. I turned around walking backwards; I didn’t know who it was but I knew what it was. I stared at the beauty that was standing in front of me; he had brown shaggy hair that fell into his golden eyes, his skin was snow white, he was a bit taller then me, his body was lean and didn’t have to much muscle, his clothes were modern so he fitted right in.

“Hello” His voice was smooth, warm, friendly and velvety.

“Hi” I said quietly looking into his gold eyes; he was a vampire but he was a vegetarian vampire.

“My name is Spencer Platt” He introduced himself smiling a big dazzling smile.

“I’m Alex Black” I replied a little bit more comfortable.

“What are you doing walking in the forest all alone?” Spencer asked interested.

“Umm… I just wanted some alone time” I said slightly confused as to why this vampire is talking to me.

“Hmm” He muttered thinking about my answer.

“Can I ask what you’re doing here?” I asked; Jasper had told me that his family met other vampires that where passing through but I never thought I would met one on my own.

“Well I was looking for someone; I heard that she and her family lived around here” He replied taking a few steps towards me at a human pace; I counted him with a few steps backwards.

“Please don’t be afraid of me” Spencer said sounding hurt; I hurt his feelings, just great now I feel bad.

“I’m sorry it’s just that I know what you are” I whispered; I didn’t want to hurt him anymore or worse I didn’t want to make him angry.

“You do?” He asked shocked.

“Yeah I knew some vampires that used to live here” I mumbled looking at the ground.

“What was their last name?” He asked eagerly.

“Umm… it was… Cullen” I breathed; it was hard to even think their name, let alone say their name.

“Are they still around?” Spencer’s eyes brightened with happiness.

“No they left a few months ago; I don’t know where they went” I told him as I watched all his happiness despair.

“Oh… well can I ask how you know about us?” Spencer asked interested again.

“Well it’s a long story but I dated one of them” I told him; it was weird because it takes me ages to open up to strangers like that, but Spencer seems so nice and friendly that it’s hard not to talk to him.

“Could you please tell me more?” He asked and I don’t know if it was stupid or not but I agreed. We sat down on a log at the opposite ends which I was used to; he asked me all these questions about dating Jasper, it actually felt really good to talk to someone. I so should have done this a long time ago because it feels like this heavy weight was lifted of my chest. I had to go because it was starting to get dark; Spencer asked if we could talk more tomorrow and I agreed but it had to be after school.

I walked back into my warm house to hear Dad making dinner in the kitchen; Jacob was waiting for me on the couch in the living room. He jumped up when he heard me walk into the house and he grabbed my hand; I sat on the couch next to him and he told me about his day.

Bella and Jacob were hanging out after school again and I walked back to the spot where Spencer found me; I looked around for him but I heard a chuckle from above me, I looked up only to see Spencer was sitting in a tree. I smiled when he jumped down gracefully; we sat on the same log and talked more about the Cullen’s, I was starting to wonder why Spencer wanted to know about them so much.

“Spencer why do you want to know about them?” I asked him.

“Well you know Esme Cullen?” He asked and I nodded; of coarse I did, she was like a mother to me.

“Well her maiden name is Platt” Spencer explained to me; wait I was so confused now.

“Wait isn’t that you’re last name?” I asked growing more and more confused.

“Yes it is. Esme Cullen is my aunt and I have been tracking her down for a long time now” Spencer explained to me slowly.

“Oh wow” I gasped shocked; that’s so weird and it was hard for me to get my mind around.

“I know and when I finally think I’m going to see her again; I learn that she gone” Spencer said sadly.

“Oh I’m sorry Spencer” I apologized.

“It’s not you’re fault Alex” He assured me smiling his breathtaking smile.

“So tell me more about you’re family” Spencer said leaning forward slightly; that made me tell him about everyone, my real parents and my adopted family, Spencer found my life so interesting it looked like he was mesmerized. I noticed that the sky was getting darker; the sun was setting so the sky turned a dark orange and purple, it was so beautiful. Suddenly I felt Spencer stiffen beside me; I looked over at him to see that his face was covered with worry and curiosity.

“What is it?” I asked my eyes darting around the forest but of coarse I couldn’t see anything but forest.

“Something smells awful and it’s getting closer” Spencer said standing in front of me protectively.

“You should go home Alex” Spencer told me; I stood up and started running towards home, the tone Spencer used scared me a little.

Image

Name: Spencer Platt
Age: 103 but looks 20
Personality: Laid back, down to earth, nice, kind, protective, friendly, talkative, sweet, open minded.
Background: Spencer was born in Columbus, Ohio. He is the nephew of Esme Cullen; his father was Esme’s brother. Spencer was walking home at nighttime when a group of drunken men started to beat him up for no reason; they left him to bleed to death. A vegetarian vampire, Mark, found him and decided to change Spencer so he didn’t die; Spencer followed Mark around so he could learn how to be a vegetarian vampire. Mark had talked about a coven of vegetarian vampires; when Spencer found out his aunt was among them he decided to leave Mark and find the only family member he had left. Spencer doesn’t have a gift but he brought his friendliness when he was turned; so no matter who you are you will like Spencer.