Beneath the skin there's some else's story

Marcia's P.O.V. 3

Two months passed and we were happier than ever.

I stretched out slightly in the bed Nicks arms were wrapped around me loosely. I could feel him gentle slid them away from me and get off the bed. I opened my eyes slightly, he had left the room. The phone rang once before I heard Nick talking to someone.
“Hello? No, no, no oh come on, please. Don’t do this. Really. I think I actually love her. No I haven’t told her anything. What do I even say? Hey, I’m the one that caused your baby to die by strangling it in my demon form and made your boyfriend become alcho9holic but when you didn’t kill yourself I possessed him to try and kill you or force you to kill yourself. But then I ended up falling in love with you? Life doesn’t work like that. She would hate me. I know I’ll be cursed; not hurting her will literally kill me if I don’t find a way out. No, if you tell I’ll be cursed. No, I just can’t hurt her, even if I did want to, I couldn’t. Leave? Fine, three weeks and you won’t know where I am. No, I can’t. Three weeks.” The phone slammed down loudly. I felt numb. Demons aren’t real I thought but something inside of me knew that despite what Nick was at the moment. He wasn’t Nick. I heard him talking to himself as he entered the bed room. I sat up
“What was all that?” I asked my eyes searching his for a moment he looked terrified like he was battling something. “Nick?” I asked my voice higher than usual with panic. I was right. It all had been too good to be true.
“That’s not my name.” he said his voice deeper than it usually was his eyes were becoming a deep black while his skin paled. “It’s Charlie.” He said I scrambled off the bed in fear pressing myself against the opposite wall.
“Charlie?” I asked remembering the strange phone call I had gotten so long ago when the person had seemed to accidentally call Nick Charlie.
“You’re lying.” I managed to gasp “Tell me the f**king truth!” I screamed my head light, the room seemed to spin as I saw Nick, no, Charlie reach out to touch me. Then the world became black.

“Will you be calm now?” I heard Charlie ask me, I struggled again but saw the uselessness and relaxed.
“Yes,” I hissed through gritted teeth, slowly my vision was given back to me. We were in an old run down hotel room. “Where are we?” I asked as he let go of me pulling away from him.
“I can’t tell you.” Charlie said his face sad.
“Well, at least tell me something.” I demanded my face heated with anger. He smiled at me
“Keep your voice down. My name is Charlie; I am a demon who was put in charge of ruining your life about seven years ago. I studied you and your boyfriend for four years and when you became pregnant I sent a demon duplicate of myself to kill the baby. I placed the want for alcohol in your boyfriend’s brain. But when he started to hurt you it hurt me as well because I had let something grow that was more than apathetic. You see us demon can have relationships where we talk and such but if someone disappears it doesn’t affect us. And then out of the blue I had this strange feeling I didn’t know what to call. But when your boyfriend didn’t kill you and you didn’t commit suicide I was sent to kill your boyfriend’s soul and to posses his body, inherit his skin to try and force you to kill yourself or to kill you. But I couldn’t. I had seen you, felt the way your skin felt against mine. I couldn’t physically kill you and it was going to kill me. I was failing, screwing up, and when my supervisor, Eddie called he was warning me that Satan was going to actually come and see if I was doing my job right. If he finds out I will be cursed and so I was going to take you on a vacation. But you over heard me arguing and guessed it all right so I had to take you away by force.” He explained I stared at him. My mouth gaped dramatically like a fishes.
“Everything is your fault?” I asked, he nodded, and my body felt like it was paralyzed. I finally had someone to blame, but I didn’t want to.
“Why, why, why, why?” I asked repeating the same word over and over and my legs came out from beneath me causing me to hit the carpeted floor.

My eyes fluttered open. Someone was holding me rocking me back and forth.
“Charlie, don’t.” I said pushing my self away from him feebly my body felt weak.
“No, you actually went into shock. I’m not letting go until you are calm not still freaking out and tense.” He said tightening his gripe.
“Let me go, why do you even care? You’ve just spent countless years trying to completely obliterate me and destroy my life.” I hissed beating my fist uselessly against his muscled chest.
“Remember when I said you had thawed me out? Well you really did.” He whispered his voice soft and reassuring.
If you peel away the armor is it too late to begin
Is there anybody hiding if you peel away the skin
“It’s just, I had really thought he had forgotten, forgiven, and actually loved me again.” I whispered
“I’m sorry, I meant it when I said I’d never hurt you again.” He said leaning his cheek against the top of my head. I sighed
“The thing is I thought I had fallen in love with him all over again, but really all I did was fall in love with someone else in my boyfriend’s body.” I laughed slightly at my comment and how strange it seemed. He smiled
“Well that seems to be pretty normal when I say that I fell in love with someone I was trying to kill.” He said, I smiled
“We’re pretty screwed up.” I muttered as I fought to keep my eyes open eventually falling into a dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah!!!!!