Must Be Something In The Water

The End Is Not Here

I lied in my bed and my face felt so warm. My skin prickled and I flew awake and touched my arms and legs. Keith was sitting by my bedside.

"Are you okay?" Keith asked me.

"Yeah, I just had the most horrible dream. What am I doing home and what are you doing here?" I asked.

"You passed out by the lake my dad said that you were suffering from exhaustion. Have you been sleeping good?" he asked.

"I don't know, I just keep having these dreams." I said to him rubbing my arms.

"About worms?" he asked.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"You kept on mumbling something about them. Does it have something to do with the Shelbies?" he asked.

I shook my head.

"The Shelbies are gone everything should be going back to normal but I've been having these headaches and..."

"Headaches?" he asked.

"Yeah everytime I go near the lake I feel like there's someone, or thing in the lakes using my head as bongo drums." I said.

"Wait you still think there is something in the lake?" Keith asked.

"No, I think that we're not the only one's on earth that the Shelby crisis wasn't the only one of it's kind. It's just the only one we've dealt with." I said.

"You think the cat's out of the bag now?" he asked.

"I think that Alki is attracting some freaky creatures and if we don't take care of them we'll be expecting more invasions." I said.

"So, what should we do?" he asked.

I climbed out of bed and stood up and walked to my mirror.

"I don't know. I just wish that everything would go back to normal." I said looking into the mirror. I gasped and turned around to look at Keith.

"What?" he asked.

I looked back in the mirror.

What I saw didn't look like Keith. I looked back at him unsure. He fixed his glasses and I closed my eyes held my breath and looked back in the mirror.

When I opened my eyes. I saw creepy crawling creatures under Keith's skin wiggling up and down his arms and legs.

"Nothing." I finally said declaring that I have completely lost my mind and that this was going to be a very long. Very drawn out week.