Sequel: What Can I Say?
Status: Completed! : )

Black Keys

Black Keys

Image Image

Melody laid in bed, bandages wrapped around her arm. She was heart broken, to say the least. She barely noticed the pain in her arm, all she felt was the pain her heart felt. She tried to deny the fact that she had fallen for Nick but when she saw him kissing Kay she knew she couldn't deny it any longer. Seeing him kiss her and the heart break that came is what made her see she really did love him. He was her everything, he made her see the world differently. She loved him. Melody knew what she had to do to get over this heart break. She was going to live her dream and write music. If there was one thing Nick taught her, you need to live your dreams.

Nick sat on the plane back to L.A. his thoughts on what happened with Melody. He held the song he wrote about her in his hands rereading it over and over again. He didn't know why he kissed Kay back, he wasn't thinking straight maybe. He hated the look Melody gave him when she pushed him away. He needed her, and not just because of the music. He loved her. He really loved her.

"Hey bro, what's up?" Joe asked sitting down next to Nick.

"Nothing." Nick said digging in his carry on bag.

"What are you doing?" Joe asked.

"I'm changing this song." Nick said as he pulled a pencil out.

"Why? Its a great song." Joe asked confused.

"Its not good enough." Nick said crossing words and whole lines out. "It has to be perfect.

Joe watched as his brother worked rewriting the song. An hour later Nick handed the song to Joe. As Joe read the song he tried to imagine the girl that had effected his brother so much.

"Its amazing Nick."

***********************

10 Months later June 26th

Nick sat at his white piano beneath the stage his heart racing as he waited to rise and meet the screaming crowd. The stage rose and he could feel the excitement from the crowd. As the stage rotated his fingers find there way to the Black Keys.

"She walks away the colors fade to gray." As he began to sing the crowd erupts, but he keeps going. He imagines Melody is the only one there with him. Her bright eyes watching him intently. "Every precious moments now a wast
She hits the gas hoping it would pass
The red light starts to flash its time to wait
And the black keys never looked so beautiful
And a perfect rainbow never seemed so dull
And the lights out never had this bright a glow
And the black keys showing me a world I never knew, no,
World I never knew

She hates the sun 'cause it proves she's not alone
And the world doesn't revolve around her soul, no,
She loves the sky 'cause it validates her pride
Never lets her know when she is wrong
And the black keys never looked so beautiful
And a perfect rainbow never seemed so dull
And the lights out never had this bright a glow
And the black keys showing me a world I never knew, no."

Nick paused as he thought of what to say. He wanted to make this speech different then his others. While he thought his hands continued to dance across The piano keys. He thinks about what he would say if Melody was there.

"This song." Nick paused to allow the screams to die down. "This song, is about falling in love. This is the kind of love that you find once in a life time. They may not look model beautiful but rainbows eventually fade don't they?" He paused again to gather his thoughts. "This song was written for a girl that was my black keys. With out her I never would have written a song again. She brought music back into my life. And when she left I realized every other "perfect" rainbow will fade. All I need is my black keys."

Nick picked up the speed of the song and began to sing.

"Yeah, when the walls start closing in
Don't let them get inside of your head
Don't let them get inside of your head
Don't let them get inside of your head
Don't let them inside

'Cause the black keys never looked so beautiful
And a perfect rainbow never seemed so dull, oh,
And the lights out never had this bright a glow
And the black keys showing me a world I never knew

Don't let em get
(Don't let em get)
Inside of your head
(no)
Don't let em get inside of your head
Don't let em get
(Don't Let em get)
Inside of your head
Don't let em get inside of your head

Sometimes a fight is better in black and white."

As the song ended Nick looked out at the crowd of fans. He could have his pick of any of them, if he really wanted. He could quit right now and walk away from everything. In this moment he could change his whole life.
♠ ♠ ♠
last chapter!!! but the sequel is in the works, It might be a while before that gets posted though. i hope you like this one! leave comments, they make me want to write!
: )

p.S. I bought Who I Am today, did anyone else? what's your favorite song off the album?