Sequel: What Can I Say?
Status: Completed! : )

Black Keys

Still Dreaming

Image Image

"My heart starts to pound now to the rhythm of yours. You're so angelic, you're words so symphonic. Touch your lips to my soul, eat this sorrow away. How am I so lucky I found you?"- Still Dreaming by Silverstein

Melody and Nick walked down the bustling streets of New York City in search of something to do; they would occasionally stop to look at an interesting shop window. They finally stumbled upon a small Mexican restaurant, where they now sat.

"So I know you like to play piano, what else do you do?" Nick asked before taking a bite of his food.

"Honestly, piano is pretty much my life." Melody began smiling. "No one really understands and my music."

"Yeah. It was like that with me at first." Nick admitted shyly.

"Really?" Melody asked surprised.

"Yeah. I got made fun of for being on Broadway."

"You were on Broadway?" Melody asked amazed.

"Yeah." Nick said his modesty coming out. " For a couple of years."

"That's so cool." Melody said. " My mom used to take me to shows all the time."

"Used to?" Nick asked his curiosity getting the best of him."

"Yeah she died five years ago when I was twelve." Melody replied sadly.

Nick was at a loss for words. He didn't want to give the cliche "I'm sorry" like everyone else.

"So you're seventeen?" He asked deciding a change of subject would be best.

"Yep." Melody said happy for a change in subject. She hated telling the same story over and over again.

"I'm turning seventeen next month Nick said happily.

"Well happy early birthday." Melody said with a laugh.

"Thank you." Nick said smiling.

They ate in silence for a few minutes. Then Melody asked the asked the question that had been on her mind all day.

"How long are you staying in New York?"

"Two weeks." Nick answered.

Melody nodded her head and starred at her empty plate. She didn't like the thought of Nick leaving, he was the only thing she looked forward to now.

"Which means we have to hang out as much as possible." Nick continued with a little smile.

"Sounds good." Melody said grinning from ear to ear.

Nick finished his food and they walked out of the restaurant.

"Can I walk you home?" Nick asked sweetly.

Melody was hesitant to answer. As much as she would love for him to walk her home she didn't want him to see where she lived.

"I don't-"

"Please?" Nick interrupted.

"Oh fine." Melody said giving in.

Nick smiled and laced his fingers with Melody's, causing Melody to blush. Nick pretended not to notice the deep red color Melody had turned.

"So what kind of music do you play?" Nick asked as he watched the passing cars fly by.

"Mostly classical, some covers, and my own compositions." Melody said a happy tone to her voice. She loved talking about music.

"Yeah, that's really cool."

Melody smiled up at Nick, he smiled back at her. Melody liked how he seemed interested in what she had to say.

"Thank you." Melody said. " What do you play? Well besides the obvious."

"The only music I play revolves around the band." Nick said a sad tone to his voice.

Melody looked up at Nick, the sun outlined his face perfectly making him look like an angel. But this angel looked sad and lost. Melody squeezed his hand reassuringly.

"At least your playing." Melody pointed out.

"Yeah."

They walked in silence just taking in the scenery around them. Like the old man walking his dog and the family of three walking down the street. To the rest of the world this might of seemed boring, normal, but to Nick and Melody this was art, beauty. Melody smiled as a tune came to mind.

" Why are you smiling like that?" Nick asked. He had been watching her as she surveyed the things around her, a small content smile on her face.

"I just thought of a new song." Melody explained.

Nick smiled but it didn't reach his soul. He wished a song could just come to him like that. It had been months since he had thought of anything.

"Do they come to you like that a lot?" He asked his voice low.

"Yeah sometimes. If I see something or hear something that inspires me."

Nick remembered when he could see something and a song would instantly come to mind. He would love if that would happen to him again. His brothers hoped a little break might help him, so they planed a two week vacation.

"I've been in a slump when it comes to my music." Nick said quietly. " This vacation is supposed to help me."

"Don't worry you'll be writing another hit song again." Melody replied just as quietly. She looked up and saw a big fancy apartment building in front of them. "This is my stop."

Nick looked up at the building impressed. This was defiantly a nice building.

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow." Nick said pulling Melody into a hug.

"You will?" Melody asked. She wrapped her arms tightly around Nick.

"Yeah I'll come by your work."

"Alright." Melody said. She pulled out of the hug and waved goodbye as Nick walked away.

She walked into the lobby of the building and waited for Nick to be out of site before exiting the apartment building. She walked quickly down a side street filed with trash, and at the end of the street a brick building with the words 'New York Home For Homeless Youth' written in big black letters across the front. This is why she didn't want Nick to see where she lived, she didn't want him to know she was homeless.

Nick walked back to the hotel he was staying at a soft melody running through his mind. He smiled to himself as he thought of Melody and more of the song came to him. He was finally writing a song.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait I've been kind of busy. But at least I updated now. =].
Comment! Subscribe!
p.s. follow me on twitter (mylifeismusic26) and you can pester me about updating or ask me questions. I'll follow you back just tell me you're from mibba. I'll even post some hints as to whats going to happen next =].