Sequel: What Can I Say?
Status: Completed! : )

Black Keys

You Are The Music In Me

ImageImage

"Your harmony to the melody it's echoin' inside my head. A single voice above the noise and like a common thread." - High School Musical Cast.

Nick hummed the soft, slow, tune as he walked back to the hotel; he had an extra bounce to his steps as he walked. Anyone passing by could instantly tell he was beyond happy. Some how Melody brought music back into his life and in just one night together. At the hotel he went to his brothers room and knocked twice. A few seconds later his older brother , Joe, opened the door.

"Hey." Joe greeted. He walked back to the couch he had been sitting on.

Nick walked into the room and quietly shut the door.

"Where's Kevin?" Nick asked as he joined Joe on the couch.

"Bathroom." Joe replied his eyes never straying from the TV.

Nick looked ahead of him, not really seeing anything, and drummed his fingers against his thighs. He even started humming; with a smile on his face.

"Kevin!" Joe yelled.

Nick jumped out of his thoughts and looked at Joe wondering what was with the sudden outburst.

"What?" Kevin asked walking into the room.

"He's back!" Joe exclaimed. He jumped from the seat and did a happy dance.

"What?" Kevin and Nick asked in unison.

Joe sighed and stopped his happy dance; "He's back." He repeated slowly.

When neither Kevin nor Nick made any indications of understanding him Joe rolled his eyes.

"Nick is back! He was drumming fingers and humming! He has a new song" Joe said jumping up and down.

Kevin smiled then turned to Nick; who was looking at his feet.

"Is that true?" Kevin asked.

"Kind of." Nick admitted shyly.

"Kind of?" Joe asked confused.

"I only have the melody right now. And I'm not sure what to do with the song." Nick said frustrated.

Joe nodded his happiness draining and Kevin sighed. Nick hated disappointing his brothers in any way.

"But give me a few days and I should have it." Nick added in a fake smile plastered on his lips.

The look of joy on his brothers faces made Nick sad because he wasn't sure he could keep his promise.

Joe and Kevin sat down on the couch; the three brothers watching TV quietly. Well until Kevin broke the silence.

"So who is she?" He asked glancing at Nick.

Nick looked at his brother confused, "Are you talking to me?"

"Yes." Kevin said rolling his eyes.

"I really don't know what you are talking about."

"The girl who inspired the song, who is she?" Kevin asked again.

Nick's face flushed and he quickly looked away. "There isn't one."

"Right. Then why did you just react that way?" Joe asked smirking.

"Come on Nick just tell us." Kevin said annoyed.

Nick closed his eyes and pictured Melody's breath taking smile, he couldn't help but grin.

"Her name is Melody." Nick said opening his eyes; he looked at his feet and waited for his brothers teasing.

"Is she hot?" Joe asked.

Nick looked up at him and glared.

"No." Nick said, "She's beautiful."

"Aw, little Nicky's in love." Joe said pinching Nick's cheeks.

"Quite it Joe." Nick said pushing Joe's hands away.

"Tell us about her." Kevin said. He turned the TV off and faced Nick.

Nick smiled, "She's amazing. Every time she smiles I want to smile, and when she laughs she just glows. She is so passionate about music - it really amazes me - that's one of the best things about her. She isn't like any other girl I've ever met; she makes even the prettiest girl look dull."

Joe smiled and glanced up at Kevin; they were both thinking the same thing: Nick's got it bad.

"She sounds really cool." Kevin said. He turned back to the TV and turned it on.

"I wanna meet her." Joe said winking.

Nick shook his head and looked away. He smiled as he thought about Melody and how she is the music in him.

****************************************************************************************************

Melody laid in bed later that night; her thoughts on Nick. Ever thing about him mesmerized her: his amazing smile and musical laugh; the way his eyes seemed to look straight into her soul; his obvious good looks. To Melody these were all just superficial, anyone can look like that. She loved the simple things about Nick, the way his face lights up when he laughs; the way his smile takes up his whole face; the far off look he gets when he is in deep thought; and most of all she loved the small sparkle in his eyes when talked about his music. Everything about him amazed her and made her fall for him more and more each day. She thought back to the song she had started to write and how it fit him perfectly. He was the music in her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait! I hope this makes up for it =]. Tell me if you like it!
I changed some things on the previous chapter, just small minor details, and put a banner up.
If I get some more comments I will update this weekend, promise.