The Blue Channel

Not So Silent Departure

January 14th, 2007

Embarrasment probably highlighted what I felt at the moment, along with idiocity.
As I was still crying my eyes out I could hear my parents arguing downstairs, only making things worse as usual. Though, how any of this could get any more mortifying than it already had been for the past five days was beyond me.

Thinking about it made it worse.
About how everyone had been in on it all along, how there was no way anyone that popular could ever go out with me. Even worse, everyone (even my parents) knew how I had stupidly given up my virginity to him.

He didn't care.
Of course he didn't. It was all part of the job.
Flirting with me, holding my hand, kissing me, and getting into my pants were all part of the bet.

He had won.
Three hundred dollars was what he won for being able to 'pretend' to date me, the fat girl.

Another sob escaped my throat and I did the only thing I could think of.
Grabbing the light blue picture frame that he had given me not even a week ago, I threw it across the length of the room, making it shatter as it fell to the floor with a crash.

It didn't matter.
It was only worth five dollars at most.

My chest heaved again, I felt as if I was suffocating.

That was when she came to comfort me, the only one that wasn't being paid to like me.
I wasn't paying particular attention to anything, I just grabbed ahold of her and continued sobbing.
Ruining her shirt as I cried on it.
But she didn't care.

"You are worth more than just three hundred dollars."

And that, apart from making me cry more, made the love I had for my mother increase to impossible heights. However, the next few words she said made me love her more than I loved even him before any of this had come out.

"We're moving."
♠ ♠ ♠
Please, please, please tell me what you think.