‹ Prequel: It just ain't living

Would you carry me to the end

Chapter 1 I guess we never really moved on

Six months had passed since Sienna had passed Mikey’s wife, She had died from cancer.

Mikey hadn’t moved on from the love of his life but he had certainly learnt how to deal with his grief and with that he found that he was able to deal with it a lot better, over the time Mikey had also formed a close relationship with his father in law Phillip.
Phillip truly cherished the friendship he had with his son in law as he counted Mikey as one of his own children. It had been good for both men to form a friendship as they were able to help each other through the grieving process over Sienna.

Mikey felt as though he was ready to get back in to the swing of things and get back on the tour with MCR, he’d had time off when Sienna was sick with her cancer to care for her, but he felt ready and he knew that Sienna would be proud of him that he was slowly picking up the pieces and moving on with his life, as he saw it he was taking it day by day.

Sitting down with the guys and there management; Mikey announced that he wanted to go back on tour, Everyone was a little shocked as they weren’t sure if Mikey was ready.
Gerard spoke “Mikey you don’t have to do this if you don’t want to, we don’t want you to feel as though you are being pressured”
“That’s the thing Gee I don’t feel pressured..I want to do this, I know Sienna would want me too”
“Dude I think it’s awesome” Frank replied giving Mikey a brotherly hug

After the finer details were worked out it was decided that Mikey would be joining up with MCR when they started there Projekt Revolution tour, that was still 3 weeks away. Everyone agreed that was the best decision so that if Mikey decided he couldn’t go ahead with it, he would have enough time to think about it and back out if he wanted to.

After the meeting Mikey decided to go to the cemetery where Sienna was buried, parking the car he walked over to where Sienna’s headstone was. Putting some fresh flowers in the vase Mikey spoke to his dead wife.
“Baby I spoke to the guys today and told them I am wanting to go back on tour. I know you would be proud of me, I wish you were here so then I could take you with me. But I know you will be watching and that makes me happy. The guys were concerned but I know deep down they are happy and glad that I want to do this”

Mikey continued talking and after a short time drove over to Phillip’s house were he told him the good news
“Michael (Phillip still couldnt come to terms with calling Mikey, Mikey yet) I am very proud of you and so would Sienna, It is wonderful that you are getting your life back together, I remember telling you it would take time and it seems that time has worked”
“Yeh I think it has” Mikey said agreeing
“So when do you leave?”
“In three weeks, they wanted to give me some time incase I change my mind but I cant see it happening..I really want to do this and get back out there again”
Well it better not be goodbye Michael..You will have to call and let me know how your doing”
“I will I promise...Well I better go..I’ve gotta let my parents know”
“Alright then say hello to Donna and Don for me....Oh before you go I found this in the attic it is filled of paperwork and photo’s of Sienna..I thought you wouldn’t mind going through it and seeing if there is something you may want to keep” Phillip said handing over a large cardboard box
“Yeh sure...That would be great”

Leaving Phillip’s with the box in hand, Mikey dumped in the back of his car and drove back to his parents house where he had been staying for the last six months while he tried to move on with his life.

Getting home Mikey carried the box up to his room where he decided that he would have a look at it later and see what was in there. Going back down stairs he saw that his mother had just arrived home from work and his father was sitting on the sofa watching TV, Seeing her son Donna walked over “So dear how did your meeting go?”
“It went great Ma...I told everyone I wanted to go back on tour” Mikey replied with a smile
Donna looked shocked while Don turned from the TV and looked up a this son
“Mikey are you sure this is what you want to do?” Donna asked
“Yeh Ma it is...I feel ready and I know Sienna would want me too, she wouldn’t want me wallowing around here...I think I need to do it...I need to move forward and I think this is the next step”
“Well son I’m very proud of you..You are being very courageous and your mother and I will support you in any decision you make” Don said
“Thanks Dad” Mikey replied

Having some dinner Mikey decided to call it a night, he was itching to check out the box that he had in his room to see what was in there. Unbeknownst to Mikey he would be in for the shock of a life time.

Going upstairs Mikey got changed and settled on his bed where he started to go through the box to see what was in there.