‹ Prequel: It just ain't living

Would you carry me to the end

Chapter 13 I want too....

Walking around the back stage area of Project Revolution with Jaslene, Mikey was enjoying the anonymity. Jaslene was quiet and happily eating her ice-cream while taking in the atmosphere of everything that was going on around her.
“Daddy do I have to go to bed tonight, I want to watch” Jaslene asked
“Bubs it’s too late for you , maybe another time”
Mikey wasn’t prepared for what was to happen next, Jaslene let out a shrill and started to stamp her little feet in her Dorothy the dinosaur slippers “I want to watch tonight” she wailed
People were now starting to turn around and take notice of Jaslene “Jaslene! Stop this please” Mikey replied in a stern voice

This only made the situation worse Jaslene was on the verge of a full blown out temper tantrum, screaming louder and dropping her ice-cream tears started to fall from her scrunched up face “no” she screamed even louder ‘I want to watch tonight”

By now Mikey was unsure of what to do everyone had started to turn around as Jaslene had slumped her body on the ground and was kicking and screaming a the ground while pounding her little fists yelling “I want to watch”

While she still screamed and cried Mikey scooped Jaslene up in his arms and carried her back to the bus where Frank was sitting there correctly tuning his guitar, hearing Jaslene he got up to see what was the matter.
“Dude why is she screaming?” Frank asked
“She’s having a tantrum coz I won’t let her watch us tonight” Michael replied
Jaslene’s crying had now turned in to loud sobs and giving Mikey a dirty look
Mikey had placed her on the sofa and told her to sit there while she calmed down, Jaslene spoke” I want to go…Fankie can I watch?”
“Jazzy you need to ask Mikey and I think he said no” Frank replied
This only started Jaslene off again with her wailing “Daddy please can I go?”
“Jaslene…I’m sorry but the answer is no, If your going to whinge then I think you might need to have a time out and go and relax on your bunk please and when your ready you can come and apologise”

Jaslene looked up at Mikey with a sad face and walked off to her bunk where she snuggled in to her pillow and let out soft whimpers.
Frank looked at Mikey “so how long has she been like that for?’
“Not long…she was fine and then all of a sudden when I said no she just blew up, You may have thought she was bad in here, well she was worse out there, kicking and screaming…I didn’t know what to do”
“Well are you going to let her watch tonight?” Frank asked
By now Gerard had also walked in “Let who watch?”
“Jas” Frank replied
“She’s asleep then that would be stupid Mikey” Gerard replied
“She wanted to watch but I said no so she cracked a tantrum”
“Oh”
“It was funny….she went nuts in here” Frank said laughing
Jaslene had gotten out of her bunk and skipped along towards Mikey as though everything was forgotten “Daddy” Jaslene replied
“Yes Jas?”
“I’m sorry” Jaslene said giving a Mikey a hug around his legs, picking her up he gave her a kiss on the forehead and decided to forget about what happened, though he still wasn’t going to let her watch the concert tonight.

Finally it was time to get ready MCR would be going on in an hour and Jaslene still wouldn’t go to sleep she’d had her dinner and had a shower but rather then putting her PJ’s on she had decided she wanted to play dress up’s where she had found Gerard’s make up and started to put it on her face where it ended up going all over her clothes.

Mikey was sure she was just pushing boundaries to see how far she could get and he was fine with that but at the same time he also wanted her to know that he was only going to accept it in small doses.

20 minutes before MCR was to go on stage, Jaslene was still running around the bus refusing to go to sleep, Mikey had put her in her bunk in which a minute later she would get up and want to play, He could see that she was very tired but new at the same time she was determined to stay up and watch her new Daddy play music.

As it was time for the boys to go on, Worm was left holding Jaslene as they walked through the back entrance, Jaslene blew Mikey a kiss and he blew one back, he knew he couldn’t be upset with her, she was just like her mother determined to do what she needed to do.

While the 1st set was being played, Songs off the black parade album, Jaslene could hardly keep her eyes open but she tried as hard as she could, Once the guys began there 2nd set Sienna had fallen asleep in Worm’s arms. As Worm couldn’t leave the stage he passed her to one of the minders who put her to sleep in her bunk and tucked her in.

When MCR’s performance had finished, Gerard finally found the time to speak to Mikey “Mikes what’s going on with Jas calling you Daddy”
“Um...She asked me if I was her new Daddy and if she could call me that and I said yes”
“Are you sure you want to do that, what happens if you don’t get custody?”
“Gee I know your trying to look out for me but trust me I know what I’m doing and Jas and I are going to be fine”
“OK bro...know I’m here if you wanna talk”
“I know Gee...But everything will be fine” Mikey replied with a smile

Getting on the bus he noticed a female sitting there reading a magazine, looking at her he smiled and went to check on Jaslene, seeing she was asleep Mikey also noticed the girl had started talking to the other guys
“Hi” he said interrupting
She smiled and nodded too nervous to really say anything
“Did you bring my daughter back here?” Mikey asked
“Yes I did, she fell asleep after the first set so I stayed here to make sure she was ok”
“Well thank you”
“No problems” She replied as she said goodbye to everyone and went on her way.

Mikey thought nothing else of her, but what he didnt realise that she would soon make a big impact on his life.