Sequel: Hopeful Liars
Status: Complete

My Wings Are Black

Scream, No-One Is Listening

Image

Draco lounged in the master armchair in the Slytherin common room. The flames of the fire sent eerie shadows to dance across the cold stone walls and emerald tapestries, writhing like the snakes that adorned the Hogwarts House.

Draco’s eyes were half closed, his pale orbs surveying his court of students. He knew that here he was the Prince. They would do anything for him…except for one.

As usual, a flash of arousal ran through the hormonal teenager at the thought of the tall, strong Odette along with a tremor of anger. He longed to kiss those lips of hers, run his hands through her hair and order her to scream his name, bite his skin. At the same time, he fought the urge to close his hands around that delicate, swan like neck of hers, to watch her eyes widen in fear towards him. She infuriated him beyond belief, she made him feel a longing he did not know was possible and most of all she confused him.

But she was there for him…and deep down, however uncomfortable it made Draco feel he knew she was his friend…and she would be there for him till the end. She was a pureblood, brave and true.

As if on reflex, Draco clutched his forearm, tracing the shape of the ever prickling Dark Mark that was burned into his flesh. He shivered, he couldn’t fail or his life was forfeit…and that was true for Odette, for whatever she was ordered to do. And that drew them closer than most could dream of…for the Malfoy and Silver heirs faced more danger than most students could imagine, and the price of failure could not be thought.

Draco opened his eyes widen as he saw the familiar head of raven hair appear through the portrait hole. He smirked as he recognised the fury in Odette’s face. He loved when she was angry, it amused him and proved that she was a little bit human. Not the emotionless statue she was bred to be.

Odette stalked through the common room, not pausing as she swiped her wand at a third year in her way, causing an angry red welt to appear on the boy’s face. He yelped in surprise and pain, scampering away.

Draco watched in amusement as she disappeared and waited a moment. He looked at Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle and smirked

“I do love a woman that’s hot headed” he drawled, waggling his eyebrows obscenely. Crabbe snorted and Blaise just sighed, shaking his head;

“Malfoy…you got to learn…she’s not interested. She is far out of your reach. Besides, rumour has it she liked red heads”

Draco glared “What?”

Blaise smirked smugly “I noticed our little black Swan talking a little too closely with a certain Weasley twin. On second thoughts, maybe you should go up to her…I couldn’t bear to see our Princess in the hands of a weasel…”

Draco ignored Blaise, turning on his heel and levitating up to the girls dormitories. He didn’t have to search far to find Odette’s dorm. The door was carved with intricate designs with interlinked roses, and vines, their thorns evil and dangerous. Beautiful but deadly, much like Odette.

He didn’t knock, but turned the handle and walked in. He glared at the white snake that was curled around the bed post, it reminding him too much of Voldemort’s Nagini. He looked across to the white tiled bathroom, where Odette was leaning, undisturbed against the door frame, gazing at him.

He gulped, fighting desire as his eyes raked slowly up her scantily clad body. She was dressed in a short, lacy black nightdress and it didn’t leave much to the imagination. He met her eyes and flinched the underlying fury in them.

Odette was angry at Draco, but at herself and not for the first time did she wish she had fallen for the Slytherin Prince rather than the Gryffindor Goofball.

“Draco..” she acknowledged “To what do I owe this…pleasure”

Draco looked around the room “How did you get a room to yourself? I thought you shared with Pansy and Bulstrode?”

Odette pursed her lips, amusement flashing in her eyes “I bulled Severus into allowing me my own room.”

She stepped closer to Draco, rubbing her arm up his shoulder, resting it by his neck. He shivered underneath her as her mouth came close to his ear “It’s about time you realised Slytherin Prince…that I’m the Queen. And what I want…I get”

Draco didn’t hesitate as the words reached him to grab her, pressing his lips roughly against hers. She kissed him back as she locked her arms around his waist and they fell back onto her bed. He moaned as she sucked his neck, a smile reaching his mouth. At last.

~

Several days later, Odette was walking slowly towards her Defence Against the Dark Arts class, meandering her way down the corridor. It hadn’t taken the professors long to realise Odette wasn’t bothered with her schoolwork or classes and by now, her late arrivals had become regular.

“Odette!”

She heard him and closed her eyes, sighing for patience, not now…

“Go away Fred” she whispered, knowing he wouldn’t hear her. He didn’t and called her name again, running to catch up with her, skidding in front of her and stopping the girl in her tracks.

“Fred…” she began weakly

“Don’t Odette. You’ve been avoiding me, I know…I can feel it!”

Odette looked away as he continued “Just tell me Odette, is it true…please, don’t tell me it’s true.”
Odette looked into his eyes “I’ve told you Fred…if you knew who I was, you’d hate me. I’m a bad person whose done terrible things. You deserve better. Draco’s my match, not you”

Fred grabbed her arm, pressing her against the wall “Don’t say that” he growled “You know it’s not true.”

His eyes softened and he ran his hand down her face “I don’t care Odette, I don’t care what you’ve done. They’re just bad things, they don’t mean you’re a bad person”

He pressed his forehead against hers and closed his eyes “Don’t do this to me Swan”

Odette trembled, pushing him away from her “It’s over Fred…before it can begin, it’s over”

She walked away, a tear dripping down her cheek as she whispered the last words “I’m sorry”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Killa Vanilla for the amazing banner!The next two are also by her.
Hope you liked this overdue chapter, things are gettign complicated..we'll have a little bit of Mouldy Voldy soon too :P

Please check out my Draco Contest Oneshot Reflection