Status: Complete

Poster Boys For Your Scene

Chapter 21

"Melissa, are you awake?" Slowly, Melissa opened her eyes and saw a figure hovering over her. Once her vision cleared up a little, she noticed that it was Andy. It was apparent that he had been crying for quite some time because his eyes were puffy and his face was red. Melissa started to lift herself up, but Andy motioned for her not to.

"Wow you really scared me for a moment. Do you remember what happened?" Andy was close to crying again. He was legitimately scared that he was going to lose her.

"I think so. I remember almost drowning and my leg... Oh my god, it hurt so much. Did the shark get anyone else?"

"No, thank god. Me and Pete jumped into the water and tried to get the shark away from you. Pete actually fought off the shark while I pulled you from it's grip. Melissa, you lost a lot of blood and fell into shock. Your heart stopped beating in the ambulance and I thought... I thought..."

He was choking on his words. Melissa started crying and gave Andy the biggest hug she could muster her arms to give. Andy squeezed her tight to assure himself that she was still alive. I thought I lost you. I thought I lost you... He grabbed her head and pressed his lips into hers. Andy was so scared of losing her. He thought she was going to die. Andy pressed harder and with more love. He couldn't help himself. Every time he came back for another kiss, it made him feel safer. It made him feel like she wasn't going. Melissa kissed back with the little strength she had left. The painkillers were taking a lot out of her. Andy couldn't stop hugging her and kissing her.

"Don't you ever do anything to me like that again! I can't even-I don't know what to- There was nothing I could- Oh Melissa, I'm so sorry! I seriously thought I lost you. You lost so much blood. So much blood... You should have seen your face when you were being dragged under. You were so terrified. And I couldn't see you because of your red bathing suit, and I thought he took you and..."

Melissa put her finger to his lips and smiled. "I'm here, aren't I?" He smiled and grazed her lips once more. This kiss was heavy, steamy, and daring. Now he knew that Melissa loved him and she wasn't going anywhere.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Ali walked in the hospital room right in the middle of Melissa and Andy's hot make-out. She paused for a moment and admired her geeky little friend. Back home, Melissa could never convince guys to like her. Now she was scoring big with the drummer of Fall Out Boy. But she regained her composure and knocked softly on the door frame. They didn't notice. Andy was to into Melissa to notice anyone other than her.

"Well, I see you've joined us in the land of the living. Geez Andy, give her some time to breath! She just came out of a coma!" One last time, Andy kissed her and slowly pulled away, making a loud smooching sound when their lips parted. She smiled up at him and then to Ali. She came rushing to her side. "I'm so happy you're awake! I have to go tell the others. I'll be right back."

Ali walked into the waiting room. Jack, Patrick, Pete, and Morgan all looked up at her with worried glances. But Ali smiled and they all let out a big sigh. Everyone got up and went to Melissa's room except for Pete. Ali sat down next to him. "What's wrong? Why don't you want to go see her?"

"I can't tell you. Just please leave me alone. I shouldn't be allowed to see her."

"Why? You saved her life! If you didn't fight that shark away, it would have dragged her out and, well you know." Ali was rubbing Pete's cheek. He quickly swatted away her hand.

"Hey! Don't touch me! Go see Melissa and get away. I don't feel like talking to you."

"Don't be fiesty! Come here, you can let it out. I think you need a hu-"

Pete got up and let her fall on his chair. Being in that hospital room might be a good idea after all. He walked in, hesitant at first. Instead of being turned away at the door like he expected, he was actually welcomed with a room full of smiles. The biggest of all of them was Andy's. He got up and gave Pete a huge hug as he cried and thanked him endlessly for saving Melissa's life.

"If you didn't come, Pete, I don't know if she would still be here. Thank you, so much..."

Pete didn't know how to handle the situation. He was almost angry that they were treating him this nicely after he nearly tried to kill the girl in the hospital bed. Before he could think about it further,Melissa motioned for Pete tom come over to her. She opened her arms wide and Pete just collapsed into them. He started crying. How can she forgive me? I almost killed her! She is so nice. She doesn't deserve to be in this hospital bed.

"Pete, you saved my life. That thing that happened to you was beyond your control. You and Andy are the reason why I'm in this bed and not in a hole right now, do you understand me? Thank you!"

This made him cry even more. They sat there in an embrace for several minutes. Then he gave her a friendly peck on the cheek and went back to sit with Morgan. The weight of the world was off his shoulders, finally.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, how touching. =]
So I was just wondering, how many people actually read this? It says I have 32 readers and 4 subscribers, but who knows. PLEASE comment me and let me know what you think of the story! =]