Poker Face

Fourteen

I walked out of the mall sighing in relief at the silence, well the music on the over speakers was gone, of the outside world. June giggled as she bit her lip and started bouncing to keep warm. Carrie pulled her jacket close as she surveyed the parking lot.

“Thank God, I thot I was gunna die wit’ tha’ bloodeh music,” I groaned, placing my bags on the ground to zip my jacket up.

“Yea act like it’s the end o’the world,” June giggled. I sent her a glare that caused her to giggle some more.

“It’s a shame Kels couldn’t come along,” Carrie mumbled as she fixed her hair, still staring out into the parking lot.

“Lucky bugger is somewhere warm, I ‘ate ‘er guts,” I grumbled, “And I bet they aint playing annoyin’ Christmas music nonstop there,” I hiss, glaring back at the mall entrance. The wind picked up and rattled the falling snow around us, making me curse some more, “Fuck, where the ‘ell is Vegan?” I asked turning to Carrie; the two had started dating after the Halloween party, and life’s been good – sometimes – having three girl friends to partake in hating Bridgett.

She glanced at me before rolling her eyes, “Don’t yea think I’m wonderin’ that meself?” She quipped.

“Don yea two ‘ave a psychic connection or sumthin’?” I whined.

“Do yea and Mattie?” She retorted.

“Fuck off,” I mumbled turning away.

That’s when the van pulled in front of us and a window rolled down showing Vegan’s smiling face, “Ello ladies,”

“Oh thank God!” I rushed forward and pulled open the van door climbing into the back. June followed me and closed the door behind her while Carrie got into the passenger seat and kissed Vegan quickly before doing up her seatbelt. “If you’re gunna snog can yea wait till I’m ‘ome?”

Vegan turned to look at me, opening his mouth to say something when Carrie cut him off “She had a bad day,”

“Wot was so bad ‘bout finishin’ yer Christmas shoppin’?” Vegan asked as he pulled away from the building and joined the queue waiting to get out of the parking lot.

“Because fuckin’ Bridgett works at God damn Victoria Secrets. Fuckin’ knew she was a skank,” I grumbled sinking into my seat and glaring out of the window.

“I think yea need a good lay love,” June suggested soothingly.

Vegan couldn’t hold back the laugh, “Wot yea and Matt aint goin’ at it like rabbits?”

“Shut up!” I groaned.

“Matt,” Carrie scolded softly, “Leave her be, that bitch got her kicked out of the store,” Half of me was shocked to hear Carrie curse so casually.

“How’d she do tha’?” He questioned as he turned right and we were homeward bound.

“She said I fuckin’ stole sumthin’ so they escorted me out and searched my shit. They didn’t ban meh but like hell I’m goin’ back there!” I scoffed.

“I know, ‘ow bout I make yer a nice warm cup of rum an eggnog to make yer feel betta,” June grinned before placing a quick kiss to my cheek.

“Ma mum is home,” I told her.

“That’s why we go to ma house. Call yer mum and say yer stayin’ ova. My mum’s out and yer mum loves meh,” She winked.

“Alright, I suppose,” I nodded.

“Yer can even use ma mum’s Jacuzzi tub,” She sang.

“So can the fellas and us come over too?” Vegan asked after a moment of silence.

“After Dan’s cooled off o’course,” June beamed, “Nothin’ says Happy Christmas quiet like a ‘ouse party,”

****
I woke up to warm kisses up and down my abdomen, fingers pressing lightly into my hips. I held back a grin by biting my lip and reached down and grabbed the hands. They were warm and dry, and with a simple yank they brought their owner up to my face, who quickly pressed a kiss to my lips.

“Wake up love,” Matt whispered into my ear.

“I dun wanna,” I mumbled.

He chuckled and kissed my nose, “Yes yer do, if yea dun ye’ll kill meh when yea find out yer missed tha party,”

My eyes popped open, “Party?”

“Yeah, June’s throwin’ a Christmas party, now come on love. I got you a present,” His eyes twinkled mischievously.

Intrigued I threw back the covers and let Matt lead the way from June’s bedroom down to the living room. The party was already in full swing, everyone was here; including Oli minus his bird, though I had no idea how that could possibly happen. Lee was already giggling as June and Carrie were drunkingly styling his hair; I turned to Matt and pouted a bit “The parteh’s alreadeh been started,”

“June wouldn’t let meh wake yea up until yea got 2 hours sleep,” He sighed, “Come on,” He said heading to the kitchen.

“Is ma pressie in ‘ere?” I asked smirking lightly.

“O’course, in the fridge, go look,” He chuckled.

I scurried off and squealed once I opened the door and saw the big bottle of grey goose, “Awe Mattie, yer too sweet ta meh,” I sighed placing a big kiss on his lips.

“Wot can I say love,” He winked.

“Yer jus’ wanna get me drunk,” I giggled as we walked back into the living room.

“Shhh,” He chuckled.

Hours later everyone was drunk, Lee had curled up into a ball his mobile pressed to his ear as he whispered to Kelsie. Vegan had tried to tell him how much money he’d be spending but Lee shrugged him off and Vegan was too drunk to care that much. The rest of us were playing King’s Cup, and laughing endlessly, June was losing hard – meaning she was the most gone – but Matt had drank the mix cup twice.

Oli reached forward and grabbed a card, and turned it to face the rest of us “Five,”

We all groaned and held up our hands, three fingers ready to show off our strikes, “Go on mate,” Matt encouraged Oli.

“Never ‘ave I ever… fucked a bloke,” He smirked. The girls and I shared a look before putting down one finger each.

“Wanna play that?” Carrie asked, before grinning at me “Never ‘ave I ever fucked a girl,” She said proudly.

The guys cursed Oli for that easy loss, but the game moved on and I got out first, followed quickly by June. Carrie and Vegan followed next, apparently the pair were more kinky than anyone would have guessed. There was just three players left Oli, Matt and Curtis and they all only had one point left; and it was Oli’s turn. Everyone watched him intensely, watching as he groped for an idea that could win him the game; his face lit up suddenly and he gazed at me as an evil look crossed his face.

“Never ‘ave I ever fucked Dani,” He stated leaning back in his chair happier than a pig in mud.

My jaw dropped, and Matt and Curtis lowered their fingers and took their drinks, “Thanks for remindin’ meh,” Curtis mumbled glaring at his friend. Matt reached over and gave my thigh a tight squeeze and the game continued.

June pulled a Jack and grinned like a maniac “If yea draw an odd number, yea ‘ave to strip,” The boys all celebrated this new rule, and Matt was the first to pull off his t-shirt and give me a big wink.

By the time Matt was once again drowning the community cup, June sat proudly in her knickers while Oli and Vegan were also shirtless and Curtis was in his shirt and boxers. I had taken my socks off when I got an odd number, feeling self conscious still after Curtis’ comment and Carrie somehow didn’t get any odd numbers at all. Lucky bitch.

It was my turn and I pulled a 9, removed my t-shirt and then whined “I hate June’s rule,” The group laughed and it was Matt’s turn to whine.

“I hate that you wimped out and took your socks off,”

I lightly hit him and it was then Oli’s turn “My bird’s a bitch,”

We all sat stunned for a moment before Carrie chirped up “I ‘ave to pee,” That caused us all to laugh again and then we heard Vegan whine about Lee still being on the phone, June saying she wasn’t nearly drunk enough, Curtis complaining about how his mum is taking him to get a hair cut and then it was my turn again.

Lost for a moment I stared off into space, causing June to tease me asking if I needed to take a drink. I shook my head and bit my lip before sitting up straight and stare right into Oli’s eyes, “I hate that yer still datin’ tha’ cunt,”

Everything went dead silent, even Lee sat up on the couch watching us intently. Oli glared at me before standing up and walking away. “Go afta ‘im an’ apologize,” June hissed at me.

I was about to protest but then realised that she was right, I had disrupt the peace. They weren’t mad that I had said it, they were just mad that I pissed him off when he was finally hanging out with us again. Groaning I stood up and followed Oli, who had walked outside without a jacket on; I quickly pulled mine on and grabbed his and then stepped out into the cold December night.

“Oli, wot are yea doin’ goin’ outside without yer bloody jacket,” I hissed shoving it into his hands when he turned around to face me. He was livid but he quietly put his jacket on and then turned back around facing the empty street. “Oli, yea can’t be mad at meh,” I stated.

“Like ‘ell I can, yer don’t jus’ call Bridgett a fuckin’ cunt. Yea dun even know ‘er,” He seethed turning on me once more.

“Yea called ‘er a bloody bitch, I thought that was yea bloody wakin’ up, ‘cause I dun think yea know yer bird too well,” I cried out frustrated.

“I dun know ‘er? I’ve jus’ been datin’ ‘er for I dunno ‘ow long!” He shouted.

“Yeah but the bitch wont let yea ‘ang out with us anymore, she never leaves yer fuckin’ side an’ she ‘ates us all. She also makes yer life bloody miserable, we can all see that mate. Besides she is a fuckin’ cunt. Today she accused meh of theft at the bloody mall, I didn’t even touch a fuckin’ thin’ Oli, wot ‘good person’ would do that?” I hollered back, staring right up at him.

“Did she realleh?” He whispered after a long moment of silence.

“I know she poisons yer mind ‘bout meh, but I’d neva lie ta yea Oli,” I sighed.

“I know yea wouldn’t,” He mumbled before sitting down on the steps, I sat down beside him and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, “I’d tell ‘er off… if she wouldn’t kill meh for not tellin’ ‘er I was ‘angin’ out wit yea lot,” He admitted.

I glanced up at him, he looked sadder than I’ve ever seen him before, she really was making him miserable, “Why are yea datin’ her?” I asked him suddenly. “Honestly, I’m not bein’ a bitch righ’ now,” I added quickly, causing him to chuckle a little bit.

“Because I wanted ta try an ‘ave a long term relationship,” He admitted after a short pause.

“Why would yea want to do tha’?” I questioned, “Yea seemed ‘appeh wit yer short term birds,”

“‘Cause yer an’ Curtis made it look so easy!” He exclaimed.

“Olleh, wit Curtis an’ meh it was jus’ sex! Once he got too attached tha’ was it! Mattie is the closest I’ve ever been ta feelin’s and even that isn’t easy. Long term relationships aren’t easy, and they’re not goin’ to be if yer wit sum’one yer can’t stand,” I moved down to the step in front of him and turned to face him properly.

His face was scrunched up as he processed what I was saying, he then looked up connecting his eyes with mine, “But then what am I goin’ to do? Ever since yea’ve come ta town, I had ta watch yea in these seemin’ly perfect relationships. I wanted that… I wanted it wit yea,” He whispered the last part, his eyes glazed over.

I was stunned, those words, that expression, it was so raw. My breathing became shallow, this couldn’t be real; but from the look on his face I knew it was.

“Oliver,” I whispered, my chest constricted.

“Yea don’t ‘ave ta say anythin’ I jus’ wanted yea ta know,” He murmured.

Instinctively I reached forward and cupped his face, “I still dun get why yea’d put up with tha’ brod,” I murmured “It’s not healthy yea puttin’ up wit tha’ crap,”

“I jus’ picked the girl most unlike yea, I ‘ad ‘oped she’d make me forget yea, but she’s such a pain. All she does is reinforcing the fact tha’ yer perfect,” He confessed as he leaned forwards, his breath hitting my face.

“Oli, I can’t let yea stay wit ‘er if yea dun realleh like ‘er,” I told him.

“I can’t not ‘ave yea,” He breathed before lightly pressing his lips against mine. I pulled away quickly breathing heavily, “I’m sorreh,” He mumbled, “I shouldn’t of dun tha’, I can’t hurt me mate,” He said standing up and walking towards the door, “But yer right, tha’ birds gotta go,” He agreed before walking back into the house.

I stayed where I was on the steps, my fingers to my lips as I tried to process what just happened. Oli Sykes liked me, Oli Sykes called me perfect, Oli fucking Sykes just kissed me. After I had regrouped I went back inside, to find that I and Oli were the only ones sober enough to function. Lee was still on his mobile, only mumbling words now and then in between yawns while Carrie and Vegan were passed out on the floor curled up into each other. Matt was lying on the other chesterfield talking loudly about Alice in Wonderland. The most shocking was June straddling Curtis as they made out in the corner of the room, not even caring if they were obvious or not.

Oli was putting a blanket over Carrie and Vegan when I walked in, and after catching me staring at June in disbelief he gave me a reassuring smile, “I’ll deal with them, yea get Lee and Mattie,”

Nodding I walked to Lee and coaxed him to say goodnight to Kels, telling him that soon it’d be New Years Eve and she’d be back in his arms. He told her he loved her and then hung up; curling up into the blanket I gave him.

I then turned to Matt and helped him up, and led him upstairs to the guest room; saying goodnight to Oli before at Matt’s insistence. From June’s room I could here the familiar giggles of the two of them, I just shook my head and helped Matt into the bed and then crawled in myself, feeling sick and uneasy as Matt fell asleep holding onto me tightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave some love people. It's the best way to get updates.

x