I'm Hardly Worth Your Time

01

You see, being the new girl at a new school in a state I’ve never been to in my life fucking sucks. Maryland…just wear my dad wanted to move to after my mom passed away. I miss her so much you have no idea. But my dad wanted to get away from New Jersey, too many memories. So now I was in a brand new school knowing no one. Hate my life.

I walked into my homeroom and sat down in the back. All my teachers already knew who I was so it didn’t matter if they knew I was there or not. The principle appeared on the TV and gave news about the rules and other shit. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a bad kid; it’s just hard knowing that I’m here now and not in Jersey. The bell rung and I began walking to my class when I walked into someone. “Sorry.” I said while walking away.

“Just watch where you’re walking new girl.” I turned around and flipped her off. Preppy popular girls…hated them in Jersey, will hate them here. I walked into my history class and sat down in the second row. The teacher walked in started writing his lesson on the board. I just put my elbow on the desk and stared at the board. Summer vacation will be coming soon so I was pretty damn excited. Only a week left…then why was I in school? I didn’t need to take finals since we already did in Jersey…wow this is stupid! Oh well…my dad’s choice, not mine. I sighed and took out my notebook and wrote song lyrics and drew pictures. The teacher turned around and shook his head.

“Mr. Barakat, please take your hat off…again.” He said sitting at his desk. The kid next to me took off his hat and looked a little annoyed.

“Fucker.” He whispered to himself. I chuckled a little and drew a little bird in the corner of my paper.

“You thought that was funny?” I turned and the kid next to me was leaning on his elbow staring at me.

“Sure…” I said turning back to my paper. This kid scared me a little.

“I like your bird…and bag.” He liked my Blink 182 bag; maybe this kid wasn’t bad.

“Thanks. I like your…hair?” He just laughed to himself.

“I’m Jack and I’m in a band.” Smiling and sticking out his hand, I shook his hand and introduced myself.

“I’m Gloria and I’m from Jersey.”

“You’re new?!”

“Yup…”

“Please tell me you’re a senior and not a junior in a senior class.”

“I am a senior…but I don’t know why my dad put me in school.”

“Aw that sucks. So you can pretty much chill in your classes?”

“Yeah. I took my finals in Jersey early so I wouldn’t have to take them here.”

“Lucky. I’m gonna fail I know it.”

“Think positive mister!”

“Jack and Gloria stop talking!” The teacher yelled. Jack opened his text book like he was doing work but was too late. I just laughed and started drawing again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Good? Tell me what you think.=]