Status: Active

Solidarity

The divorce

It was a Sunday evening and I was listening to Oasis in my bedroom. There was nothing else to do. Tomorrow I had to go back to school because it had been the summer holidays. I was starting Year 11 tomorrow and I wasn't very keen on going. There was a knock on my door and I turned my music off.

"Come in!" I called.

My mum came in. My mum and dad have been having rows nearly all summer so I was expecting the worst.

"I need to talk to you." my mum said.

"Yeah?" I asked her.

"Your dad and I are divorcing. We've had enough of eachother. You can choose to either live with your dad or me. Nothing will be happening tomorrow that concerns you. You can go to school as normal." my mum explained.

I knew that this was going to happen so I just sat there, not saying anything. My mum looked at me with a worried expression on her face.

"Honey? Are you OK?" she asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Mum, do I have to go to school tomorrow?"

"Of course, darling! Otherwise you wouldn't be able to learn would you?"

I sighed and my mum left me. Sometimes this world was so boring. Why couldn't it be filled with adventure? That's what I want anyway. Not stupid parents that love eachother and then, suddenly, decide to divorce because they argued about one thing. My family was dysfunctional, I knew that. And I needed to get away from this family. I looked at my clock on my bedside table and found out that that it was 9pm.

I’d better get to bed, I thought.

When I got to bed I was suddenly overcome with emotion and I cried myself to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's not long or very discriptive. It gets better in chapter 2, I promise. Title inspired the song Solidarity by Enter Shikari. Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVPmZKGP2ts