Status: Busy with school so I'll have a hard time updating.

Playing Match

Chapter 3: Rumble

Lisa was surprised to see Jasmin in their class.

"Jas, aren’t you supposed to be resting?"

"I'm fine. K took care of me."

"Yeah. That’s good." Lisa said with bitterness in her tone.

Lisa remembered that she was a bit jealous of Jasmin as Kevin wiped her sweat and she would walked out of the room so they would not notice her real feelings.

"Jas, do you like K?"

"Yes!"

Lisa was horrid of Jasmin's answer. She now realized that Jasmin is her rival.

"What would I do now?" Lisa asked.

"With what?"

"Nothing."

"You know, you can tell me anything."

Lisa glared at Jasmin. But she sighed and smiled.

"It's fine." Lisa said.

"I might help you."

"No. I can face this on my own."

"Ms. Santiago."

Lisa and Jasmin looked at a girl who called Jasmin in her last name. The girl has a long curly black hair and large brown eyes. Her skin is fair and soft.

"Do I know you?" Jasmin asked.

Lisa and the girl glared at Jasmin for her rudeness.

"Well, you don't know me so I'll introduce myself. My name is Sharon Calla." she said.

"Ahh... K's ex!" Jasmin remembered.

Sharon was disgusted with her words.

"That's me." Sharon replied with bitterness in her tone.

"What do you want?" Jasmin asked.

"I want Kevin back." Sharon said.

Lisa and Jasmin were surprised and annoyed at the same time.

"You have to help me." she added.

"I'm sorry. I won't do it." Jasmin told Sharon.

"Why?"

"Because it is against my rules. K is off limits."

"That can't be."

"That's all. There is nothing I can do."

"So the rumors are true."

Jasmin and Lisa were puzzled.

"What rumor?" Lisa asked.

"Jasmin and Kevin are dating. Is it really possible that those two would become lovers?" Sharon asked.

"I wouldn't say that." Kevin said.

Kevin was standing by door.

"Kevin, what are you doing?" Sharon asked.

"Jas' classmates saw you entered this room. They were alarmed so they called me." Kevin replied.

“Is it true that you’re going out with this girl? I thought you treat her as your little sister?”

“This are different now, Sharon. Once you realize it, you won’t let it go.”

With those words, Lisa thought that Jasmin had won even before the battle has started.

“Are you in love with her?” Sharon asked as she pointed at Jasmin.

Jasmin was a bit puzzled. Kevin went near Jasmin and grabs her from behind.

“I am.”

“K!” Michael called.

Michael was a bit furious.

“I’m sorry. I never told you, El. I knew you’ll get upset.” Kevin said.

“Let go of my sister.” Michael told Kevin

Kevin released Jasmin as Sharon went out of the room. Lisa was holding her tears while Michael was controlling his temper.

“How could you? I thought you’re my best friend.” Michael told Kevin.

“I am. But it’s kinda embarrassing. I still remembered that bet we had before your parents got married.” Kevin said.

“So, you really like my sister, huh?”

“Right.”

“Do you know if she also likes you?”

“I don’t know yet but I’ll find out.”

“You really, really like her?”

“Yes I do.”

“Then you’ll have to face me. I’m your rival.”

“Rival?”

Michael was so serious about saying that he is Kevin’s rival but Kevin just laughed.

“You’re being protective to your sister. I get it.”

“That’s not the point.”

“I know. If I also have a sister, I’ll do the same thing.”

“No.”

“The class is starting. Race you back.”

Kevin ran. Michael l wanted to tell Kevin that he is also in love with his sister but Kevin was already far away.

It’s already dismissal time, Kevin, Michael, Lisa and Jasmin were outside the school. Kevin grabbed Jasmin’s arm and dragged her away from them.

“Sorry about earlier.” Kevin apologized.

“What was that about?” Jasmin asked.

“Sharon was bugging me so I have to tell a lie.”

“You sounded like you want me to do you a favor. Spill it out.”

“Jasmin, please, pretend to be my girlfriend.”

“G-girlfriend? Why?”

“You see, I planned not to have one girlfriend right now but some girls in our class are bugging me, especially Sharon. If you pretended to be my girlfriend then they’ll go away. I’ll tell you when we’ll stop pretending and break up.”

“It’s not that easy, K.”

“I know what you want. You want Michael and Lisa together.”

“You told me that you’re going to help me. You lied.”

“I was only thinking of their feelings. I’m still not sure if El likes Lisa.”

“It has to be Lisa. I know it’s her.”

“But I can’t do that.”

“Then I won’t be your girlfriend.”

“Fine. I’ll do it.”

“That’s great. So, we have a deal?”

“Deal.”

“From now on, I’m your girlfriend.”

“Who’s girlfriend?” Michael asked.

Kevin and Jasmin noticed that Michael and Lisa were there. They were both angry.

“How long have you’ve been there?” Jasmin asked.

“Just in time to hear that you’ve just become his girlfriend.” Lisa replied.

“Wait till we got home. I’ll tell mom.” Michael said.

“El!” Jasmin called.

“That’s good news!” Rolanda said when Michael told them about Jasmin and Kevin.

Lisa’s parents and Kevin’s parents are visiting their home. They were planning an outing together. Lisa, Michael, Kevin and Jasmin are surprised to see that their parents are taking this news lightly.

“This means that we really have to celebrate.” Michelle said.

“This outing is the perfect way to celebrate.” Betty added.

“Wait. You’re not angry?” Lisa asked.

“Angry? Why?” Alexander asked.

Michael uttered words that humans can’t understand.

“I get it. You think that we’ll get angry because Kevin and Jasmin are going out.” Alexander said.

“Dad.” Kevin called.

“We really don’t mind if it’s Kevin, El. We’ve known him ever since you came to our family.” Willie assured him.

“Then, this is fine, uncle?” Kevin asked.

“We don’t really mind.” Willie replied with a smile.

Kevin and Jasmin looked at each other with a smile. They are really pleased with their parents. Michael and Lisa are disappointed but they couldn’t do anything. Their parents gave Kevin a go signal so there is no reason for them to hide.

Lisa thinks that this is so unfair. She has always been beside Jasmin in everything she does but in the end, she doesn’t get what she has always wanted.

Michael thinks that the world is against him. There is nothing they could do but pretend that he is happy for Kevin and Jasmin even though deep inside him, he is already cursing his best friend.

Jasmin and Kevin think that this is not a big deal, after all, they are just pretending. Jasmin didn’t mind what her parents say as long as Kevin will help her. She’ll have to keep on doing this until Kevin says so.

Kevin thinks that this mess is hard to fix because once they pretend that they’ll break up, his mom will be very affected because she loves Jasmin very much.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking this part so long... I forgot my password... T.T