Through the Looking Glass

Alice?

"Y-you just talked?!" I panted, feeling insane.

"Um....yes?" It responded, as if it was completely normal.

"This...is...nuts." I whispered, fingering at the doorknob that made up it's nose.

"Hey, will you knock that off? It's very rude." I jumped back, tempted to sit on my hands.

Why do I feel so childish?

"Excuse me...can..can you tell me where I am?" I asked, giving up and just going along with my hallucination.

It scoffed, "Oh please, Alice, you already know where you ar-"

"Wait!" I interrupted, putting my hand over the key hole...um..it's mouth....keyhole...whatever. "What did you call me?"

It looked extremely confused. "Alice...it is you, isn't it?"

I shook my head.

How does he know Aunt Alice?

"Excuse me...do you possibly mean Alice, as in blond, sweet, crazy Alice?"

"Why yes, you silly girl. It's just like you to have forgotten yourself. But why on Earth did you call yourself crazy?"

Because I'm beginning to think I am.

"I'm not Alice...my name is Madeline. Alice was my aunt, but she lives at the hospital now...they locked her up."

"Why is heaven's name would they lock you up Alice?!" The door asked, appauled someone would treat Aunt Alice in such a way.

"She told stories of a crazy place....called wonderland."

The door giggled. "Well, that's no reason to be locked up!"

I rolled my eyes at the cackling door, my eyes landing on a table that hadn't been there before.

"What the...." I struggled to get up, reminding me I was in a dress, and walked over to it.

"A key?" I looked over to the cackling door, wondering if it was locked.

walking back over I fit the key in and unlocked it.

"Remember where you are yet?" It snickered. breaking into a fit of giggles again as I tried to fit through it.

To no avail.

"Acid land?" I muttered, looking into the large and wonderous garden on he other side of the door.

I fell back inside the room.

"This is insane." I sighed, glaring at the door as it kept laughing.

Rolling my eyes at it, once again, I walked back over to the table, this time finding a bottle.

"Drink Me"

I looked at the bottle in confusion, sniffing at it.

"he curious little drink tasted of Stawberry and roast turkey....blasted thing. I never should've left the key on the table. Saved me some steps it would've."

I glanced over at the key now resting in the door.

This is crazy.

I chugged the stuff, hey it really does taste like strawberries and turkey!, and felt my insides quiver.

"You're kidding." The room grew around me, my dress never becoming to large, as I shrunk. I tiptoed over to the cackling door, now the perfect size for me and walked through.

I froze in place, gaping at the world around me.

"You've gotta be shitting me..."
♠ ♠ ♠
pleeeeeeeaaaase comment? :)