Fly With Me

Thank You, Elvis.

Image

Jewel: The concert’s tonight, Ash! I can’t believe we aren’t going! My grandparents absolutely suck!
Ash: Lolz! Don’t be upset, the night is still young. =)
Jewel: What the heck! What is that supposed to be mean?
Ash: Nothing. =)
Jewel: What are you not telling me?


As soon as I pressed down the black ‘enter’ key to send the last message to Ashley, my grandparents walked in.

Jewel: Brb. The grandparents just walked in.
Ash: Alrighty.


I crossed my arms rudely and looked up at them and they smiled down at me, “What?” I asked with some what of an attitude.

My grandpa scoffed, “What’s with the attitude, missy?” he asked putting his hands on his hips like a woman which made my grandma and I laugh slightly, but then I stopped.

“I don’t have an attitude,” I said looking down, “Why do you think I have an attitude?”

“Because you’re not being your goofy self,” My grandma she said sitting next to me.

I frowned, “Well, what do you expect?” I asked raising my hands up in frustration, “My favorite band is playing tonight and you’re not letting me go to the concert.”

“Do you think you deserve to go?” he asked me, “You graduated over a year ago and you’re still bumming around the house.”

My jaw dropped, “I’m not bumming around,” I said to him, “I’m just taking a vacation, a long needed vacation.”

“A summer is a vacation,” My grandma said, “A year isn’t a vacation.”

I rolled my eyes, “I help around the house, too,” I pointed out, “I help with the boys all the time.”

My grandpa smiled, “That is precisely why we bought you these,” he said as he began to pull something out of his back pocket, “You’re a good girl, and we’re proud of you that you haven’t wound up like some of your druggy friends.”

He placed two Jonas Brothers tickets in my hand and I jumped up with complete joy.

“Holy shit!” I screamed and tackled my grandparents and gave them huge hugs, “Thank you so much!”

They both laughed lightly, “You’re taking Ash,” my grandma said to me, “She’s the only one of your friends that I approve of, and besides she already knew about this.”

My jaw dropped, “You guys were planning this behind my back,” I said in shock but smiled anyway, “Oh well, I don’t mind, oh my god, the concert is in two hours!”

“Be careful, please,” my grandpa said to me, “But have fun at the same time.”

“Gramps, you have no reason to be worried about us at a Jonas Brothers concert,” I said to him positively, “The only people that are going to be there are ten year olds and their parents.”

My grandma nudged him, “Told you we wouldn’t have to worry,” she said to him, “I’ve read about that band in the paper, they are good Christian boys.”

I smiled, “Yeah, so do I have your approval to marry Joe?” I joked.

My grandpa snatched back the tickets with a frown, “I think my mind is changing about all of this,” he said to me.

I groaned, “That’s not funny,” I said to him as he smiled and handed me back the tickets, “I have to get ready.”

They laughed at my enthusiasm and walked out of my room. I got back to my computer and saw three messages from Ash.

Ash: Now you know what I wasn’t telling you.
Ash: Answer me, woman!
Ash: I’m guessing they gave you the tickets already so I’ll be at your house in ten minutes! Love ya!

I read them all and shut down my computer.

What was I going to wear? I was going to see my favorite band and I needed to look absolutely perfect.

Ash barged into my room about fifteen minutes later.

“You’re five minutes late,” I said to her with a laugh, “I need help on what to wear.”

She smiled, “Where something you would normally wear,” she said as she began to go through my closet, “Don’t be a ‘Video Girl’.”

I rolled my eyes and laughed, “I’m definitely not the type to be a ‘Video Girl’,” I said to her honestly, “And you’re right, I should go casually, I have no one to impress.”

She grinned, “What about Joe Jonas,” she said and then began to laugh hysterically, “The love of your life.”

“Yeah, not to mention he’s the love of about a million other girls lives too, and not to mention he’s totally in love with that Camilla Belle girl,” I said to her as she through a pair of jeans and a tank top at me, “Ouch.”

She laughed, “Sorry,” she said apologetically, “And didn’t that chick dump him?”

I frowned and began to change into the clothes she had thrown at me, “That’s what the magazines say,” I said to her, “I feel so bad for him, he must feel so heart broken.”

“Well, maybe you’ll be the cure to his broken heart,” she said to me with a smile.

“I would if I had the chance,” I said to her truthfully, “He’s amazing.”

“He’s extremely weird,” she said throwing her hands up, “He dances in tights and high heels, for crying out loud.”

I laughed as I thought about his ‘Single Ladies’ video, “It was adorable,” I said to her, “I loved it.”

She shivered, “You’re insane,” she said as she watched me finish dressing.

We hung out in my room for an hour and watched the clock on my wall slowly move forward. As soon as it was six thirty we left my house and headed towards the venue.

“Are you excited?” Ash asked as she put in Lines, Vines, and Trying times into my car stereo.

I nodded, “Extremely,” I said honestly, “It’s going to be amazing, I know it.”

We made it to the arena and after we got our tickets checked we headed inside.

“Dude, these seats are amazing,” I said to Ashley as she nodded.

We watched the entire Honor Society set and danced to the song that they had showed the audience.

“Aren’t these guys really good friends with the JoBros?” Ash screamed into my ear and I nodded.

We then watched Jordin Sparks perform and sang along to the only song that we knew by her which was ‘No Air’, and after she performed we watched a new group called the Wonder Girls since about two songs.

All of a sudden the arena went pitch black and suspenseful music began to play.

Not only did my mouth smile but my heart did also and I got butterflies in the pit of my stomach just thinking about how I was about to watch my favorite band play.

The next thing I knew the spot light was on the stage and I saw three heads pop out of the hole in the stage and they began to come up.

Ash and I began to cheer crazily, as did the entire audience, as the three gorgeous boys began to play their hit song ‘Paranoid’.

I watched Joe, Nick, and Kevin Jonas play their heart out on stage and I enjoyed every second of it.

After a couple of songs Nick came up from the stage alone and he sat behind a beautiful white piano with a smoke around his feet. He began to make his speech on his diabetes, which I guarantee you had many in tears, including me.

Afterwards they played a lot of different songs and sprayed the crowd with white foam. I knew that the concert would soon be coming to an end and that saddened me, but I’m sure glad that I could to experience their performance.

“I’m hot…You’re cold…” They began to sing their hit ‘Burnin’ Up’, which meant that the show was over.

Ash and I continued to dance wildly and sing are heart out as if the band could actually hear us. After the song finished, I pouted to Ash and she shot me a sympathetic smile. The boys made their way around the entire stage and bowed in every single corner. The other performers which included the Honor Society, Jordin Sparks, and the Wonder Girls did one final bow and then the group disappeared.

“Wasn’t that the best concert you’ve ever been to?” I asked as Ash and I made out way back to my car.

She rolled her eyes, “It was good,” she said, “But it wasn’t the best.”

My jaw dropped, “How can you say that?” I asked in shock, “It was to the best.”

She shrugged, “Not for me,” she said dully.

When we reached my car I noticed it was tilted to the right too much, “What’s wrong with my car?” I asked as I examined it.

“I think your two tires are flat,” she said examining it also.

“Oh my god,” I said touching my two tires, “They are, ugh, I’ve got to call my grandparents.”

I dialed their number and I didn’t get an answer. I groaned in frustration, dialed again, and still no answer.

“Dude, they aren’t picking up,” I said to Ash, “I’m going to try one more time and if they don’t answer then we’ll have to figure this out on our own.”

I called again and sure enough they didn’t answer.

We leaned against my car, “Oh, well isn’t this just fantastic,” Ash said as she crossed her arms, “What are we supposed to do now?”

“How am I supposed to know?” I said as I watched the parking lot clear, “Woah, these people move fast.”

Ash nodded, “I know, I guess they just want to get out of here,” she said, “Anyways, wasn’t there a gas station a few blocks away?”

I nodded, “Yeah, there is, maybe if we walk there someone can help us,” I said brightly, “But wait, I don’t want to leave my car alone.”

She groaned, “I’ll walk there, it shouldn’t take long,” she said as she began to walk away from me, “But I’m not running.”

“Be careful,” I said to her, “Don’t let anyone pick you up and call me when you get there.”

She nodded and continued walking.

I watched everyone leave the parking lot and it was empty within fifteen minutes, but that didn’t really surprise me because we parked in the back of the building.

I didn’t feel like sitting inside my car so I leaned up against the driver door and closed my eyes and thought about how ridiculous I must look sitting in the middle of a parking lot alone.

After two minutes of sitting there with my eyes closed I felt a wet feeling on my cheek, it felt like a dog licking my face. My eyes jerked open and sure enough a dog was licking me, it was a beautiful golden retriever.

“Hey boy,” I said as I smiled at the dog and began to pet him, I absolutely love animals, “Where’d you come from?”

I stood up and began playing with him, “I might as well have some fun since I’m just sitting here,” I said to him as I laughed lightly.

“Elvis!” I heard a voice shout from a distance, “Elvis! Where are you? You stupid dog, ugh!”

My eyes widened as I looked down at the dog, “You’re Elvis Jonas,” I said in a whisper, “Oh my god!”

I looked towards the voice and none other than Joe Jonas was walking towards my car with a leash in his hand. I turned my back towards him quickly and began to fix my hair for no reason, I didn’t even know if it needed fixed it or not.

Shit, what do I do? I smell like dog now, how lovely! I can’t just stand behind my car and not even acknowledge him. I took a deep breath as I felt my hear pound inside of my chest and grabbed Elvis by his collar and walked around my car.

Here goes nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have some what of the next chapter written. But I'm not going to post it unless I have readers/subscribers. Basically until I know the story will do well. If you like the story and will continue to read/comment on it, please leave a comment saying so. Please and thank you! :)