Fly With Me

And it begins...

“There you are,” Joe Jonas said and then I finally made eye contact with him and he smiled at me, “Sorry, he’s a menace.”

I laughed, “It’s okay,” I said as I felt my cheeks start to burn, “I love animals, so I didn’t mind.”

“Why are you out here all alone?” he asked curiously as he clipped the leash onto Elvis’ collar and that’s when I noticed he still wore the necklace that was supposedly given to him by Camilla Belle, “It’s dangerous.”

I snapped out of my jealous state, “My car has two flat tires,” I explained quickly, “My friend walked to the gas station awhile ago to get some help and I think it’s more dangerous for you to be out here alone.”

He laughed, “That’s probably true, but everyone’s gone so I think I’m pretty much safe,” he said, “Unless you’re planning on kidnapping me.”

I laughed, “No, and besides I think you’re little guard dog here wouldn’t allow that,” I said petting Elvis’ head.

“Elvis? A guard dog?” Joe asked sarcastically, “That would never happen, he’s too nice.”

I smiled down at the dog, “I noticed,” I said honestly, “He kissed me and I’m a stranger.”

Joe laughed again, “Way to go, Elvis,” he said to the dog, “So, what’s your name?”

He’s asking my name! What’s my name? Ah, I forgot, wait, I remember!

“I’m Jewel,” I said grinning at him, “You’re Joe, I know.”

He nodded with a gorgeous grin, “That’s right,” he said surely, “Well, I don’t think you should be out here alone, Jewel, come back to the bus, we’re going be here awhile anyway.”

I shook my head, “It’s fine I’m waiting for my friend anyways,” I said to him, “I don’t want to intrude or anything.”

He shook his head, “I’m not going to let you stay out here alone,” he said with a smile, “You won’t be intruding on anything, this is our free time, and when your friend gets here she can come hang with us too.”

He wants me to hang out with him? Woah, no way. Pinch me now.

“Come on, please,” he said sticking his bottom lip out sadly.

Now how can I say 'no' to the most angelic face in the world? I can’t.

I sighed and smiled, “Alright, if you insist,” I said to him as his face brightened up again.

“Oh, I do,” he said making us both laugh, “Let’s go.”

As we walked towards the building the butterflies in my stomach began to fly around like crazy, “Are you sure this is okay?” I asked Joe nervously, “Do you always invite strangers onto your bus?”

He glanced at me with another one of his gorgeous smiles, “Actually, to be honest, I don’t, you're the first,” he said truthfully, “So you should feel special.”

My cheeks began to burn, “I do,” I said softly and then we reached the bus and he did this weird knock.

“It’s our ‘secret’ knock,” he explained to me, “Helps us identify the fans easier.”

I nodded understandingly as the doors opened, “Come on,” he said grabbing my wrist and practically pulling me inside.

“Did Elvis run away from you again, Joe?” Nick Jonas said as he approached us, “Who’s she?”

“Yes, your dumb dog is crazy,” Joe told his brother, “Well, I guess I shouldn’t say he’s dumb, because he found Jewel.”

“You’re Jewel?” Nick asked me, “My brother has a hard time explaining things.”

“Yes, this is Jewel,” Joe said rolling his eyes, “And I do not have a hard time, I just have a short attention span.”

“Not to mention a low IQ,” Nick said making me laugh and Joe frown.

“Must you embarrass me in front of my new friend?” Joe said to his brother as he crossed his arms.

“I’m your little brother, that’s kind of in the rule book,” Nick explained, grabbed Elvis’ collar and turned around to walk to the back of the bus.

“I don’t have a low IQ,” Joe said scratching the back of his neck nervously which made me smile, “Actually it’s pretty high, I just -”

But I cut him off, “There’s no need to explain yourself,” I said to him with a laugh, “I know you’re not stupid.”

He smiled, “Good,” he said in somewhat of a relieved tone, “Come on, and let’s go to the lounge area, everyone’s there.”

He grabbed my wrist again and made me follow him, “You’re very persistent,” I said to him with a laugh.

He nodded his head, “I get that way when I’m nervous,” he said as he opened a door.

Nervous? About what?

Behind the door was the whole Jonas family which consisted of Mr. and Mrs. Jonas, Kevin, Nick, Frankie, and of course Elvis the dog.

Woah, I feel out of place.

“Glad you didn’t lose the dog again, Joseph,” Mrs. Jonas said to him, “You’re finally learning how to be responsible.”

Joe rolled his eyes, “I’m responsible,” he said which made everyone laugh including me.

“Who’s your friend, Joe?” Kevin asked as he sipped from his cup.

Joe then placed his arm around my shoulder which made my body shiver, “This is Jewel,” he said with a grin, “She was by herself outside because she has two flat tires and her friend walked to the gas station for some help.”

“Bet you didn’t think you would meet my son tonight, did you sweetie?” Mr. Jonas said to me, “I could tell by the look on your face.”

I shook my head, “No sir,” I said to him honestly with a nervous smile, “That was the last thing that I thought.”

Awhile later I was seated at the end of Joe’s bunk and we were talking about random things.

“So, how old are you?” he asked me as he rested his head against the back of his bed.

“Nineteen,” I said to him as he smiled.

“I just turned twenty,” he said to me as if I didn’t know that already, “I’m sure you already knew that though.”

I nodded, “Guilty,” I said to him with a smile, “Happy Belated Birthday.”

“Thank you,” he said with a laugh, “So…”

I laughed nervously, “So…what?” I said because I couldn’t think of anything else to say.

“Who’s your favorite Jonas?” he asked crossing his arms with a grin on his face.

I put my finger to my chin and began to scatch it, “Hmm, good question,” I said trying to build up a dramatic effect, “You’re my favortie.”

“Sweet,” he said with a content smile, “You made me nervous for a second there.”

Just then my cell phone began to ring in my pocket, “Excuse me for a second,” I said to him, got up from where I was seated, walked towards the front of the bus and answered my phone, “Hey Ash.”

“Dude, where are you?” Ash asked in a worried tone.

“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you,” I said laughing lightly while I leaned against the wall and then I noticed Joe walking towards me with a big smile.

I smiled at him, “Just tell me,” she said impatiently, “Did you get kidnapped?”

I laughed, “No I didn’t get kidnapped,” I said as Joe laughed.

“Who was that laughing?” she asked in a panic, “Are you with a guy?”

“I’m in the Jonas’ tour bus,” I said to her honestly as Joe watched me with a smile.

“Quit lying and tell me where you are!” Ash said to me and then Joe took the phone out of my hand.

“Hi!” he said enthusastically into the phone as my mouth dropped, “I’m Joe…” He then pulled the phone away from his ear quickly and waited a couple seconds, “Wow, you have some lungs…No, I didn’t kidnap her…Now I’m considering it…We’re on the bus…Okay…Bye.” He then handed me my phone.

“What did she say?” I asked him curiously.

“First, she wanted to know if I kidnapped you, then she wanted to know where you were then she said she was alone in the parking lot too and we better go get her or she’ll pound me,” he explained in one breath, “And she sounds pretty scary so come on.”

He grabbed my hand and we got off of the bus, “Why is she alone? She was supposed to be bringing help.” I said to him.

He then came to a stop, “Aren’t you satisfied with my help?” he asked with a frown.

I grinned at him, “Of course I am,” I said to him surely making him smile, “But are you a mechanic?”

He shook his head, “No, but I’m Joe,” he said confidently, “I’m much better than a mechanic and cuter.”

I laughed, “I agree,” I said softly as he threw another smile my way.

We finally reached my car and saw Ash standing there, “I can’t believe you’re standing next to him and not freaking out,” she said calmly and then looked at him, “She’s in love with you.”

Oh my god, how embarassing.

“I’m not in love with you,” I said to him quickly making him smile and then I looked at her, “Tell him I’m not in love with him.”

“But that would be lying,” she said crossing her arms as I continued to glare at her, “Fine, she just thinks you’re ‘drop dead gorgeous’.”

My eyes widened, “Enough!” I practically shouted at her then Joe laughed.

“You guys are funny,” he said stuffing his hands in his pockets.

“Anyways, where is the help?” I said trying to change the subject.

“Oh, right!” she said suddenly, “The gas station was closed.”

“Great,” I said leaning against my car and looking at Ash, “What now?”

“It’s not polite to stare, Joe,” Ash said looking at him, “Quit drooling over my friend here.”

He was staring at me?

I glanced at him and he was already looking down at his feet, “I-I-I wasn’t staring,” he said nervously.

“Sure you weren’t,” she said laughing at him.

“I’m never bringing you anywhere ever again, you’re so embarassing,” I said to her in frustration, “Anyways, hopefully my grandparents will answer this time.”

I called my grandparents. Again. Thankfully they picked up this time. I told them the situation and they started to panic. After explaining to them that I was fine and for them not to worry they told me they’d be here in one hour.

“So, why don’t you live with your parents?” Joe asked curiously as we made our way back to the bus.

I fell silent. This is something I certainly didn’t want to talk about right now.

“You chose the wrong question to ask, dude,” Ash said to him.

“My parents aren’t alive anymore,” I said softly and looked away.

“Oh,” he said softly, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean-”

I looked up at him he had a guilty look on his face so I shook my head, “It’s okay, don’t worry about it,” I said to him with a smile, “You didn’t know.”

He smiled at me, “Alright, well we have an hour to get to know each other more,” he said excitedly and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, “Let’s make the best of it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Do you like it? Let me know.
Comment & Subscribe. (:
Comments = Updates. (:
Thank you.