Status: just started this, likey or no likey? comments appreciated:)

Label Me

and the emo was the first to go

...NINTH GRADE...

KAT.

Kat put one headphone in her ear and pressed shuffle on her iPod.

Helena - My Chemical Romance.

"Emo baby," Ricky whispered to her.

"What did you call her?" Britney shreiked in a shrill tone, whipping around on her pink ballet flat to face them.

"An emo baby, Brit. She's a friggin' emo." Ricky replied, staring at Britney, a smirk on his face.

"Shut the hell up Rick, you don't know anything. She isn't an emo, she wouldn't be my best friend."

Kat's eyes went from her fingernails to shoot daggers at Brit. "And you wouldn't be my best friend if I was why exactly?"

Brit paused. "Well, emos are depressed weirdos right?"

Kat stood there for a moment, dumbfounded, and then raised her middle finger in Brit's direction. Britney gaped and stared at her. Kat turned on her heel and walked away.

How could Britney be so stupid and shallow?

She went across the quad to Summer, who was sitting on a table with her boyfriend, James. "Summer, I gotta talk to you."

"What's the emo hoe cryin' about now?" James whispered. Summer shot him a look. Kat burst into tears.

"Exactly my point," James said. Summer glared at him.

"What's wrong, Kat?" Summer asked.

"Summer do you think emos are weird?" Kat asked, tears still making her eyeliner run down her face.

"Aren't they supposed to be?" Summer asked. James wrapped his hand around her wrist. Kat stared at that connection, absolutely dumbfounded.

"So much for best friends for life," Kat mumbled and walked toward the street. She sat down, her back against an oak tree, and began to sob. Three boys and a girl walked by her.

One of the boys sat down in front of her. He rubbed her ankle until she looked up, black all over her face, arms, and hands, from her makeup.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"My best friends just kind of left me a few minutes ago," Kat replied, trying to wipe off all the eyeliner that had accumulated all over her.

"I'll be your best friend," he said, picking up her hand. "I'm David."

"Kat." she said. "What about them?" Kat looked at the girl and two boys standing a few feet down the sidewalk.

"I dunno, I'm sort of in your place right now. My two best friends sort of ditched me for that skankmuffin Audie. So do you wanna be best friends forever and ever or what?" David said, a smile plastered on his face.

"Forever and ever it is." Kat said, finally smiling, letting David envelop her into a huge hug.

and thus emo was the first to go
♠ ♠ ♠
if you comment, i will love you forever.