Sequel: Supernova Love
Status: Active

Whatever Happened To Needing No One?

Chapter Eleven

So I hear you've got Tazer wrapped around your little finger. Jenna said, breaking the silence in my living room. I glanced at my sister with my eye brows scrunched together and then back to the latest Grey’s Anatomy episode I was trying to watch. I had no idea what she meant by that and I didn't want to encourage her to keep talking about this. She was driving me crazy! Since Adam has been gone Jenna has been here. Bugging me. Next time they leave I'm going to hide myself in Brent’s bag so I don't have to stay here with her. Don't get me wrong, I love my sister. I just can’t do the whole girl talk slumber party thing every single night. You know Ry...this isn’t the way things are supposed to work! I'm not supposed to have to ask my boyfriend for info into my own sister’s love life. In the past three days since my birthday night with Jon, Jenna hasn’t let up on trying to get the details. They're boys, Ryah! They’re not supposed to talk about this stuff. It’s supposed to be me and you talking about..

They're hockey boys. They talk about more in that locker room than I can even imagine. They probably talk about things I've never even heard of before.
I told her, not looking from the TV.

All I'm saying is that it’s pretty sad that Adam and Jonathan have a better relationship than you and I do. I glanced at her, realizing that she was hurt by this. She took it as a stab at us being sisters; like I was concealing information because I didn't trust her. I took a deep breath.

It’s not like that, Jen. I just...there’s not much to tell!

Oh whatever! Adam says you're all the guy talks about. He said that he could tell that Tazer finally managed to get you into bed because he came back without his balls.

What?!

All the guys went out while they were in Dallas and Tazer stayed at the hotel by himself doing crossword puzzles. They've been giving him a pretty hard time about it, actually.

What does that have to do with me?

Adam said that he told Sharpie “if you had what I've got waiting back in Chicago...you wouldn't be going out wasting your time either.”
My heart fluttered and I couldn't help but grin wildly as I heard that but I tried to play it cool.

You and Burr have nothing better to talk about than me and Jon? I focussed back on the TV but I could feel her eyes studying me. He really said that? I asked in a small but delighted voice as my eyes found hers. She nodded with a huge smile.

So you two are a couple now? I looked back to the TV, not quite sure how to answer that. We didn't quite get that far into discussing things the other night.

I don't know. I told her.

Do you want to be? I opened my mouth to reply when the front door opened.

Honey, I'm home! Brent called out upon entering. A huge grin spread across my face as I jumped up on the couch, climbed onto the back of it and threw myself into his arms. His duffel bag fell out of his hands as he attempted to catch me.

I'm so happy you're home!!! I squealed as I squeezed onto him for dear life.

You do know that I'm not Tazer, right? He said with a smirk, motioning to the fact that I had my legs wrapped around his waist and wasn’t letting go. I glared at him and he knew not to go any further with that. Does everyone know about me and Jon?

Am I not allowed to miss my roommate? I asked.

I’ll leave more often if this is the kind of welcome home party I get. He said with a smirk. I wrapped my arms around his neck again, ignoring his comment and Jenna’s laughter.

You know how much I hate being here by myself.

Ry.
I glanced towards the door and saw Jonathan standing there with his eyebrows raised as he took in the sight in front of him. Brent put me down and I made my way over to Jon.

Hi. I said, feeling slightly awkward. This was our first encounter since our little rendezvous right there on the couch where Jenna was sitting, watching us. I felt my cheeks warm as I remembered that night. He reached out and grabbed onto my hoodie so he could pull me closer to him. He flashed me that gorgeous smile that always put butterflies in my stomach and he pressed his lips lightly against mine, taking my breath away. He rested his forehead to mine with his hands gripping my hips.

I missed you. He said in a hushed voice that was still loud enough for Brent to hear because he started making whip cracking sounds. I turned around and pointed my finger at him.

Be good!

Are you allowing him to have his balls tonight?
Brent asked with a smirk. From the couch Jenna muttered an 'I told you so' which got a silencing glare from me.

Fuck you Seabs. Jon replied.

Yah. Fuck you Seabs. I repeated, still facing my smart ass roommate.

Oh! So that's how it’s gonna be, huh Ry? Brent said, pretending I had hurt his feelings.

You know you're my favourite. I told him and he grinned victoriously at Jon.

Hey! Jon replied.

You're my favourite center. I told him. He’s my favourite d-man.

I can live with that. Brent concluded.

Can’t I be your favourite forward? I shook my head.

Sorry Jonny. I've got a little place in my heart for a couple wingers. I told him causing his eyes to widen.

Who?!

I kind of have a thing for that adorable Patrick Kane.
I told him with a grin. Steeger too.

Jealous, Tazer?
Brent prodded, hoping to get a reaction.

What? Of you jokers? Not a chance!

Well maybe you should be.
Brent told him. I've got the upper hand over all of you because I live with her. Brent smirked proud of himself.

Okay. I chimed in, stopping them before they went any further with one upping eachother. You look tired. Let’s get you home. I said to Jon. I took his hand and turned to pull him out the door, but not before he shot a nasty look at my roommate.
- - -
I laid there, clinging to Jon’s naked body trying to catch my breath. He pushed a few strands of hair that were stuck to my face out of the way and then began trailing his fingertips lightly up and down my left arm. My head was on his chest and I was listening to his heartbeat slowly going back to its normal rate. I was trying to catch my breath as I thought about what had just happened. I thought the night of my birthday was amazing but this...I don't even know how to explain this. This time was better; if that's even possible. He was beyond amazing, phenomenal even. Jon seemed to know everywhere that I liked to be touched and how I wanted him to touch me. How he could find all the spots that just completely blow my mind is beyond me. I'm not complaining, but I am starting to think that this guy is too good to be true. He kissed the top of my head and then mumbled something into my hair. Hmm? I asked, not hearing what it was that he said.

Move in with me. He said blatantly. My eyes widened and I slowly raised my head to look at him. Move in with him?! Is that some kind of joke?

Move in with you?! He nodded, and I laughed in shock. You're serious? Again he nodded as he stared back at me. Jon...I can’t move in with you.

Why not?

Because! I...I just can’t. I live..

With Seabrook.
He said sounding slightly jealous. That’s what this is about. I figured this would be an issue if Jon and I got serious...I just hadn’t expected it to come up already.

Jon...I can’t move in with you.

Ryah, come on! You've known me longer than you've known him.

So?! Yes I met you a few hours before I met Brent, but I’ve spent more time with him.
He laid his head back on the pillow, staring up at the ceiling.

So you're picking him over me.

You're making me pick my roommate or you?! Honestly, Jon...me not moving in here has nothing at all to do with Brent. I don't know what’s going on with me and you.
His eyes widened at my last sentence. What? I asked, not quite sure what was wrong with what I had said.

You don't know what's going on with us? I shook my head slowly, trying to remember. Had we had the talk when I was trashed? Well that's fantastic, Ryah. He exclaimed as he sat up.

Hold up. I'm lost. Why are you mad? I followed suit, sitting up as well.

I've been under the impression these last couple of days that you’re my girlfriend. He practically screamed at me. But I guess you're not. He slid a pair of boxers on and left the bedroom. I sat on the bed completely blown away. What the fuck just happened here?! Did he seriously expect me to move in here after we’ve been doing this for all of three days? I like relationships that move along just as much as the next person but this is ridiculous. I found my bra and panties, put them on and I made my way towards the kitchen where I could hear cupboard doors slamming. I leaned against the island and watched him as he rummaged through the kitchen without any effort to hide the fact that he was pissed off. Call me crazy, but something told me that if I was still living with Jenna he wouldn't be getting so bent out of shape about my living arrangements.

I sat on the bar stool, quietly as Jon began making pancakes. He poured the batter into the pan and stood in silence with his back to me. God he’s such a baby. How long is he going to pretend that I'm not here? He went to flip the first pancake but that didn’t go as planned. He grumbled a list of profanities under his breath and moved to flip the next one. Again, it didn't work. FUCK! He screamed out of frustration. I made my way to the stove and took the spatula out of his hand.

You’ve gotta let them cook for longer than that or they won’t flip. Go sit. I’ve got this.I told him as I turned to the pan. I knew he hadn’t gone to sit because I could feel his presence right behind me. After a few silent moments Jon sighed and I felt his hands on my hips. Instantly his chest was against my back and his lips were placing feather light kisses from my shoulder to the crook of my neck.

I’m sorry. he mumbled into my skin. I turned around to face him.

Brent and I have a good thing going at home. I told him. So why fix something that isn’t broken? Sex complicates things and Brent and I are not sleeping together.

I sure as hell hope not.
He replied seriously.

I just mean that it would be tough for us to get used to living together on top of getting used to being with each other. Oh...but I'm not your girlfriend, right? I said sarcastically. He grinned at me and pressed his lips to mine.

Yes you are.

Oh? And what if I don't want to be?
I asked.

You do. He replied with that cocky tone of voice that had pissed me off the first time I met him. I held back a smile and smacked his perfectly toned bicep with the spatula I had in my hand.

Go away! I’m cooking. I turned my back to him once more to tend to his pancakes when I felt a playful slap right on my ass. JONATHAN! I screamed, turning to face him.

Ry...if you stand in my kitchen in a pair of tiny little booty shorts you're asking for me to touch. My eyes were burning holes in his back as he left the kitchen.

You've got problems. Serious problems. I told him, once again facing the stove. Who eats pancakes at ten o'clock at night anyways? I mumbled to myself. I get the whole breakfast food for supper thing, I mean...the only time I ever eat cereal is supper time. But pancakes? And in the middle of the night? I huffed as I brought his plate out to him and set it down on the table in front of him. As I watched him devouring the plateful of food I became lost in my thoughts. Maybe I wouldn't mind doing this every day, I just need time.
♠ ♠ ♠
For some reason people don't like commenting on this story. It's always the same people commenting, and I love them for that., but I want to hear from more people on this chapter. Make it happen!!! =]