Sequel: Supernova Love
Status: Active

Whatever Happened To Needing No One?

Chapter Twelve

One Month Later

BRENT! I screamed at the top of my lungs. BRENNNNNNT!!!!! I screamed, louder this time as the creepy crawly thing on the floor was chasing after me. I squealed as I jumped up onto the kitchen table. Brent came running out of the hallway as he was pulling on his pants.

What?! What’s wrong?! He exclaimed, completely alarmed.

KILL IT! I shouted as I pointed to the floor.

Kill what? He said, looking around. I hesitantly leaned over the edge of the table to see where that disgusting thing had gone, but I couldn't see it.

Where did it go?!

Oh my god! It’s right beside you!
He exclaimed in one breath causing me to scream and catapult myself into his arms.

GET IT!!! I shouted over and over as he laughed at me.

Ry! Ryah! It’s not there! I'm just kidding. He told me and I glanced back at the table. Sure enough, there was no spider.

Screw you Seabrook. I said as I smacked him and forced him to put me down.

I've never seen you so hysterical before. He said as he sprawled out on the couch. What was it? He questioned.

A spider. I told him, shuddering as I said the word. It was this big! I told him as I showed him the size with my hand. And that little fucker is in here somewhere waiting to catch me with my guard down. I said as I began scanning the floor cautiously, my heart still beating rapidly. Brent cracked up laughing. It’s not funny! That thing ran at me!

It did not run at you.
He argued.

Uhm...yes it did! It full out RAN at me. Its eight legs were going and.. I stopped as I got the shivers again and began to get itchy with the thought of that damn spider. GOD! I screamed as I shifted my weight from foot to foot as jitters went through my entire body.

Get over here. Brent demanded through his laughs. I glared at him laying there with open arms but I gave in. I laid on the couch next to him with my head resting on his bare chest as he wrapped his arms around me. I loved cuddling with Brent. He was so comfy and warm all the time.

Where’s your shirt?

I didn't have time to grab one with you out here screaming like that. Jesus, I thought someone was out here stabbing you.
He chuckled again and then we laid there quietly in our own thoughts for a few moments until I broke the silence.

Is that what bugs do?

Is what what bugs do?
He asked, sounding like he was just about back to sleep.

Hide all day and come out when they think you're sleeping. He laughed.

Probably. What time is it anyways?

6.
I replied.

6?! Am?! I nodded and he groaned. What are you doing up you sicko?

Well Brent, not all of us are as lucky as you. SOME of us have to go to school in order to be able to get a decent job.
I replied, sticking my tongue out at him.

Oh. You're in trouble now. He declared as he began tickling me, knowing that I am beyond ticklish just about everywhere on my body.

NO! No, no, no! NOOOOO! I screamed out in between hysterical laughter. I had wiggled myself around in an attempt to get away from him, but seeing as though he is practically double my body size that didn't work in my favour. I actually managed to squirm my way completely underneath him and was now pinned to the couch as he continued to torture me. I wrapped my legs around him in an effort to roll over so that he was no longer on top of me, but that didn't work either. It just caused a wrestling match to break out. BRENT! STOP ITTTT!!! I screamed as loud as I could as he had both of my hands pinned over my head in one of his beastly hands while his free hand was poking and tickling my ribs.

What the hell is going on here? I knew that was Jonathan and because Brent was still on top of me, I had to look at him from upside down. He looked pissed. I glanced at Brent who shot me an apologetic smile as he got up from his position between my legs.

Hey Tazer. Brent greeted. He pulled me to my feet and went over to Jonathan.

Hey you! I said, going up on my toes and placing a kiss on his lips.

Ry, I'm going back to bed. Call me at 10 to make sure I'm up. My alarm hasn’t been going off lately for some reason. I nodded in agreement as Brent vanished into the hallway. I faced Jonathan with a smile on my face, but it was quickly erased as he stared at me looking less than impressed.

You want an explanation, don't you? He nodded. There was a spider. And he came to kill it for me but then it vanished so I was freaking out about it and then he asked me why I was up so early and I told him that some of us actually have to educate ourselves in order to find work. I told him in a few short breaths.

And how did he end up on top of you? Where did his shirt go?

Oh...he never had one on.

Is that supposed to make it better?

Stop it!

Stop it?! What would you think if I was living with some chick and you came over to drive me to school and found that chick on top of me laying between my legs and pinning my arms over my head while..

Yes but this is different.

How?

It’s Brent!
I replied.

Oh and what? Brent isn’t capable of putting the moves on you? I laughed out loud at the thought of Brent trying anything on me.

NO! I exclaimed as I laughed some more.

Are you ready to go, or what? He asked with a not so subtle hint of annoyance in his voice. I didn't get up before 6 in the morning to come over here to walk in on your little love fest with Seabs and then hang around waiting for you. I could still be sleeping, you know.

Yes well I didn't ask you to drive me. You offered.

Because I don't want you taking the bus all around Chicago by yourself! You don't know what kind of creeps and psychopaths are out there. It makes me nervous when you take the bus when it’s dark out.

Well then stop bitching.
I responded as I kissed him and began to pull him from the apartment.

You're lucky you're so damn hot or I’d be gone. He told me. My mouth dropped and he grinned at me as he kissed my cheek.

What are you saying, Toews? You're with me for strictly Physical reasons?

Damn straight.
He answered as he pushed the down button for the elevator.

Well that's good. At least we’re on the same page then. I was starting to worry that you were actually getting attached. I told him as I stepped into the elevator. He followed after me and stared at me as if he was waiting for me to tell him that I was joking.

You are kidding, right? He asked when I didn't say anything more on the subject.

You know...for a guy that is so sure of himself you're pretty easy to bring down a notch.

So you are kidding?
I laughed lightly as I kissed him.

You know I am. I still couldn't get over how jealous Jonathan always got when it came to Brent. I guess it’s some sort of territorial guy thing. He must feel threatened by my friendship with Brent. I glanced at him as he watched the numbers going down and I could see the tension in his jaw. It makes no sense to me why he gets so bent out of shape about this. He knows that there's nothing going on. I mean...I am his girlfriend and Brent is his teammate. He’s his friend. He should be able to trust the both of us.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, so I know that i just posted chapter 11 but i'm the worst at holding out on posting new chapters and i didn't think you guys would mind all that much =P
so feel free to reward my 2 chapters in less than a day with comments =]