Fate Is Leading The Way

Let Me Tell You Girl We're History

Image

Joe's P.O.V.

Hannah looked confused as we stood in my room. She frowned at me and shook her head. Her arms dropped from around me and she took a step back.

"What?" She asked. "Your breaking up with me?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I know you still love Nick." I answered truthfully. "I don't want to be a replacement."

"You are not a replacement." Hannah said sounding slightly offended.

"Really, Hannah?" I asked.

"OK. But I do love you, just not like you want me to." Hannah finally admitted.

"I know." I said smiling slightly. "Your still my best friend."

Hannah smiled then wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug. I kissed the top of her head then released her.

"Is Fate downstairs?" I asked smiling big.

"Yes." Hannah said with an amused laugh.

Hannah's P.O.V.

I sat next to Joe in the backyard by the pool, Fate was running around the yard around us. I was happy with the break up, as much as I wished I could feel something else. It felt like I was a horrible person for feeling so relieved after this.

"I'm glad you guys are going to be here all that time." Joe said as he watched Fate chase a butterfly.

"Me too." I said smiling. "Fate is going to love it too."

Joe nodded his head his attention still on Fate.

"Do you think he'll take more responsibility now that you live near us again?"

I knew right away he meant Nick. I looked up at the clear blue sky while I contemplated my answer. I knew Nick, and I knew he would want to be around Fate. The question was would he run again? Nick's intentions are always good but then when he feels pressured he runs. I just hoped for Fate's sake he would stay around.

"I hope so." I answered Joe's question.

"Me too." Joe replied.

We stayed outside until the sun began to set, and Fate was ready for a nap. I took her to Joe's room to sleep on his bed for right now. The rest of the Jonas family had arrived home when I went back downstairs to the family room. I was first greeted by a very excited Frankie.

"Hi Hannah! How are you? Where's Fay?" Frankie asked quickly.

"Hi Frank. I'm good. Fay is taking a nap." I said answering his questions.

He hugged me then ran back to the video game he was playing. Joe walked past me his hand brushing against my back, and sat next to Frankie. My gaze went from Joe to Nick who looked upset.

"Hey Hannah." Kevin said hugging me.

"Hi Kev."

I hugged him then noticed behind him a girl standing next to Denise. I pulled away from Kevin and raised my eyebrow at him.

"Oh!" He said turning to smile at the girl. "Hannah this Shae."

I smiled at the girl and she smiled in return.

"Hi. So you must be the girl Kevin has bee texting all the time." I shook her hand. "Its nice to meet you."

"You too I've heard a lot about you." Shae said. "The Jonas family is always talking about you."

I laughed and smiled at the Jonas'.

"Really? All good things I hope."

"Oh, of course."

Kevin and Shae excused themselves from the room, Kevin said something about taking Shae home. I didn't really hear what he said because Nick was talking.

"Hi Hannah." He said quietly.

I smiled slightly, "hi."

I turned away from Nick and sat next to Joe and Frankie. I heard Nick sigh before he walked out of the room. Our parents left to go talk on the kitchen, like they always do.

"You know nothing is going to be resolved if you guys don't talk." Frankie's little voice sounded over the noise of the video game.

Joe glanced at me a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips. "She knows Tank." Joe responded. I sighed and left the room in search of Nick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a little short. I hope you like this one.
: )