Fate Is Leading The Way

I Should Be Honest With Myself I Don't Want Anybody Else

Image

After three weeks of being stuck inside doing school work and spending time with Fate and Nick I was desperate to do something. Nick and I were back to normal, as friends things went a lot better then as a couple. Fate loved having Nick and the rest of the Jonas family around all of the time. The Jonas Brothers were set to go back on tour in a month and Fate and I would be going with them.

The thought of more time spent confide to one place was not appealing to me. I was already going crazy; what was going to happen when I'm stuck on bus for endless hours? The thought was not welcoming that's for sure. Which is why I am currently trying to talk Joe and Nick into going out tonight. The three of us and Fate sat at the Jonas' kitchen table eating breakfast, Joe and Fate, and reading the news paper, Nick.

"Come on! I need this." I said for, seriously, the hundredth time.

"Why? You go out all the time." Joe said. He took a bite of the muffin in his hand then offered some to Fate who was sitting in his lap.

"Yeah but not to the places I want to go." I said exasperated.

"Yes you do. The other day you chose the restaurant we all ate at." Nick finally spoke up taking his attention away from the sports page.

"I haven't gone out without Fate or my mom or your parents in months! I'm going nuts!" I said frustrated.

Joe looked up at me a stern look on his face like he was ready to scold me for something, but then Nick spoke.

"OK. We'll go out tonight." He said going back to the news paper. "Be ready by seven."

"I'll go ask my mom if she can watch Fate." I said standing from the table.

"I'll watch her." Joe said smiling at Nick then at me.

"But I thought you were coming with?"

Joe shrugged, "I don't really feel like it."

I narrowed my eyes at Joe as I thought about what he really had planed. He had that mischievous look that he only got when he was up to something.

"OK. I'll see you guys at seven." I said walking over to Fate to give her a kiss.

This weekend was Nick's weekend to watch Fate, which usually turned into the whole Jonas family watching her. I liked the arrangement we had set up, Nick and I alternated weekends; even though we always ended up together.

****

At six o'clock I started getting ready. For some reason I had those first date butterflies, the only problem was this was not a date. I would not have agreed to a date with Nick, our relationship was purely a friendship.

Finally at seven I was ready to go out, I wore a pair of fitted dark jeans and a purple v-neck shirt. I grabbed my black flats and slipped them on as I walked out of my room.

"Hannah?" Nick called from downstairs.

"Coming." I called back grabbing my purse and stuffing my phone into it.

I ran down the stairs to the front door where Nick was waiting. He and my mom were talking to each other when I walked up to them.

"Alright be home before twelve." My mom said when she saw me.

"OK." I replied as I pushed Nick out of the door. "See you later."

"Bye." Nick said to my mom.

we walked to Nick's new truck and climbed in. I sat back into the big plush seats and sighed, the car smelled like Nick.

"Why did you want me to leave so badly?" Nick asked as he backed out of my drive way.

"My mom thinks this is more then it is." I said indicating the two of us.

"Oh." Nick said nodding his head in understanding.

The car ride was silent as we drove in the LA traffic as the horns of impatient cars blared and the music in the truck adding to the noise.

"Where are we going?" I finally asked.

"Its a surprise." Nick said with a smirk.

"I hate surprises. You know that." I said with a roll of my eyes.

"Yeah but I can't tell you where were going. If I could I would." Nick said.

"Why can't you?" I asked confused.
"Because this has to be perfect and I won't be perfect if you know."

"That makes perfect since." I mumbled rolling eyes.

"Don't worry. you'll see what I mean."

Finally after the never ending traffic we arrived at our destination. I was beyond confused when I looked up at the building in front of us. The big Hollywood Records sign loomed over us like an ominous warning.

"What are we doing here?" I asked. The last time I was here was when my dad still worked for the Jonas Brothers, a while ago.

"I have something to show you." Nick replied as he parked the car.
He walked over to my side of the car and opened the door for me. "Nervous?" He asked.

"Nope."

I linked arms with Nick to keep him close. We walked into the buildings only stopping to show Nick's ID at security. We entered the elevator near some of the offices my dad used to work in, I attempted not to look that way.

"What are we doing here, seriously." I asked leaning against the elevator wall.

"I told you I want to show you something." Nick said, he was standing next to the opposite wall. "Don't worry about your dad he's not here."

I sighed and looked away from Nick. The elevator doors opened and Nick walked out with me trailing behind him. I looked at the signs on the doors we passed, they were all recording studios. At the end of the hall there was a conference room. We entered the room and walked past a secretary's station before going through another door. Inside the conference the table that filled the room had two places set for a dinner. A food cart sat next to the table, candles lit the room and roses were placed through out the room.

"Nick?" I asked turning to face him.

He had a warm smile on his handsome features. He pulled out one of the chairs for me and I sat down. He placed food on the table, all my favorites, and poured me a glass of water. He sat down in his seat after serving our food.

"This is amazing." I said smiling at Nick. "You planed all of this?"

"No. Joe did most of the work." Nick said as he took a bite of his food. "And he made the food."

I tried some of my food and it was heavenly, Joe really out did himself. We made small talk while we ate. It was surprisingly a lot of fun.

"So why did we have to come here for dinner?" I asked pushing my empty plate away.

"This is where we first met."
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm to sure about this chapter, ha it isn't the best. Anyways I just want them to get back together already! haha anyone else with me?!

Comment!!!

P.S. read the authors note from the last chapter if you want info on the one-shot....