Fate Is Leading The Way

When I Said I Do, I Meant That I Will 'Till The End Of All Time

Image

Three Years Later

The day I had been waiting for since I was little girl was finally happening; my wedding day. For a while I had given up on ever getting married; it’s hard to find a guy who doesn't mind that I have a daughter. But I had found one.

I sat in the hair chair completely at ease while others hurried around finding missing earrings or complaining about how bad they look. I hadn't had a birdzilla moment or a major freak out. It didn't matter to me if one of my bridesmaids didn't have earrings or how unhappy they are with the dresses. All that matters to me is walking down the aisle to the love of my life.

"Hannah what should we do?" Lexi said on the verge of hysteria.

"Stop freaking out. It’s just an earring." I said glancing at her. "Either find it or wear the ones you had on earlier."

Lexi nodded and scurried away. I touched one of the huge curlers that were weighing down my head. I looked up at the clock and sighed, I still had an hour until the wedding.

"How are you feeling?" My mom asked as she took out one of the curlers.

"Impatient. I just want to be married already!" I laughed. "Time is going so slow."

My mom chuckled. "Once we have your hair done we'll get you in your dress."

"Alright." I said glancing at the clock again.

After taking forever to get my hair done it was time to put on my dress. It was a beautiful white dress that made me feel so beautiful. I couldn't wait for my husband-to-be to see me.

"Oh my." Denise said her hand over her heart. "You look stunning."

There was a murmur of agreement from the other women in the room. I looked at my mom and saw the tears already forming.

"You can't cry yet." I said laughing. "You'll have us all crying and ruining our make up."

"I know, it’s just you are so beautiful." My mom said smiling proudly.

The door burst open as Fay ran through the door. "Joey wanted me to tell you he loves you and he can't wait to be married to you!" Fay exclaimed.

There was a hushed "aw" through out the room. I smiled and pulled Fay close to me. She wore a simple white floor girl dress with a purple ribbon around her. She had purple flowers pinning her hair up on the side.

"You look beautiful." I said kissing the top of her head.

"Thanks mom." She said smiling.

"Its time!" Denise squealed.

There was a rush as every picked up their bouquet of purple Lilies and lined up at the door. I was handed my bouquet and stood behind Fay.

"Ok. Carmen and Josh will go first then Shea and Kevin; last will be Lexi and Frankie." My mom instructed as she opened the dressing room doors. Denise and my mom took their seats at the front of the church with the rest of the family. My bride’s maids quickly walked down the hall to the big double doors that lead into the main part of the grand church. They were met by the grooms men at the doors where they linked arms waited their cues. I waited in the dressing room until it was time for me to walk down the aisle.

The music began to play and I heard the big doors open and I knew Carmen and Josh were making their way down the aisle. This meant only minutes until I would be walking down the aisle.

"Fay it’s your turn." The wedding planner said.

Fay and I shared a small smile and then she entered the room. I waited until the wedding march began to play then I turned the corner to enter the church hall.

I smiled wide as I made my way slowly to my husband-to-be. All I could see was him. In his simple black tux; a huge smile plastered on his flawless face. In no time at all I was standing next to the love of my life. He took my hand in his and gave it a squeeze.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you." I replied quietly.

"Ladies and gentlemen you may now be seated." The Minister said to our wedding guests. There was a pause while everyone sat down.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here..."

Everything faded away then as the priest went on, and when it was time to say our vows I couldn't have been happier.

It was time to say our ‘I Do’s.’

“Do you Joseph Adam Jonas take Hannah Diane Adams to be your wife – to live together after God’s ordinance – in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon her your heart’s deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her as long as you both shall live?” The Minister asked Joe.

“I do.” He said confidently.

I smiled and tried my best to hold in the tears that so desperately wanted to fall.

“Do you Hannah Diane Adams take Joseph Adam Jonas to be your husband – to live together after God’s ordinance – in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon him your heart’s deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?”

“I do.” I said without any hesitation.

We exchanged our rings, which were being held by Fay and Frankie. The feeling of my wedding ring on my finger was amazing. And the words we had been waiting to hear.

“And so, by the power vested in me by the State of California and Almighty God, I now pronounce you man and wife – and may your days be good and long upon the earth.” He paused to smile at us. “You may now kiss the bride.”

Joe kissed me sweetly on the lips as soon as he could. This was met by a round of applause and wolf whistles. We pulled apart and I quickly turned to where Fay was standing and she smiled at me like she was so proud of me. Joe and I walked down the aisle arm in arm while the crowd of our loved ones clapped and cheered, we were followed by our wedding party to the back room to wait for all of the guests to leave. Our reception was being held in the ball room of a fancy hotel with loads of security, even more so then there was at the actual ceremony, that way there are no unwanted guests. By now the world was getting wind of Joe and I’s wedding and I knew there would be plenty of people waiting to see where our car went next.

It didn’t take long for our guests to make there way to the hotel down the street. Before the wedding party could go we all had to take pictures in the church. It took a while but I loved it. These were going to be pictures I cherished for years.

Eventually we made it to the reception, late of course. Joe and I made our rounds to all of our guests thanking them for coming to the wedding. Some of our older guests left as soon as they told us congratulations but I hadn’t expected anything else.

The night went on with dancing and lots of food and drinks. When it was time for toasts everyone was crying, from laughter and from the cuteness of some of them. It really was the best night of my life.

The party went well into the night but it was now time for Joe and I to make our way to the airport to go on our honeymoon. Joe was the only one who knew where we were going, it was a wedding present from him to me. I knew it would be somewhere exotic so I was very excited to arrive at our mystery destination. The plane ride was long; we used it to catch up on our sleep. As the rays of sun woke us up I finally learned where we were.

“We are now landing on the beautiful island of Honolulu.”

I hugged Joe tight and gave a big kiss. “You’re amazing.” I said with a huge smile.

“I love you.” Was his response as he kissed me again. “Like your surprise, Mrs. Jonas?”

“Yes!” I exclaimed.

When we arrived at the airport a car was waiting for us outside of the airport that was going to take us to our hotel. Joe had to book us the best suit in the best hotel for our vacation; it had a beautiful view and was big enough for the whole Jonas family to live in.

“Let’s go to the beach!” I said after I looked around the room.

“I have a better plan.” Joe said slyly.

“What could be better then the beach?” I asked as I watched Joe walk into the bedroom.

“Hannah, you are always bragging about how smart you are, so use those brains to think of what I’m thinking about.” Joe called from the bedroom.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the room. Joe was stripping out of his clothes stopping only when he got to his boxers.

“Oh.” I whispered.

“It’s our honeymoon. We can do this without any guilt.” Joe said huskily.

“You felt guilty before?” I asked as I followed Joe’s example and stripped down to my undergarments.

“A little bit.” He said. “But that doesn’t mean I didn’t love every time we were together.”

In seconds I was in his arms his bare chest against my barely clothed one as we held each other in a lover’s embrace. I took a deep breath and let all my senses take in all of Joe. He was amazing, anyone could see that, but I saw so much more in him. Most people only saw funny Joe, and it’s true he’s like that ninety-five percent of the time, but when it’s just him and I sitting alone he’s so much more. He’s my Joe.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH. MY GOSH. This took forever! I'm so sorry for the long wait! I have excuses, and they're good ones. So much has happened to me since the last chapter; I lost a friend, my boyfriend and I hit our first bump in the road, and Senior year is adding so much stress to my life. I have most of the next chapter written, I just have to do some editing. I really hope you guys like this one, even though the ending was kind of lame.

And for those of you who read my other stories, and the ones that don't you should read them, I'm not sure when I will be posting another chapter for them.

I love all of you faithful readers!

: )