Fate Is Leading The Way

She Was Young But Not Naive, Always Wise beyond Her Years

Image

Seven Years Later

Fate's P.O.V.

It was my first concert in front of a crowd of fans. This was everything I had worked for since I was younger. All the days of practicing, and all the constant proving myself to people. It was finally happening, I was living my dream.

It was the last song of my set and I was about to play an incredibly personal song. I hadn't planed on singing the song until last night when I received a phone call from my dad.

I sat down on the stole placed in the center of the stage in front of my mic. I looked out at the packed arena and smiled softly.

"This next song is for a special person in my life." I paused to take a deep breathe. "This is for my dad, wherever you are."

"Sunrise and I lifted my head
Then I smile at your picture sitting next to my bed
Sunset and you're feeling okay
'Cause you smiled at the letter that I sent you today
And I can't wait 'til I see you again
And we'll both say remember when
The band played on the 4th of July
And you held me on your shoulders way up high

You're still there for me, wherever there might be
And if an ocean lies between us
I'll send a message across the sea
That you can sleep tonight, knowing it's alright
I believe that you were listening to my song
You're with me, you've been here all along

Back then, you walked me to school
Told me to be careful and I followed the rules
Fast forward, you taught me to drive
You gave me the keys and we went for a ride
And I can't wait 'til I see you again
And we both say remember when
I'm holding on to moments like that
And I know that they're coming back

You're still there for me, wherever there might be
And if an ocean lies between us
I'll send a message across the sea
That you can sleep tonight, knowing it's alright
I believe that you were listening to my song
You're with me, you've been here all along

All along the way, I keep you in my heart and in my prayers
You'll always be the one who cares the most
Counting on the day I see you running out to say
I missed you, I missed you

You're still there for me, wherever there might be
And if an ocean lies between us
I'll send a message across the sea
That you can sleep tonight, knowing it's alright
I believe that you were listening to my song

You're still there for me, wherever there might be
And if an ocean lies between us
I'll send a message across the sea
That you can sleep tonight, knowing it's alright
I believe that you were listening to my song
You're with me
'Cause you're with me, you've been here all along
You've been here all along.”

"Thank you." I whispered into the mic before the lights went out.

I ran off the stage where my mom and uncle stood cheering for me, I could still hear the roar from the crowd.

"That was amazing!" My mom exclaimed as she hugged me tight. "I'm so proud of you!"

"You are so talented!" My uncle yelled excited.

"Thanks Uncle Joe." I said hugging him next.

"Come on everyone's waiting for you backstage." My mom said tugging on my arm.

I ran ahead of my mom and uncle to the back room where the rest of my family waited. I opened the door and everyone began applauding for me. Little arms wrapped around my legs causing me to look down. My baby sister smiled at my as she jumped up and down.

"Fay! I saw you on stage!" She said her blue eyes shinning excitedly.

"I know Sammy." I said picking up the two year old and hugging her.

Both my grandma's hugged me tight, squishing Sam between us, then my aunt and uncle.

"We are so proud of you." My aunt Shae said.

"We always knew you'd be talented." My uncle Kevin said kissing me on the forehead.

"Thanks." I said smiling shyly.

I hugged the rest of my family and talked with them about how exciting it all was. It kept my mind off the one person missing from this moment.

"Thank you all for coming." I said as I made my rounds to everyone one last time. "You made this night even better."

My mom waited until we were back at the hotel to talk to me about my dad. I knew it bothered her that he wasn't there. It bothered me to that he missed such an important moment in my life, but I knew this would happen with his hectic schedule.
"He should have been here." My mom said as she put Sammy down on her bed. She had fallen asleep in the car.

"Hannah." Joe said rubbing her back to relax her.

"No, he knew how important this was!" My mom said glaring up at him.

"Mom, I knew he wouldn't be here." I said with a shrug. "So don't make this into a big deal."

"It isn't right, you feeling this way." My mom said furiously.

"I'm going to shower." I said needing to get away from the situation.

I shut the bathroom door and quickly stripped and stepped into the shower. I took a long shower hoping my mom and uncle will have gone to bed. The shower eased all the tension building in me from all the drama.

When I felt calm enough to leave the shower I dried my hair then put on my night clothes before cautiously walking out into the main room. All was quiet meaning I had avoided one of my mother’s rants.

****

It wasn't until my fourth show on the tour that my dad called.

"Hey baby girl. How was the show?" He asked.

I could hear the tapping of a key board in the background. He couldn't leave his work for a second.

"It went great." I said trying to hide my disappointment. "I wish you could have been there."

"I know sweetheart but Miley had a movie premiere that night."

"Oh right." I said quietly. "How is she?"

"She's doing alright. That little brother of yours is keeping her up all night."

Miley was pregnant with her and my dad's second son. "How's Eli?"

"He's doing great. He won his little league game yesterday." My dad said proudly.

"That's great." I said forcing happiness.

I loved my brothers but it’s hard to compete with them for my dad's love.

"I have to get back to work sweetheart." He said his attention already taken. "I'll talk to you soon."

"Ok. Bye daddy. Love you."

"I love you too. Goodbye."

I shut my phone and sighed. He wasn’t always like this, but with Miley’s pregnancy and the new bands he’s been working with I’m just not his top priority at the moment

"Fay!"

I smiled at my little sister as she held up a picture for me.

"I made this for you!" She said jumping up and down slightly.

I took the picture from her little hands. "Thank you."

It was a family picture, with Sammy and I in the middle of Uncle Joe and my mom. I smiled down at my little sister; her missing teeth smile lit up the room. My sister and I didn't look the same, she had blue eyes and wavy light brown hair and she was slightly tanner then me. She had my Uncle Joe's face and smile but she had my mom's eyes.

"It’s beautiful." I told her sincerely.

"It’s our family." She said proudly.

I picked her up and hugged her close to me. "I love it, and I love you."

I set her back down and put the picture in my bag. She was spinning around in a circle making her dress flare out. I went back to putting on my makeup for the show.

“Fay, can you put makeup on me?” Sammy asked sweetly. She was watching, a curious glint in her eye.

“Sure.” I said. I picked her up again and sat her down on the makeup counter. “What color eye shadow would you like?” I asked her showing her the colors I have.

“I want the same as you.” She said.

“I don’t know mom and dad won’t like that.” I said unsure. “How about this pink one?”

“Oh alright.” She sighed.

After I put on the eye shadow I put on a little lip gloss to her tiny lips. “There you go. You look gorgeous.”

She turned to look in the mirror examining her makeup. She scrunched her nose at her reflection.

“Thank you sissy.” She said turning away from the mirror.

I gave her a big hug then set her back on the floor. She found a coloring back and began coloring in it. I finished my makeup and ran a brush through my already straightened and curled hair. I still had an hour until the show and I could already hear the sound of the fans coming into the arena. I was just the opening band so most of them were here for the headlining band but I was ok with that. After it took so long for people to take me seriously as an artist and not look at me as a Jonas kid I just wanted my music out there.

“Fay, its time to go meet some fans.” My mom said as she came into the room.

She picked up Sammy and at first didn’t notice her new look.

“Mommy, look what Fay did.” She said pointing one of her tiny fingers at her face.

“Oh, you look beautiful baby girl.” My mom said smiling at my sister.

We walked out into the parking lot where my meet and greet stand was set up and to my surprise there was a long line of fans wanting to meet me. I met as many fans as I could in the little time I had, but of course I didn’t have enough time for all of them.

“Than you, everyone, for coming out.” I said into a megaphone. “But sadly I have to leave to play the show. I would love to talk with you all but I just don’t have enough time. I love you all thank you so much!”

I was ushered back into the venue and straight to the side stage. I waited until the lights went out and my band began to play the opening of our first song then I walked onto the stage with the biggest smile on my face.

This was the best time of my life, and I love every second of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I hope you like this one! It may be a while before the next one is posted, since I'm not sure where this story is going. Thank you, I love you all!!!

: ) comments please!!!!

P.S. AHHHHHH!!!!! THIS STORY HAS TEN STARS!!!!! :D
the song, Been There All Long, featured in the story belongs to Miley Cyrus.