Fate Is Leading The Way

Back Then I Swore I Was Gonna Marry Him Someday

Image

Hannah's P.O.V.

Nick and I sat on my bed leaning against the headboard, just like it used to be. We were silent as we sat there thinking of what to say, or at least I was. I felt comfortable sitting next to Nick, I felt fourteen again when he made me feel safe and wanted.

"Will you sing for me?"

I looked up at Nick, he looked serious. I sat up a little straighter and smiled at him.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I've only heard you sing once. I want to hear you again." He said smiling. "Please?"

I looked down at my clasped hands and thought about his request. I hate singing in front of people but this was Nick. Besides he had heard me already.

"Alright." I replied giving in. I stood up and walked to my guitar and picked it up.

I sat on the edge of the bed and looked at Nick and smiled. He sat next to me and waited.

I strummed the guitar until I found the notes I wanted. The slow tune filled the room as I began to sing. I kept my eyes focused on my hands as the moved along the guitar.

"Oh, no, yeah, yeah,
She's got blue eyes and she's 5"5'
Long brown hair all down her back
Cadillac, so the hell what,
What's so special about that?
She used to model, done some acting
So she weighs a buck o' five
And I guess she's alright
If perfections what you like.
Oh, oh
And I'm not jealous, no I'm not
Oh,oh,
I just want everything she's got
Oh, oh,
You look at her so amazed
I remember way back when
You used to look at me that way."
I could feel Nick's eyes on me, but I couldn't look at him knowing the song is about him. "Tell me what makes her so much better then me
What makes her just everything I can never be?
What makes her your every dream and fantasy?
Because I can remember when it was me"
Finally I looked up into those beautiful brown eyes. "And now I know you don't feel the same
I remember you would shiver
Every time I said your name
You said nothing felt as good
As when you gazed into my eyes
Now you don't care if I'm alive
How did we let the fire die?"
Nick looked away to stare at the wall in front of him. I looked back down at my guitar. "Oh, oh,
And I'm not jealous, no I'm not
Oh,Oh,
I just want everything she's got
Oh,oh,
You look at her so amazed
I remember way back when
You used to look at me that way, oh,
What makes her so much better then me?
What makes her just everything I can never be?
What makes her your every dream and fantasy?
Because I can remember when it was me.
That made you smile,
Me,
That made you laugh,
Me that made you happier then you have ever been,
Oh me,
That was your world,
Me,
Your perfect girl
Nothing about me has changed
That's why I'm here wondering."
I put everything I had into belting out the lyrics. I felt tears prickle the back of my eyes so shut them in an effort to keep them from falling. "What makes her so much better then me?
What makes her just ever thing that I can never be?
What makes her your every dream and fantasy?
Because I can remember when it was me.
What makes her so much better then me?
What makes her just ever thing that I can never be?
What makes her just ever thing that I can never be?
What makes her your every dream and fantasy?
Because I can remember when it was me."
I opened my eyes and let the tears fall. My voice softened and I focused on my guitar. "When it was me.
When it was me.
When it was me."


My hands dropped from my guitar. The room was shockingly silent after that it was like suddenly the world had stopped. I lifted my head up to look at Nick and he was looking at me tears in his own eyes.

"What?" I asked my voice coarse from the built up emotion.

"That song was about me isn't it?"

I looked away and took a deep breath. " Yes."

I heard Nick sigh as he stood from the bed and walked to my door. I watched him as left unable to stop him. Nick Jonas just loves to run from his problems doesn't he?

Joe's P.O.V.

Carmen and I walked back to Hannah's house an awkward silence engulfing us. I had no idea what to say to her after what just happened back at that old house.

"Is that Nick?" Carmen asked pointing to a boy sitting on a bench.

He had a mess of brown curls and his face was hidden behind his hands. As we walked closer I saw that it was Nick.

"Nick?" Carmen asked as we came to a stop in front of him.

He looked up at us and I was surprised to see his red eyes and his cheeks glistening with tears.

"What happened?" I asked instantly turning into the protective older brother.

"I broke her heart." Nick whispered.

"Are you talking about Hannah?" Carmen asked.

"Yes." Nick said covering his face again.

At that moment I was ready to hit my brother. He is so slow sometimes, it had been almost two years since he broke up with Hannah and he just now seeing how heart broken she is. Instead of hitting him I walked away; I needed to check on Hannah. I walked into her house and went straight to her room. when i opened the door I saw her sitting on her bed with her guitar and a note book. I shut the door and went to sit beside her.

"Want to hear what I have so far?" She asked quietly.

"Sure."

She cleared her throat as she looked down at the lyrics she already wrote and strummed the guitar.

"Was i out of line?
Did I say something way to honest?
Made you run and hide
Like a scared little boy.
I looked into your eyes
Thought I knew you for a minute,
Now I'm not so sure."


She looked up at me and I held her gaze with mine.

"He ran again." I stated.

Hannah nodded her head yes. Suddenly she stood up and put her guitar on it's stand. She paced back in forth in front of me.

"Why does he do this?" She yelled. "He is a coward! He never tries to work things things out or talk about them, he just runs!"

I opened my mouth to say something but she continued her rant.

"I'm sick of this! I'm sick of crying! And I'm sick of him breaking my hear." She whispered the last part. She sat back down and took a deep breath.

"You done?" I asked.

"No, but that's OK." Hannah said giving me a small smile. "Sorry I freaked out there."

"Don't worry about it." I said smiling.

She leaned against and laid her head on my shoulder. I hummed a new song I had been working on. Soon her breathing evened out and I knew she was a sleep. I placed her on her bed and left the room. I had to find Nick and confront him.

Kevin's P.O.V.

I sat outside in the backyard on one of the patio chairs. I held my cell phone in my hands, I was trying to muster up the courage to call someone. This shouldn't be this hard I had been best friends with her since I was five, but I wished we were something more. I hit speed dial one and her name was written across the screen, Shae. I hit the green talk button and waited; my heart pounding, my palms sweaty, and my hands shaking.

"Hello?"

I stuttered as I spoke. "Hi Sh-Shae."

"Kevin? Are you OK?" She asked, I could hear the concern in her voice.

"Yes- well no. I wanted to ask you something." I said my nerves going haywire.

"OK?" Shae said a little nervously.

"I-um- I wanted to know if you would be my girlfriend?" I said. I held my breath as I waited for her answer.

"Of course!" Shae exclaimed

I sighed relieved I had finally asked her and she said yes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sweet an update!! =] Did you like this one? Kevin finally got a girlfriend!

All of my wonderful subscribers should comment because if you do I will be very happy! In order for me to upload the next chapter I need more comments on this story and I need more readers and comments on my stories Black Keys and What I Go To School For. OK?

Image <--- That's Shae (just imagine her with dark hair). Shae is based off of a very loyal reader, Calling Back.

Comment!! Subscribe!!