Elle.

I've tried to compensate for everything I'm not.

Once second period passed by with no sign of McKenzie I began to worry. I told myself to brush it off yet I couldn’t shake it. I looked up and down the halls with not a single sign of her. I tried to go about my day and not let it bother me though.

World History rolled around and I began to tell Jude about her disappearing act and was sure to leave out the details of her fake email to Avery. He agreed that it seemed odd and offered to let me eat lunch with him if she didn’t turn. I was pleased by his offer, so when it was time to start researching more I did very little searching and a lot more giggling.

Jude and I walked to lunch together and for the first time since starting Topanga High I went through the line to get a tray. Bad idea.

“Is this still alive?” I poked a combination of dark stuff with gravy over it.

“I don’t think it ever was alive, Elle.” Jude laughed and sat down with a group of kids that weren’t familiar to me except Avery. “These are my foster siblings.” He turned away from me to face the table. “Guys, this is Elle.”

One of the boys who looked older then Jude and Avery winked at me and mocked, “So this is her?” I felt very uncomfortable with the way he was looking at me from head to toe.

Jude shot him a look and mumbled, “Yeah Rob, that’s Elle.” and sat down on one of the blue plastic chairs.

The rest of seemed to be going fine. Jude had two Foster sisters, Kimberly and Arabella, and 3 foster brothers, the obnoxious Rob, Avery, and David that was a year younger than us. I was having fun learning about Jude when he was little and watching him blush. I felt close to this group of new friends, besides McKenzie they were the only ones I really had now.

As if on cue a very red faced McKenzie stormed through the lunch room on the verge of tears. The whole room watched as she looked around till she spotted me and darted start for the table. I looked down at my barely eaten tray of food and sighed. I was thankful McKenzie was alright but part of me didn’t feel like dealing with drama at the moment.

Once she reached the table she stopped to take a few huffs of breath, he was worn out considering we were at the very back of the lunch room. She scanned the table of people I was sitting with and broke out into a mad laughter.

“You!” He eyes locked with Avery. “I can’t believe I did all of this for you! Look what I’ve got now! Nothing!” Her crazed expression turned to me. “And now I’ve even lost you to him!”

I looked at her with almost scared eyes. “McKenzie what are you talking about?”

“That stupid plan, Elle! Your stupid plan!” McKenzie’s face grew hard and her voice was solemn and hurtful. “She came back early! Who puts down on their schedule ‘Gone till noon.’ and come back two hours earlier!”

“Kenzie, calm down and explain what happen. I can’t even follow you.” Once I finished what I was saying to McKenzie I felt someone’s foot nudge me. I looked up to see Rob wink and felt his foot on my again. It was as if Jude’s whole family didn’t hear the argument between me and McKenzie. Avery and Jude were looking out of the window talking quietly and his sister’s were gossiping about the class whore…which I later found out was in fact Lizzie. There were completely oblivious of the situation.

During this quick time McKenzie had explained the whole story and began to repeatedly say my name. “Elle! Are you even listening to me?” My dumb “Huh?” sent her boiling point over the edge. “I can’t believe you. Lucy kicked me off the annual staff and all you care about is your new friends! Well I hope you have fun with them, Elle Ross!” McKenzie raced out of the lunch room the same way she came in except this time she allowed her tears to fall.

I sat there dumbfounded until Rob spoke up and asked, “What was her deal?”

At that point in time I was sure I lost one of my best friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey I'm not sure if you guys got the email for the last update since I didn't get any comments. ::shifty:
But uh don't hate Elle/MecKenzie or me for this chapter. XD
I know it sucks and was kinda uneventful and I hope I explained the whole Lucy situation well enough. I'll go more in detail later.
And I hope I didn't make Jude's siblings sound stupid. XD
Also I'm sorry this is short. XD
Okay okay I'll let you go comment now! (just kidding....well not really I like comments. :shifty:)