Elle.

It's like Murphy's law: Anything that can go wrong will.

After Biology I walked down the longs halls with a smile. I could see Jude leaned up against my locker talking to McKenzie. My heart surged as I thought about him waiting for me to walk to class and then it popped. What is Arabella saw? I quickened my speed to reach them sooner.

I whispered in a hushed tone, “What if your sister sees us?” I leaned into Jude’s side to be able to open my locker.

His arms snaked around my waist as he brought my ear up to his lips. “I have a surprise.” I turned my head to be mere inches from his and raised an eyebrow. “I’ll tell you during the lecture. Come on.” Jude’s had slide down my arm until in rested in my palm and we walked off to class after telling Kenzie goodbye.

Once we were seated I couldn’t wait any longer. Jude was teasing me by just sitting back in his chair with a smirk. He leaned forward ready to tell me when Avery walked in. We both looked up just as he shook his head and sat down in his usual chair by the window.

“Kim and Bella left after lunch to go to the Los Angeles fashion week festival.” Jude’s smile radiated as he continued. “And Caroline is joining them.”

My eyes lit up. “So that means we can spend the whole weekend together?”

Jude nodded. “Rob isn’t even here. He went up with the girls to make sure they’re safe till Caroline gets off work.”

I became ecstatic until I remembered my pending events. “Oh Jude…My friend Vicky’s baby shower is this weekend.” My face fell until he spoke up.

“I could always go with you.” Jude’s genuine smile melted my heart.

I sighed and thought about the guest list. Thoughts past through my mind as I debated if I should tell Jude. If we were ever going to be serious I would have to tell him about my past eventually and this seemed as best a time as ever.

“Bronx Wentz will be there.” Jude gave me a “So?” look so I continued. “We have some history together…the night before I left for Vegas we got drunk and...” I sighed and looked down at my nonexistent fingernails, nail biting had always been a habit at mine and during situations like this the desire would flare up. “We had sex.”

When I looked back up I was met with Jude’s sad eyes. “Oh.” He nodded and then sat up straight. “Do you still have feelings for him?” I shook my head no although that wasn’t entirely true. “Well then I have nothing to worry about.”

His small smile somewhat reassured me so I tried to stop worrying and pay attention to the lesson.

-

After school McKenzie and I went to a baby boutique at the local shopping mall to pick up a gift for the shower later that night. I told her how worried I was that something would go wrong and she did her best to calm me down. I remember thinking how I knew somewhere deep down in my gut something would go wrong.

Once I found a cute neutral outfit, considering Vicky wasn’t far enough along to know the sex of the baby, Kenzie and I went our separate ways and I headed home.

As soon as I turned down my road I saw Pete’s all black SUV. I closed my eyes and groaned. How long would they be here?

I quietly opened the front door just as I had the previous night and prayed everyone would be in a different room. To my luck no one caught me until I hit a the creak in the staircase.

“Elle is that you?” Ryan called from below, probably somewhere in the kitchen. I tried to ignore him until I hit yet another creak. “Eleanor.” I turned partially to see Ryan at the bottom of the stairs with his arms crossed and a hip bone jutting out in a disapproving stance.

“Yes?” Ryan only cut his eyes more. I turned to fully face him and said with a whiny voice. “But I’ve got to go change for the party.”

“You can’t at least say “Hi.” first to the people that took you in for months?” Ryan gave me a stern look and then motioned for me to continue the trip up to my room.

After I changed into a cute peach colored sun dress I nearly skipped down the stairs. The clouds had cleared up and the sun was shining and it brightened my mood greatly. My cell phone was in my hands as I frantically typed away a message telling Jude to come over whenever possible.

I rounded the corner to be met face to face with Bronx. “Hello Elle.” He looked down at me with a small smirk. I stared back sheepishly and dove around him and into the safety of our kitchen. Ryan and Pete both glanced up at me with curious expression then went back to the previous discussion.

“Oh hey, my boyfriend is going with us. I hope that’s okay, he’ll be over in a few minutes.” I ducked behind Ryan to get a package of Twizzler’s and then head back to the living room. Bronx seemed to be the only one that heard me due to the fact he spoke up first.

“What?! Your boyfriend?” Then after that it was a domino effect. Everyone seemed to be asking me different questions all at the same time.

When everyone finally got quiet I looked up to see what had stopped them. Jude was standing in the door frame with an awkward expression.

“That twerp is your boyfriend!?” Ryan’s words were harsh and I still don’t feel that my hateful look to him was strong enough.

I walked over to stand closer to Jude and grabbed his hand. “Yes, Ryan. Jude is my boyfriend and I don’t know why you would have a problem with that.

Bronx snorted from where he stood and crossed his arms. Pete smacked the back of his head and said, “Well I guess we should get going. The party will be starting soon.” He looked down at his wrist to check the time on a watch that didn’t exist.

Jude and I led the way out still holding hands. As we passed by the couch Jude whispered “I found your purse in my room.” He pointed to it sitting on top of the throw pillows. “And the notebook with our research.” I nodded and made a mental note to talk to Ryan later about Jude’s father. We opened the door and went out to sit in the big black car and wait for everyone to get inside.
-

When we arrive at the Los Angeles Botanical Gardens Jude and I venture off wondering around the mazes of flowers until we find the rest of the party goers. Vicky was sitting in a large rocking chair surrounded by piles of presents and people.

I let go of Jude’s hand for the first time since seeing him to run up and hug Vicky. I rub her barely there baby bump and laugh. “You’re too cute.” Gabe wasn’t too far behind just waiting for me to hug him.

“And who is this?” Gabe nudged towards Jude.

I blushed and mumbled. “My boyfriend.” Somehow our hands found each other and reattached. Gabe and Vicky smiled which caused me to blush even more.

Once everyone arrived Vicky began to open her present and pass them around so everyone could see. It please me that Jude played along with it even though I could tell he wasn’t into it. He was the complete opposite of Bronx who was sitting outside of the circle with his arms crossed and a glare planted on his face aiming for us.

When it came time for refreshments and cake Jude and I sat in a little group to ourselves just enjoying each other’s company until Bronx came over. I closed my eyes and counted to try and steady my breathing while he started his speech directed on Jude.

“I swear if you ever do anything to hurt her I will personally break your neck.” By the time he was finished Jude’s eyes were as wide as saucers and I had counted to two hundred and twenty five.

I sat in shock when Bronx finally walked away after giving me a long and serious look and if there was an answer he was searching for. I wasn’t sure if he found it but I blinked my eyes a few times trying to erase it.

Seemingly not long after that guest began to leave and Ryan rounded us up to say goodbye to the expecting couple. A few hugs apparently wasn’t enough since Gabe picked me up in his might grip and spun me around like he had in Vegas.

Vicky joked and said, “I hope he gets that out of his system now before the baby comes.” We both laughed and I reminded her to be sure and call me once she finds out of she was having a little boy or girl. She promised and waved as we left the gardens on Bronx’s lead.

Jude and I sat in the backseat and huddle up to each other since the cold front had moved back in and I neglected to bring a jacket. Jude’s head was rested on my shoulder and soon soft snores escaped him. The green numbers on the car’s radio read a little after 11: 30. I gently laid my head onto his and closed my eyes willing a quick nap to ensue.
♠ ♠ ♠
D'awhhhh. Elle <3 Jude. :tehe:
Jealous! Bronx y/n? XD
Oh and I am pretty sure the next chapter will be Jude's POV. And it will be short. XD Maybe.
So lemme know what ya think yea? :)

Baby shower outfit.