Sequel: The Federation

Legion Of Rockstars

Promotion Offer

“Fuck...YOU!” Amy screamed at the Rockband drum set, launching out of the chair as she, once again, caused the entire band to fail. “Give me the damn microphone.” Before Zacky could say anything, she dragged the microphone from his fingers and thrust the drumsticks into his chest. “Let’s try this again, shall we?”

“Yeah, sure,” Matt said quickly from where he stood playing the bass guitar. Johnny, for once, got the glory of being the lead guitarist. I smiled bemusedly from my spot on the couch beside Jimmy where we sat with Brian watching our friends screw themselves over on Rockband.

My pager beeped and I looked down at it. Joan wanted to see me, but not for a mission. I leaned over and pecked Jimmy on the cheek before disappearing out into the hall.

It had been a few days since the Jonas/Cyrus Operation was put to a stop. The Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus—once she became conscious again, at least—were interviewed briefly. Within hours of being captured, ankle bracelets were fitted on them. The four pop idiots currently found themselves on probation. They’d still be allowed to make music, attend concerts, and do all that other stuff—the Legion wasn’t cruel enough to deprive the people who genuinely liked them from their music. However, the entire time they would be accompanied by a Legion agent and kept a close eye on. If they showed signs of beginning to change their ways, the length of their probation—currently set at three years—would be shortened.

Jimmy was recovering well from his encounter with Headphones. No one could quite understand why it affected him worse than it affected me, but I honestly didn’t care to know. All I cared was that he would be alright, even though he still screamed out random lyrics once in a while.

Since our kidnapping situation, and also the takeover of the Jonas/Cyrus Operation, Jimmy and I grew very close. There’s just something about being trapped in a pop clones’ headquarters together that really brings people to a better understanding of each other. We weren’t exactly dating yet, but we did occasionally hold hands. Sometimes, we could even be caught pecking each other on the lips from time to time. But never anything more. At least, not yet.

“Asher,” Joan greeted warmly as I stepped into her office. She rose to her feet to briefly shake my hand before motioning for me to take a seat. I obliged, and she mirrored me by sitting in her own seat. “First off, I want to congratulate you on all the great work you’ve done. Because of you, we could finally capture and stop the Jonas/Cyrus Operation.”

“It wasn’t all me,” I said with a slight shake of my head.

“You’re just being modest,” Joan retorted, leaning back in her seat. “Okay, I’m just going to cut to the chase. I wasn’t lying when, the first time we met, I said that you could someday be sitting right where I am right now. With hard work and ambition, you could very easily be the next Legion director. With that said, would you consider being trained to become a junior director?”

“A junior director?” I repeated, almost not believing my ears. I hadn’t been an agent for a year, even! And already, Joan wanted to promote me up the ladder a bit.

“Yes,” Joan answered with a nod. She leaned forward again, resting her elbows on the edge of her desk and resting her chin on her clenched fists. “You’ve only been an agent for several months, but in those months, you have more than proved your ability. I knew you would do great things even before you began training. You have natural talent, Asher, not to mention a strong sense of teamwork and friendship. I think the Legion could do well underneath your leadership.”

“I...I just don’t know!” I gushed, ecstatic to hear her praise me so. But did I really want to become a director? “It’s an amazing honor, I’m well aware, but I don’t know if it’s something I’m quite ready for. I enjoy being an agent, but I hate to pass down a promotion such as this.”

“I can understand that,” Joan said calmly. She didn’t show any disappointment at my reluctance. “You enjoy working beside your friends, don’t you?” I nodded. “If you became junior director, you might still be working with them, but as their superior, somewhat like their boss. It would tarnish the relationships, no doubt.”

“I’m not sure if I’m ready yet,” I answered. “I’m barely used to being an agent, let alone becoming a junior director.”

“Is that a no?” Joan confirmed.

“Yes,” I said with a nod. “It’s a no.”

“Don’t worry,” Joan told me. “Even if you don’t want it quite yet, such a promotion will no doubt pop up in your future again. Meanwhile,” she rose to her feet again. I followed her lead. “Congratulations, Asher. You’ve done me, and this entire Legion, proud.”

“Thank you,” I replied. We shook hands again and I left her office.

Jimmy met me at the elevator door.

“I want to speak with you,” he said, and then pulled me into a nearby custodial closet, shutting the door behind us. He tugged on the light cord, and the light bulb flickered on.

“Yes, Jimmy?” I asked.

“I just...It’s just...I want,” Jimmy stammered. I smiled and patted his cheek soothingly, and he took a deep breath before spitting out, “Do you want to go on a date?”

I smiled up at him, peering into his ice blue eyes. I thought, after all this recent stress of mine, I deserved a date.

“That sounds aces, Jimmy.”

And the smile he gave me could punch the sun’s lights out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyya!

I know, the story ended a little abruptly...but there IS a sequel in the works. Here’s a link to the sequel, even though I don’t have the first chapter written: The Federation Subscribe to it if you want to, and then you’ll be notified when I DO finally post the first chapter!

Also, I would like to thank everyone who read/commented/subscribed! You guys are the people who keep me writing and updating! Every comment filled me with warm bubblies, and each and every one of you deserve a big, giant cookie like the humongous one at the end of Bruce Almighty!

Thank you for commenting:
Deathbat Prophet
Wolves Spill Blood
punkerchick128
Tilers Haner
Nicole Vicious
Suicide by Vengeance
Mafia Princess
MemphisandCollege
TwentyTwentySurgery
FANBOYS.Take.A.Comma
jazzi.all.over
You are the gears that drive this writing machine! =}

See you in the sequel, dearests!

Yours truly,
Audrey