‹ Prequel: Love Bites
Sequel: Everlasting Love

Second Chances

Chapter 1

Charlie, Dad and I have been like Bella’s and Jacob’s personal message delivers; it’s quiet annoying actually, and I was starting to get sick of passing things on. Besides from that things have been great; better then great actually. I go to school which is fine then I spent a few hours at the Cullen’s house and then I go home. School does seem to drag on some days without Jasper there but that makes it so much more special when I do finally get to see him.

All the Cullen’s welcomed me back quickly; Rose was even the first one to welcome me back, she said she needed someone to talk to about cars and I was that person. Spencer now lives with the Cullen’s as well; he and Alice are still going strong, they’re so cute together! So here I was sitting in the Cullen’s kitchen at the dinning table they never use; Jasper was next to me, he was watching me while I did my homework. Alice was flitting around the kitchen making me something to eat; Spencer was leaning against the kitchen counter watching her, a smile was placed on his lips.

I grabbed a spare pen from my pencil case and flicked it at Spence; bulls eye it hit him on the side of the head, I giggled but gasped when he turned to face me. I dove under the table crawling to the other side so I could run around the house; but I squealed and jumped when Spencer appeared right in front of me, when I jumped my head connected with the table making a loud ‘thump’ noise.

“Ow” I groaned grabbing my now throbbing head; I placed my forehead on the ground and moaned in pain. I was suddenly being lifted up into strong cold arms; they were holding me bridal style.

“Sorry Al” Spencer laughed quietly; Alice giggled softly too but I wasn’t laughing. I glared playfully at them both then looked up to see Jasper’s concerned face; I smiled at him and got comfy in his arms.

I reached for my homework but I couldn’t reach it from this height so I wiggled in Jasper’s arm and he gently placed me on my feet; I collected my schoolwork, glared at Spence and Alice while I quickly ate some of Alice’s cooking, and then I walked towards the stairs. I ran up the stairs with Jasper walking at human pace behind me; I opened his bedroom door, placed my books on his desk and jumped onto his bed, well it was more like my bed seeing as I’m the only one who sleeps in it. I was laying on my stomach when I felt the bed move a tiny fraction; I looked to see Jasper laying on his back next to me. I smiled widely at the beauty next to me; Jasper matched my smile easily, but I groaned when I saw Jasper had brought my homework over with him.

“Alex, you have to finish” Jasper told me in his smooth, deep, velvety, southern voice; I signed rolling my eyes. I sat up opening my work back up and starting to work on it again; every now and again Jasper would have to help me when I didn’t know the answer, and then I would thank him with a kiss which he enjoyed.

The time flew and it was suddenly time for me to go home; I said my goodbyes to everyone and Jasper walked me to my car hand in hand. I threw my bag on the passenger seat; and then I turned back around so I was facing my boyfriend.

Jasper closed the gap between us placing his hands around my waist; my arms made their way around his neck, we both leaned in making our lips meet half way. I felt the butterflies fly around my stomach, the fireworks were going off in my mind and the electricity flowed through our bodies. Jasper pulled away too soon as usual; I felt bad pushing his control but I couldn’t help it, my hormones take over my body sometimes.

“I’ll see you tomorrow love” Jasper said brushing his fingertips across my jaw line and my lips.

“See you tomorrow” I murmured while I felt the heat of my blush flooding my cheeks; I got into my car and drove towards La Push. It didn’t take me that long before I was parking in my driveway; I walked into my house to smell Dad cooking in the kitchen, I heard the TV on with Jacob watching it.

“I’m home!” I called through the house.

“Dinner will be ready shortly honey” Dad called back to me; Jacob didn’t say anything, he’s been really depressed since he took Bella’s motorbike to show Charlie, I told him that was a bad idea but of coarse he didn’t listen to me.

I hated seeing my brother like this; now I knew how everyone felt when I was depressed, I signed as I went to take a shower. Jacob hated the smell of vampire on me and the Cullen’s hated the smell of wolf so I was always taking showers. I walked into the kitchen just as Dad was serving dinner; we eat with Dad and I talking about our day, Jacob didn’t really talk all the much now. We were all watching TV; well I was reading my acceptance letter from the University of Alaska Southeast.

I had already got accepted into Harvard and Dartmouth; it made Billy so proud when my letters came, he ended up telling everyone about where I got accepted. I didn’t really want to go to university because I wanted to become a vampire; I wanted to be like Jasper, I wanted to be with him forever. But of coarse he thought like Edward and didn’t want to turn me into a monster; I even threatened Jasper and said that if he wasn’t going to turn me then I would get Carlisle too.

I only applied to college because it made Jasper happy; Bella was going through the exact same thing with Edward. I don’t see why their making such a big deal out of this; if Bella and I want to be vampires then why can’t we? I know my family won’t be happy but they will deal with it because I’m their baby girl; they happy if I’m happy, and if being a vampire makes me happy then they’ll be fine with it.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter of the sequel! Comment please!